Seward Alaska Bus?

vacationlover_mn

We will only have one or two extra nights in Alaska after our cruise. We are thinking of taking a tour from Seward to Anchorage on the day of disembarkation. I found the Seward Alaska Motor Coach Bus Transportation's website, and their 8 hour tour seems really nice!

Has anyone used their services, and what were your thoughts?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Looks to be a middle man since the actual bus company used is Alaska Cruise Transportation. ACT has gotten good reviews on this forum for their transfer. I don't recall seeing reviews for the 8hr tour.

But for about the same price you could get a rental car and stop wherever and whenever you wanted. It's an easy drive, very scenic,130 miles. Lots of video of the drive on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=seward+hwy+drive

If you only have a day or two then I suggest, you look further and find out, if staying one night in Seward of interest. This area is a gem, loaded with touring opportunities http://www.seward.com And- compare it with what you would do in Anchorage. http://www.anchorage.net

You certainly can add a whole lot more in your short time, with the one way rental car. Before you dismiss it due to costs, do some further reading on the Seward Highway, Whittier, Girdwood, Turnagain Arm, Alyeska, Winner Creek Trail, Portage Glacier boat tour, visitor Center. Alaska Wildlife Conservatory, Potter's March etc etc etc

We are looking to get from Seward to Anchorage after we get off the ship. From the Alaska websites we found the Act Big Bus to get us to the Hilton in Anchorage which is real close to where we need to go. Has anyone used this service? Reliable? Safe?

Thanks for the reply biojeep, we just need to get to Anchorage and we are staying for 10 days and will rent a car from the city location it is a LOT cheaper that way but not open on weekends

That is what we did. We took ACT bus to Anchorage airport & picked up our rental. We had rented very early & got a really cheap rate on an SUV. We backtracked & went to Girdwood & stayed at Alyeska Resort prior to driving to Denali. You will love being able to stop when & where you want by having a rental as opposed to a cruise tour. Have fun!!