Laundry turnaround

Miss JAD

The "6pm the following day" is the guarantee. If you send it on a day when they are not busy in the laundry, check with your steward, then there is a good chance you will get it back the same day. That is if you get it to your steward first thing.

Mike

The "6pm the following day" is the guarantee. If you send it on a day when they are not busy in the laundry, check with your steward, then there is a good chance you will get it back the same day. That is if you get it to your steward first thing.

Next Day is normal laundry service if you pay by the item. The fill a bag special offer ($19.99 on Epic last month) is usually two day service (e.g. turn it in on Wednesday, get it back Friday).

You can also pay by the piece and get same day service for a hefty surcharge of 50% more per item. Per item pricing shown below.

4dec09af488885918b859c4e0918c98d.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

Don't do it!!!

I sent 1 shirt to be pressed as part of their 1st night/half off plan. We were doing one nice dinner and I brought 1 nice shirt for my husband.

1. It was not back by 6pm the next day as stated... I finally called late sunday morning to see where it was (dinner was at 5pm on sunday night ) and they brought it up to my room within the hour.

2. when I looked at the shirt, which was clean when I sent it down and just needed pressing...there were large dark spots all over the shirt... like grease spots. I brought the shirt to the front desk and they assured me that the laundry would have the shirt clean and back to us in time.

3. They brought the shirt back to us at 4pm and the spots were still all there. Luckily, between tucking in the shirt, rolling up the sleeves a bit and the restaurant was dark he was able to get away with it as it was the only button down we brought.

4. Brought it back to the desk again and at this point I was just angry for them destroying one of my husbands few nice shirts. They ended up crediting the cost of the shirt to my account.

I would not recommend using their laundry because if they can't simply press a shirt, I can't image what they will do with actually dirty clothes. Wish they would just put self service laundry onboard like other lines.

$19.99 fill-a-bag special on Escape last week. We packed the bag so much we got two bags back. The laundry was picked up around 1500 and back by same time the next day. We are very satisfied with the service (previously used on Getaway); it saves us a lot on packing and checked luggage at the airport.

$19.99 fill-a-bag special on Escape last week. We packed the bag so much we got two bags back. The laundry was picked up around 1500 and back by same time the next day. We are very satisfied with the service (previously used on Getaway); it saves us a lot on packing and checked luggage at the airport.

you should probably bring a vacuum bag so that you can fill 4 bags of laundry into the size of one bag. Not sure if they will return your vacuum bag though.

Do they separate items and wash them in cold water if recommended and warm water for those. Do you include your underwear in a mesh bag or just plain in the laundry bag? Just wondering as I will be doing a 14 day cruise on the Breakaway and am seriously considering using the laundry service half way through, but I have never done it before and don't want to end up with ruined items.

Thanks

Do they separate items and wash them in cold water if recommended and warm water for those. Do you include your underwear in a mesh bag or just plain in the laundry bag? Just wondering as I will be doing a 14 day cruise on the Breakaway and am seriously considering using the laundry service half way through, but I have never done it before and don't want to end up with ruined items.

Thanks

No, everything is washed in hot water and dried in the dryer. Don't send anything that has special care instructions. Don't use a mesh bag, they individually tag every item and put them in the washer with other people's items.

I sent a pair of ladies trousers to be laundered and they came back beautifully pressed and looked fantastic. I would think twice about sending small items and delicates out though.

Just wondering as I will be doing a 14 day cruise on the Breakaway and am seriously considering using the laundry service half way through, but I have never done it before and don't want to end up with ruined items.

Thanks

I have done 3 weeks in Europe with just 3 pairs of underpants, I washed a pair of quick dry every night in the sink or while taking a shower and wrung out in a towel and put on a towel rack to dry. By the next evening they were ready to wear so I did a 3 day rotation just in case I needed a spare dry pair. I cannot recommend these highly enough http://www.travelsmith.com/exofficio-quick-dry-full-brief/21300

On our 12 day cruise, it was about every 4 days and we had it returned the next day, late afternoon. We used it a couple of times, but we were on a 25-day cruise (b2b and ended up being a day short on the Star)

Never send anything delicate (that includes bathing suits) or special instructions, totally agree with this. Most things will come back nicely folded or hung up for you.

Edited by All-ready2cruise