Formal on QE

champagne lover

I have noticed on our voyage personaliser that we have a "175 Ball" on our formal night. What does this mean?

Its a ball Celebrating The 175 Years of Cunard

Some people may be in Cunard Colours

Every voyage that Cunard is doing this year is having a night celebrating the 175 years of Cunard. The colors are red, black and gold. I just read on another thread that not many people wore those particular colors on the 175 night so there's no need to go hunting for something special if you don't already have it.

Don't want to put the damper on things Ladies, but there wasn't so much of a turn out in Red/Black & Gold the other week on Q.Victoria.:confused: Ladies made more of an effort for the usual Black & White Ball .

I'd say it was the guys that made a bit of an effort in their Black Tux, Gold waistcoat & Red Bow ;)

Thanks for letting us know, I think that was Toffeegirl's experience on QM2 as well.

I'll report back next week, it doesn't make much difference to me, I usually wear red on one of the formal nights anyway.

We are not showing a Black and White ball this time, was there one shown on your VP or the dress code list before you left or was it sprung on you when you were on board ?

On the Lusitania cruise on the QV we had a Black & White Ball and a 175 Ball both of which were mentioned in the Voyage Personaliser. As I said on the other thread we only saw a few red dresses and red bow ties.

However, at the end of the day ( or I should say evening ) all our ladies looked fabulous !! whatever they chose to wear ....I think the focus of these 175 evenings/Ball are really about a formal evening and a dinner with a nice souvenir 175 menu together with the commemorative lapel pin, which most guests wore .

The Ball Room is decorated with 175 Banners and there is even '175 logo icing' on desserts and the little fancy cakes served at afternoon tea. :D

Cunard really do deserve to be congratulated for their efforts they have put into these 175 commemorative events up and down the country, roll on Liverpool.

I'm not too sure if it's on every cruise/voyage , but we received some very nice memorabilia each evening on the turn down service .

Edited by Bell Boy