Liverpool 24th- 25th May

Host Hattie

My husband and i will be on our first cunard cruise, first transatlantic (to and from New York) and will see relatives in liverpool. Some for the first time since i was a baby when my family immigrated to Canada then USA.

hope we get to meet some of you on board. You have all been very helpful on this board.

My wife and I will be on QM2. See you there perhaps.

My husband and i will be on our first cunard cruise, first transatlantic (to and from New York) and will see relatives in liverpool. Some for the first time since i was a baby when my family immigrated to Canada then USA.

hope we get to meet some of you on board. You have all been very helpful on this board.

I'm sure we can sort out something.

I had planned to be there, but can't take the time off of work alas. So everyone who is there, please take loads of photos and tell us all about the day!

Will do, I'm guessing some of the best photos might be from the shore or the ferries so I will be relying on others.

I booked my hotel months ago arriving on the 24th and staying until the 26th :).

We'll give you a wave !

We will be on QM2. My wife is Liverpudlian.We met and married in Liverpool,so very special for us.By the way this is the third time we have sailed up the Mersey on QM2, never fails to send shivers down our spines when her amazing horn sounds. So nice we are staying overnight in Liverpool.

We can now say we have been under, been over and now slept on the Mersey.

Are you going on any of them Lanky Lad ? I had wondered about one of the viewing trips but there didn't seem to be an option to book them ahead of time.

If you use the link Lanky Lad has provided you can book a ferry trip that will take you around the ships. We did a similar one a few years ago when QM2 was anchored in the river.

Cost is £25

David.

We will be on QV. We couldn't believe the welcome in Liverpool when we arrived there on QM2 in 2013! We are really looking forward to staying overnight on the bank holiday Monday 😄

We will be on QV. We couldn't believe the welcome in Liverpool when we arrived there on QM2 in 2013! We are really looking forward to staying overnight on the bank holiday Monday 😄

We will give you a wave.

hi guys

I am new to this forum and a relative new girl to cruising sailed on QM2 from New York to southampton. Anyway myself And hubby will be on the Queen Victoria on the Mersey in May soooo excited but was wondering if anyone else feels in the dark about what to expect. All the things I have found out so far are from other sources Liverpool Echo not cunard such as the ballet. Maybe it will all just be a big surprise. Looking forward to it anyway and discovering all the interesting posts on here

Liz x:):)

Hi Liz,

Welcome to Cruise Critic, I know what you mean, Cunard do seem to be quite secretive about it all.

Apparently there will be more details revealed this week. I'll post here if I find out anything.

Hi Liz,

Welcome to Cruise Critic, I know what you mean, Cunard do seem to be quite secretive about it all.

Apparently there will be more details revealed this week. I'll post here if I find out anything.

The Mersey Docks and Harbour Company Limited Maritime Centre Port of Liverpool

L21 1LA

T : +44 (0)151 949 6000

The Mersey Docks and Harbour Company Limited (Registered No. 7438262 England). Registered Office: Maritime Centre, Port of Liverpool L21 1LA SPECIAL DIRECTION

No.2 – 2015

PORT OF LIVERPOOL

The Mersey Docks and Harbour Company Limited, in exercise of their powers under the Mersey Docks and Harbour Board Act 1971, give the following Special Direction to all vessels in the Port of Liverpool (“the Port”).

THREE QUEENS EXCLUSION ZONE

On 25 May 2015, the cruise vessels Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria shall be operating within the River Mersey in close proximity to each other as a public display. This event is expected to generate a high level of public interest and associated leisure activity and, as such, special safety measures shall be enforced.

On 25 May 2015, throughout the limits of the Port of Liverpool, including the approach channel passage from the Bar to the River Mersey, an exclusion zone shall be in force around the following vessels:

 Queen Mary 2 (Indicative length 350m, breadth 50m)

 Queen Elizabeth (Indicative length 300m, breadth 30m)

 Queen Victoria (Indicative length 300m, breadth 30m)

The above indicative (rounded) dimensions are provided to assist distance judgment during the event.

Current planned approximate timings are as follows:

1030 – EXCLUSION ZONE IN FORCE FOR ALL THREE QUEENS

1030 – Queen Elizabeth & Queen Victoria arrive at the Bar Buoy, Queen Mary 2 departs City of Liverpool Cruise Terminal (“CLCT”) having arrived on 24 May

1400 – Queen Elizabeth berths at CLCT and Queen Victoria anchors in River

1600 – Queen Mary 2 departs Port limits

1600 – EXCLUSION ZONE REMAINS IN FORCE FOR QUEEN VICTORIA

2230 – Queen Elizabeth departs CLCT

2300 – Queen Victoria berths at CLCT (to depart on 26 May)

2300 – EXCLUSION ZONE NO LONGER IN FORCE

Cont…./

The Mersey Docks and Harbour Company Limited Maritime Centre Port of Liverpool

L21 1LA

T : +44 (0)151 949 6000

The Mersey Docks and Harbour Company Limited (Registered No. 7438262 England). Registered Office: Maritime Centre, Port of Liverpool L21 1LA

These timings are indicative only and it should be noted that the exclusion zone is dictated by the activities listed and shall be enforced throughout the event regardless of changes in timings.

The exclusion zone in force shall be:

 400m ahead

 200m astern

 200m port & starboard

It is expected that these exclusion zones shall merge during the vessels’ manoeuvres and, therefore, no craft should attempt to navigate between these vessels. This is indicated on the diagram to the right:

Support vessels provided by the Royal Navy and the emergency services shall be present to indicate the limits of the exclusion zones and collect evidence of any vessels attempting to navigate within these zones. Any vessel doing so shall be in contravention of this Special Direction and may be liable for subsequent prosecution by The Mersey Docks and Harbour Company Limited.

Captain S.F. Gallimore Group Harbour Master

17th March 2015

from ANM and Liverpool Port authority