Liverpool 24th- 25th May

Host Hattie

Hubby and I live in west Wirral. On special occasions such as this Wirral becomes gridlocked. So, rather sadly, DH and I today decided that we would not be going anywhere to watch the celebrations. Luckily I know links now to three webcams, so thanks to the people who posted two of those three links.

However, we do have two tickets on board a Mersey ferry for QV's sail away, about which I am quite excited.

Also we have just booked a Med cruise on board QV at the end of October. Wooo hoooo.

Heading up to my old home town tomorrow for a long weekend to take in the celebrations.

It will be rammed, as Liverpudlians love their ships, plus, many people are visiting from outside the area to witness this once in a lifetime river spectacle.

Let's hope the sight of so many people (some reports of up to a million lining both sides of river) leads to cunard, and other lines, starting up some turnaround cruises from the city. It has so much to offer.

Enjoy your cruise and have a fab Scouse weekend :)

Book in our cabin this evening, I think it's a different one to those given out up to now

That looks good! Yes it's different to the one given on the Lusitania cruise. We got this one:

mO74FZvY8GG91C_OI3VZMQw.jpg

I am watching this on the three ship's webcams on the laptop and keeping track on marine traffic. On the Cunard website there is a link to youtube for 'Live footage of Cunard's #3Queens in Liverpool' that will start in about 12.30 UK time.

We are just home, wonderful day we were on the Wirral side from just before 10 am, took chairs and a picnic great views.

There were HUGE crowds, but an amazing show well done Cunard, tired now and we are sunburnt, how did that happen!

The sound & light show & fireworks last night were great and well attended too. It would be interesting to know how many people came.

The ship's looked magnificent everyone had a great time thanks to Cunard and Liverpool.

I just got home. Been a long day. My new fangled smartwatch tells me that we've walked 10 miles around Liverpool today!

@Host Hattie I reckon I've sold at least 5 cruises today by chatting to people. Where do I apply for our free cruise?

From a P&O and Celebrity cruiser just wanted to pop over here and say CONGRATULATIONS Cunard. We've just watched Youtube and the events today. Well done to you for a fabulous day and to Liverpool for a great event.

Have to smile at the woman fronting it who said that she was amazed that the ships 'floated' ----------- errrrrr ---------- yes. :D:rolleyes:

People may criticise your cruise line as any other, but no one can ever take away the amazing heritage that Cunard has and that every other cruise line must envy.

E.g. Celebrity are having a special event to mark their 25th --- says it all.

We will sail with you one day ------

Enjoy the celebrations