Liverpool 24th- 25th May

Host Hattie

Thanks, the bit I'm interested in is arrival time for QM2 on 24th May.

as already posted in the link to Mersey Ferries they are running a vessel to meet QM2 leaving at 0745 and viewing trips from 1000 on the 24th

as already posted in the link to Mersey Ferries they are running a vessel to meet QM2 leaving at 0745 and viewing trips from 1000 on the 24th

I know but some of the information we have seen has us arriving at 3am :eek:

Its going to be an amazing week-end. Even though we only live 30 miles away, we have booked hotel rooms so we don't miss out on anything :)

I was on QM2 when she made her first visit in October 2009 and it is an amazing feeling when she is sailing up the Mersey. When she turns around near the Pier Head, you feel as though she takes up the whole river and you could jump off the front of her onto the shores of Liverpool or jump off the back onto the Wirral

Looking forward to being on board QM2 when she arrives in Liverpool on 4th July for the 175th anniversary. That is going to be a special day too

There has just been an article about the day on BBC TV local news, complete with diagrams.

The ships will approach the mouth of the Mersey at 10.45am on Monday 25th May (showing the QM2 berthed).

At around 12.20-1pm they will process down the river into Liverpool.

Between 1pm-2pm the three ships will turn and line up for an hour.

More details are now available on Cunard's corporate Facebook page.

I'll be there with 20/25 others. We have taken over a river side restaurant for a lunch event ..had to book almost 10 months ago.

It's going to be a great weekend event, not only for Cunard but also for the City of Liverpool.... So many Liverpool families have a connection with Cunard ,having worked on those luxury Ocean Liners. :)

Sunday 24 May

0900 hours: Queen Mary 2 arrives in the city and berths at Liverpool Cruise Liner Terminal. Flotilla of small boats welcome.

2200 hours: ‘Amazing Graces’ digital / light projection show on the Three Graces

2230 hours: Mid-river Firework display, off the Pier Head

Bank Holiday Monday 25 May

1045 hours: Queen Mary 2 leaves the berth to greet her two sisters at the mouth of the Mersey (the area between Crosby Beach and New Brighton)

1200 – 1400 hours: Three Queens meet and sail south in formation towards the Liverpool Echo Arena, and then turn through 180 degrees to face north. Further manoeuvres may be possible depending on weather conditions on the day.

1410 – 1415 hours: Queen Mary 2 leaves the city. Queen Elizabeth berths at the Cruise Liner Terminal and Queen Victoria anchors in the middle of the Mersey

2200 – 2300 hours: Amazing Graces’ digital / light projection show on the Three Graces

2230 hours: Firework display. Following the display, Queen Elizabeth leaves the city and Queen Victoria berths at the Cruise Liner Terminal

Tuesday 26 May

1630 hours: A special musical sail-away performance to say goodbye to Queen Victoria

1700 hours: Queen Victoria sails out of the city. Flotilla of small boats welcome.

Liverpool Liz, I've started a roll call for QV on here. Unfortunately it isn't very productive, but would love to meet up with you & my namesake, Host Sharon on the ship. 😁

A Wirral church will give people a bird’s eye view of the arrival of the Three Queens in the Mersey next month.

The Dome of Home camera is located on the roof of the landmark SS Peter, Paul & Philomena Catholic church in New Brighton and will be updated every 30 seconds.

People will be able to watch the live feed of the Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria sailing up the Mersey on May 25 on the Dome of Home Wirralcam website.

Viewers will also be able to watch the arrival of the QM2 the previous day, and other shipping manoeuvres over the weekend.

The majestic dome of SS Peter, Paul & Philomena dominates the Wirral skyline at its tip, directly opposite Liverpool’s famous maritime frontage.

Dome of Home webcam

Edited by Host Hattie

Hi Cinta

Great when I find out what and where it is new to all this malarkey ha ha :)

Liz, as a Scouser ! you are going to have to help our 'American Cousins' ( not to mention some of our southerners ;) ) what Malarkey means . :D