Liverpool 24th- 25th May

Host Hattie

From a P&O and Celebrity cruiser just wanted to pop over here and say CONGRATULATIONS Cunard.

Have to smile at the woman fronting it who said that she was amazed that the ships 'floated' ----------- errrrrr ---------- yes. :D:rolleyes:

Had to be the quote of the day. It was a case of OMG, did she really say that :D

We are just home, wonderful day we were on the Wirral side from just before 10 am, took chairs and a picnic great views.

There were HUGE crowds, but an amazing show well done Cunard, tired now and we are sunburnt, how did that happen!

The sound & light show & fireworks last night were great and well attended too. It would be interesting to know how many people came.

The ship's looked magnificent everyone had a great time thanks to Cunard and Liverpool.

We were on Wirral side I have some photos I am really pleased with. They reckon about 1.3 million!

Here are some of mine taken from the other side of the river in New Brighton

Arriving on a very cold morning:

30j71c2.jpg

The QE and QM2 swap places:

14qs76.jpg

24gtxyh.jpg

The QM2 leaves in sunny weather

2a11ko.jpg

I just got home. Been a long day. My new fangled smartwatch tells me that we've walked 10 miles around Liverpool today!

@Host Hattie I reckon I've sold at least 5 cruises today by chatting to people. Where do I apply for our free cruise?

I was wondering what Cunard are doing to capitalise on the success of the visit. Most people we spoke to had little or no idea about cruising or the cost or what a cruise is like.A few thought they got the fireworks and the fuss in every port!

All were very pleasantly suprised at the cost and about what was covered by the cost. Even if only 1% of the crowd who visted would be interested it is a huge number, but on the day there was no one from Cunard or any of the local TAs wandering round handing out brochures.

Just back yesterday from Queen Victoria - truly a moving and wonderful day! I wasn't expecting the fantastic send-off we got on the Tuesday but the celebrations kept coming !!

We were also on the Queen Victoria, arrived home yesterday. What an amazing, exciting and yes for this Liverpudlian, an emotional trip. The sail away was so affecting. Never travelled with Cunard before but we were so impressed with the ship, the staff and experience that we will definitely be back.