Farewell my CC friends, from chesterh

chesterh

So sad to hear about ChesterH. I remember him from 'back in the day.' Was thrilled he chose my title suggestion for his first book. He sent me a copy which I will need to find. I hope you are enjoying the midnight buffet wherever you are Chester, no matter what time it is.

So sad to hear about ChesterH. I remember him from 'back in the day.' Was thrilled he chose my title suggestion for his first book. He sent me a copy which I will need to find. I hope you are enjoying the midnight buffet wherever you are Chester, no matter what time it is.

Yes, I remember that as well.

Rest in peace Chester.....thank you for the many hours of wonderful entertainment.

I send my condolences to Chester's family and friends. Allowing all of us into his family and life as much as he shared really made a connection to them all even with having never met them personally, I feel I know them well and I am truly saddened to have heard this news.

God Bless you Chester.. Sail on..

• 3 weeks later...

I just read about Chester. I enjoyed reading his many posts about his cruises. You laughed, you cried, but you always felt like you were there with Chester and his family. My deepest condolences to his family. Chester is sailing in the heavens enjoying his cruise to the stars.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
7 hours ago, MisterMet said:

Would recommend it to anyone who likes to read cruise reviews

Sadly, after posting the above link, I've realized that everything was removed.

You can, maybe, read some of Chester's posts by looking into his profile and press "posts".

The links are worthless....

May be the mods can "relive" them?

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Sadly, after posting the above link, I've realized that everything was removed.

You can, maybe, read some of Chester's posts by looking into his profile and press "posts".

The links are worthless....

May be the mods can "relive" them?

Thanks for updating this, dani!  Somewhere on my old PC, I downloaded all of Chester's wonderful reviews and, IIRC, even printed them all out (lots of pages).  Now that I am only using a laptop - and 2 moves later - I haven't booted up the old PC in a couple of years and think the "dinosaur" is in a stored carton.  Maybe there's hope one of these days....

20 minutes ago, TenerifeSharon said:

Thanks for updating this, dani!  Somewhere on my old PC, I downloaded all of Chester's wonderful reviews and, IIRC, even printed them all out (lots of pages).  Now that I am only using a laptop - and 2 moves later - I haven't booted up the old PC in a couple of years and think the "dinosaur" is in a stored carton.  Maybe there's hope one of these days....

At the time, I think that Chester meant to safeguard all his "musings" on a separate "entity", which doesn't change its shape every time and then, but since he passed away, his account was closed for the lack of "upkeeping".

Should u find his reviews, I'd grateful if u could send them to me.... korema1 at gmail com, many thanks

On 9/22/2020 at 12:49 PM, dani negreanu said:

At the time, I think that Chester meant to safeguard all his "musings" on a separate "entity", which doesn't change its shape every time and then, but since he passed away, his account was closed for the lack of "upkeeping".

Should u find his reviews, I'd grateful if u could send them to me.... korema1 at gmail com, many thanks

I've already searched through many files on the laptop I'm now using, and promise to keep looking.  But it may take a while (hopefully in this lifetime)! 

• Thanks 1

I have not tried every link to see if they all work but I had the idea to use the waybackwhen machine to see if an archived copy of his website existed.

https://web.archive.org/web/20041009220856/http://www.chesterh.com/chapters/1.htm is a working link for his first review.

To search for other archived captures of his website, go to https://archive.org/web/ and paste the exact address into the box at the top of the page, and then hit browse history. Then you will be displayed various capture dates of his website, and you will need to play around with them until you find one that works and does not redirect you to an error page.

It is a bit of trial and error and a bit tedious, but from reading through this thread seems like it might be worth the effort and I look forward to reading them myself. 

• Like 1

Chester was one of the absolute best posters to Cruise Critic. I believe I read every word he ever wrote. As you can see from what jam19872016 found for us, Chester was a very accomplished writer. I distinctly remember his love of family and life in general. When he died, I thought it was a true case of “only the good die young.”

I sincerely hope his family luxuriates in all their memories of him.

Thank you, haras, for bringing this thread back.

And thank you, homosassa, for finding the book details.

Edited by May B
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I have not tried every link to see if they all work but I had the idea to use the waybackwhen machine to see if an archived copy of his website existed.

https://web.archive.org/web/20041009220856/http://www.chesterh.com/chapters/1.htm is a working link for his first review.

WELL DONE!!  And thank you - saved me going through about 30 cartons within the next year or so.  (But I'll still keep searching for other "lost" treasures.)