Farewell my CC friends, from chesterh

chesterh

A sad day for us here on Cruise Critic by losing someone who has brought us much joy and awe through his words in his book and posts. Chesterh's book and the recent article about his dog certainly are memorable and inspirational to my dh and me as our first cruise was also on the Galaxy from Baltimore around the same time; we enjoy/love cruising; we love and value pets, family, and animals; and he shared his travels and journeys with us. And like ChesterH, I am also retired from Software Engineering and both of us were born in northeast Ohio. I'll always treasure his book and "words."

Our deepest condolences to his family (including Birr & other canine members) and friends. I can tell through his words and the words of others, he was a wonderful husband, father, son, sibling, companion to canine family members, friend, and also a very special person to many of us on Cruise Critic.

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise

Farewell Chester.

That you were a kind and loving man shone so clearly through your writing.

May you sail now on the wings of the love that you shared with Kris and your sons, and the rest of your family and friends. You touched many of us here at Cruise Critic with your gift of story-telling; you will be remembered, and you will be missed.

Our prayers are with Kris and the rest of your family, and all those that had the privilege of knowing you.

Fair winds and following seas.

Farewell Chester, you were a true gentleman

When I first came to these boards and other experienced cruisers were less friendly, you looked out for me and showed me the way. I never forgot that kindness

My thoughts are with Kris and all your family and may you be sailing the seven seas of heaven, noting down your priceless anecdotes as you go

So very sad to read the news about Chesterh. We were very lucky to have him as a wonderful member of our CC Community. Our sincere sympathies to Kris and Chester's entire family. CC was a better place because of you, Chester!

I am sorry to say that it appears that Chesterh has passed away. There are several condolences posted to his Facebook page. Thanks for all the laughs in your writing Chester and Godspeed.

My sincere condolences to Kris and the rest of Chester's family. The CC community has lost a family member.

I'm so sorry to read this. My thoughts are with Chester's family at this time. Chester and I had many a laugh over New Hampshire's "5th season" which is mud season! It's going on right now!

Thanks again Chester. RIP.

Nancy

I'm very sorry to hear of Chester's passing. I've always enjoyed his insights and sense of humor. Loved his book "What Time is the Midnight Buffet".

My warmest condolences to Chester's family. Rest in Peace.

Here's a link to what appears to be his obituary from the funeral home.

http://www.currentobituary.com/ShowObit.aspx?id=159259&member_id=11

So sorry to hear. Did not realize until I was reading the actual death notice that Chester was only age 59. Too, too young!! Also found of interest that he was born in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. I know this town well. It is a large suburb just NE of Akron and south of Cleveland. One of his sons was named Ryan, the same as our son's name. His obituary reflects a very active and productive life with many varied interests and skills.

THANKS! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 105,142 views for this posting.