BEAUTIFUL SILHOUETTE - East Caribbean - Photo Video Trip Report 3/1/15

FRMPEI

CS13KW_%25200102%2520BeauS-XL.jpg

Overview

Wow! Our 2015 cruise aboard the Beautiful Celebrity Silhouette is in the books. All that anticipation, planning, and saving is all over but, the memories with family and new friends will live forever.

So how was your time you ask? Thanks for asking because we had a great fantastic cruise. ( I will explain we a little later) The weather was gorgeous with zero rain. It was just a bit windy in some places. Wind we can can take wind... you would not believe the winter we are having here in the Canadian Maritimes. I though last year was bad how does 466 cms of snow sound? With three major storms with the latest one this past Sunday and today. For my American friends 466 cms is just over 15 ft of snow.

Our group took over 5000 photos (I promise only to share the best ones LOL!) along with over 500 video clips weighing in at 272GB of video data. I literally spent the entire last week (vacation) down/up loading our photos and video clips.

I scanned every piece of paper that was delivered to our stateroom or mail slot. That alone was over 200 separate pages of scanning. (Yes! every Celebrity Today) I also took tons of food photos and yes some drink pictures. If you read my Equinox Photo Trip report last year you know I love tech so I will be spending some time on that.

The thing to remember about my style is that I do not do REVIEWS I do Trip Reports and I am calling this one my PHOTO VIDEO TRIP REPORT or PVTR for short. I learnt one major lesson from last year... Do not rely on your memory. So this year I took a note book along jotted down lots of notes.

So please come along for the ride. Please ask questions and or add your comments and I promise to respond. It will most likely take me quite a while to get this PVTR finished. I can only work on it during the evening. See! I work during the day so I can afford to cruise.

Great ready for the onslaught it is about to begin.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

We were on the March 1st cruise and also had a great time. Love the photo of the ship. Taken in the port of San Juan. lol I have pretty much the same photo at exactly the same angle. Lighting was perfect. Enjoyed your report.

I am looking forward to your review and pictures. I used to look at your screen name and call it frempay!! Then one day I looked more carefully and saw From PEI. Duh!

I always experience cruise withdrawal a bit and I totally feel sorry for you coming home to another snow storm after leaving that wonderful ship and the nice weather. I do hope your memories will warm you and maybe you booked another cruise on board!

The Silhouette is my favorite ship.

Kevin,

Looking forward to your report. We were on the Equinox with you in March of 2014. In fact just this morning we commented that we were on that cruise for St. Patrick's Day last year. Hard to believe it has been a year. We cruised on the Reflection last fall and are scheduled on the Equinox in Spain for 2016 and the infamous New Orleans Mardi Gras Cruise in 2017 also on the Equinox. I look forward to seeing your pictures and videos.

Carl (cmalagngl)

Hi Kevin!

Sorry to hear about all the snow...and more to come for you. Shocking the difference coast to coast. We have virtually no snow left. I don't even know if we have had a daytime high that was below zero all month.

Snow was in the forecast for Saturday - now it is back out. I'm not complaining though. It has been wonderful, but don't wish the snow on others.

You took one of the charters right? Canadian North partnered with Celebrity to go out of four eastern cities. Was hoping they would have chartered here too. A missed opportunity for them. The lovely Celebrity logo plane departed Edmonton many weeks ago...empty. Shame.

Looking forward to your review and your pictures. You should post a snow pic from home too.

:) Payd

I am excited to read this trip report because we are bringing the Silhouette back from Rome in the fall. We have never sailed Celebrity so I try to read all that I can about this great ship and company.

We sailed on Silhouette from Rome last year. Awesome cruise. A good number of the CCers were planning on doing it again this year. I wish we were among them.

I am so happy to see the start of your review! My parents are leaving from Ottawa on the 29th of this month on the charter flight to the cruise on the Silhouette. I will be sharing your information with them, and looking forward to the rest of your review. Thanks for posting. We have not had the tons of snow in Ottawa this winter, enough of it for sure, but nothing like what you are all dealing with on the east coast. However it has been one heck of a COLD one here.:)

Nice review so far! You guys took a ton of photos.

Hello bvocruise,

Good to have you along. I love taking photos it is my most favourite thing to do while cruising followed closely by eating. I would expect to share at least 500 here.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Yay! I've been looking forward to your trip report! DH and I were on this cruise also, and we met you and your nice family at the connections party. Can't wait to see more!

Thanks,

Hello Christina & Bradd,

So glad you found the Photo Video Trip Report. It was great saying hello and sharing a few words with you guys at the connection party. I noticed I have picture of you guys playing trivia beside us. Stay tuned.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Looking forward to more, we were on the Silhouette over Christmas and had a wonderful time, thanks in advance

Hi Mcobean,

Thanks for the comments. I feel honoured in Five years this is your 34th post. :) I was almost going to welcome you to Cruise Critic and then noticed when you joined.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I THOUGHT I remembered seeing the camera flash. Maybe I can blame my ignorance of US capitals on being blinded by the light...yeah...not so much. Your boys are so smart! I'm going to have to study before we play trivia again. And the most embarrassing of all: our son TEACHES world geography for a living! But he's also a football coach. If you know anything about Texas, that's a while 'nuther topic!

Kevin, thanks for pushing the boat out on this review.

I am full of anticipation (and beer)

Norris

Hi Norris,

Thanks for checking out my Photo Trip report over here on the Celebrity board. I will be sure to pop over to the Princess board and check out your Photo/Video Reviews in your signature. That is the main reason why I do not turns of signature I because I like to see one's travel history.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

We were on the March 1st cruise and also had a great time. Love the photo of the ship. Taken in the port of San Juan. lol I have pretty much the same photo at exactly the same angle. Lighting was perfect. Enjoyed your report.

Hi Cynthia and Allan,

Now I have to be completely honest because that picture was taken in 2013 when we did our B2B on Silhouette. I checked my 2015 pictures and 2013 won out. I think that is okay? That is a HAL ship behind us but it was the Eurodam in 2013 and Westerdam in 2015. I won't tell anybody if you don't. :D

Glad to have to you along please add your comments as the Trip Report progresses.

Regards,

Kevin Reid