Can I see what I've got?

Thranduilien

I have to admit this sounds a bit crazy, but I'd like to know if I have the Explore4.

I asked my TA and she said no because it would have been marked in her notes, but her notes also say that we have the Pinnacle Grill which we woudn't have booked just on our own. (I also admit to remembering being very excited about having the Explore4 for the drinks package. I don't ever remember knowing that we where not doing this.)

We also have a 3rd person coming with us at the reduced rate. I was under the impression that the reduced/free rate was only on select sailings but my TA says that it is always reduced or free. If this is true why do they not say that? Why do they only give certain sailings or add it as part of the Explore4...

Basically my question is, is there any way to sign into my HAL account and check to see if I have this? Or check to see if I'll have the beverage package?

I'm so confused and disappointed right now. lol

Is this your first HAL cruise? If not, you can sign into the HAL site and find out quite a bit.

I really wonder about that answer you received from your TA. We use a large on line TA, and every time we book a cruise we get a three or four page email with all the details including price, taxes, details and all perks. The first time any TA gave me an answer like "Its not in my notes" would be the last time I dealt with that agent.

Hi. Like BumperII, I use an online agency and get an electronic statement detailing my fees, perks, deadlines, etc. Still I had a question about my onboard credit, which was listed as "up to" $x. I called my agent's 800 number. When she wasn't sure she called HAL with me waiting on hold. In a minute we had a firm number and the agent emailed me a more specific statement.

The point of all that is you can ask your agent to call HAL. Best wishes.

Vicki

If you booked during the period of mid July to late October, it's possible that you have E4, but it wasn't offered on all itineraries. There's no way to check it on the website, even if you did book directly with HAL. I've only ever seen it on the confirmation, usually on the second or third page. I hope it works out for you.

I have to admit this sounds a bit crazy, but I'd like to know if I have the Explore4.

I asked my TA and she said no because it would have been marked in her notes, but her notes also say that we have the Pinnacle Grill which we woudn't have booked just on our own. (I also admit to remembering being very excited about having the Explore4 for the drinks package. I don't ever remember knowing that we where not doing this.)

Did your TA print out your confirmation and give those papers to you? If not, go back there and ask her to print them out for you, including the most current one. Check those papers carefully to see what it states you have.

We also booked under the "Explore 4" promotion; on my confirmation papers, page 2 near the top, there is a heading, "Value Added Items".........it shows the drink package and the Pinnacle Grill. So, we know we got the promotion, even though, no where on the confirmation does it state "Explore 4".

After you booked and paid your deposit, you should have received a booking confirmation from HAL via your TA which shows all the details of your reservation. If you had "value added" items as part of your booking, there will be a section of that confirmation document showing those perks for each guest. It would look like this:

HAL%20Value%20Add_zpshnncbnza.jpg

I have a similar concern. When I log into HAL, I can see my itinerary and it will show my excursions. But I wanted to see how much I paid for them and I can't find that information anywhere. I can look up what they cost on the excursion page - as if I were shopping for new excursions. But shouldn't there be a page I could go to that would show my account and how much I have paid?

I made the cruise reservation through a travel agent, but I made the excursion reservations online with HAL.

I have a similar concern. When I log into HAL, I can see my itinerary and it will show my excursions. But I wanted to see how much I paid for them and I can't find that information anywhere. I can look up what they cost on the excursion page - as if I were shopping for new excursions. But shouldn't there be a page I could go to that would show my account and how much I have paid?

I made the cruise reservation through a travel agent, but I made the excursion reservations online with HAL.

No, there isn't such a page. I've booked both with HAL and with a TA and I've never seen something like that. The closest is what you've already found, the itinerary without the pricing.

I think the only way to see how much you spent is to keep track of it separately. I keep a spreadsheet for port intensive cruises to keep track of our itinerary, excursions (private and ship) and costs. At least, you can look up your HAL shorex to get the pricing and enter that information in whatever you're using to keep track of your costs.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

When you booked your shore excursions on line, didn't you receive an e-mail confirming what you had purchased, and how much you paid for each one?

I have always received such an e-mail.

When you booked your shore excursions on line, didn't you receive an e-mail confirming what you had purchased, and how much you paid for each one?

Correct and I usually print them out just in case. Plus you had to use a cc so that should tell you price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Ruth, but I was looking for all the information in one place. Also, I didn't realize that I couldn't see my accounts on the web site so I failed to mark those emails. I just now found them again, but it was tricky, since they are sent from "internet_purchases" instead of Holland America. I will remember to "star" them in the future.

I just now found them again, but it was tricky, since they are sent from "internet_purchases" instead of Holland America. I will remember to "star" them in the future.

I guess every e-mail system works a little differently.. Mine allows me to create separate folders for different things. I create a folder for each cruise, titled for the ship and date, and move all the e-mails related to that cruise into it.

When the time comes to print out the necessary documents for a given cruise, they are all in the same folder. No hunting around involved.

I guess every e-mail system works a little differently.. Mine allows me to create separate folders for different things. I create a folder for each cruise, titled for the ship and date, and move all the e-mails related to that cruise into it.

When the time comes to print out the necessary documents for a given cruise, they are all in the same folder. No hunting around involved.

You are better organized than I am. If I have important mail I "star" it. I can't afford to go on a lot of cruises so I usually only have one booked at a time. But I think I will follow your example and make a folder for my next cruise.

Oh y'all and your folders. I just keep all the email in one big inbox and word search for everything when the time comes. What fun is destressing on vacation if you don't generate a little stress beforehand. ;)

Vicki

Heavens, I can't imagine not cleaning my inbox several times s day :eek: if I went more than a couple days, it would take hours to weed through it, haha!!