Shareholder Benefit OBC Confirmation

Captiveguru

Well somebody on here from Australia has posted they had purchased shares. Anyone can purchase share.s

You get extra OBC for every cruise you are on, You have to claim after final payment made. The amount depends on the length of the cruise.

SHAREHOLDER BENEFIT - UNITED KINGDOM BRAND CRUISES

On board credit per cabin on sailings of 13 nights or longer - £150

On board credit per cabin on sailings of 7 to 12 nights - £60

On board credit per cabin on sailings of 6 nights or less - £30

Please note the above is for UK sailings. Not sure what they would be where you are.

You do not get discounted fares for owning shares.

the minimum amount reqd for this is 100 shares. When we purchased ours in the UK cost us approx. £2000 I think.

I think those OBC amounts are for P&O, Cunard OBC is in $.

Thanks for posting the number Cap'n. I had mailed the paperwork for our OBC for our upcoming trip a few weeks ago, and had specifically requested that I got some form of notification, which has never arrived.

I called the number, don't be put off by the fact that they answer the phone Princess Cruises, and spoke to a very obliging lady who confirmed that they had given me the OBC for the trip. She also said that they don't acknowledge the requests any more as the OBC will be seen in your VP. I let her know that if I had been able to see it on my VP, I would not have needed to call her, and she seemed surprised that it wasn't there!

I've never seen OBC mentioned in the VP. Just checked mine and there's nothing about OBC. I mail the info since I no longer have a fax. I ask for confirmation to my email. Last year I did receive the email, this year I didn't.

Guess I'll try the 800 number when the West Coast is awake.

Sent a fax to Santa Clarita CA last week applying for shareholder benefit but had heard nothing. Prompted by this thread I called today and received news that it has been added. As previously reported, the assistant claimed that I can see it on my VP but I explained gently that was not so, she seemed surprised. Ignore my stated location I have a U.S. booking.

M-AR

Took a long time (8 weeks) but I have finally got confirmation that a cheque is being sent refunding the OBC I had left over.:D

Bit confused. What type of OBC was it? Never heard

of anyone getting unused OBC refunded.

David.

David.

I've never heard of unused OBC being refunded either. Has there been a change in policy as stated on the Cunard website?...

"Please note on board credit is non refundable and no cash alternative available. It may not be spent prior to embarkation." -Quoted from https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/obc_used -S.

My policy with shareholder benefit is to phone the bank through which I bought the shares and ask them to email cunard direct with confirmation that I hold them. I also email shareholderbenefits team and let them know it is coming. I generally receive an email response as well as new cruise documentation with the correct amount of OBC showing up.

The team here in the UK is fantastic.

David.

I've never heard of unused OBC being refunded either. Has there been a change in policy as stated on the Cunard website?...

"Please note on board credit is non refundable and no cash alternative available. It may not be spent prior to embarkation." -Quoted from https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/obc_used -S.

Sorry, I should have clarified.

It was a credit from a shorex that didn't deliver everything due to docking so late. We got around $30 each back but they put it on the account as OBC. I checked before disembarking as to take it out as cash, spend it or have it credited back as I was worried I would lose it and they said as it was a credit during the cruise I will get it refunded (couldn't take the cash), we spent some of it but have been waiting a long time for the cheque. We finally got confirmation by email that they are sending a cheque.:D

• 1 month later...

I was just applying for shareholder benefits (UK based) and noticed that the FAQs now state

Proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate or a current brokerage or nominee statement). (if your shares are held within a nominee account you can also provide a letter or ask your bank/broker to email shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com (no attachments of any kind including screen shots or images within the body of the email, can be sent to this email address for legal compliance)direct quoting your name, number of Carnival shares held and a current date). For your own security it is most important that any brokerage account/client numbers are blocked out together with any information not relating to Carnival shares before sending this information.

Please be aware that any emails we receive with an email attachment will be deleted. Regrettably we are also unable to respond to these emails. If you wish to apply for your Shareholder benefit via email, you will need to confirm your booking reference and quote your share certificate number together with your full name and address the shares are registered too.

I have always previously emailed with a PDF attachment of my brokerage statement so ended up having to fax through. Is this a recent change in the UK ? This seems to be the same process as the US now.

Will

• 2 weeks later...
My policy with shareholder benefit is to phone the bank through which I bought the shares and ask them to email cunard direct with confirmation that I hold them. I also email shareholderbenefits team and let them know it is coming. I generally receive an email response as well as new cruise documentation with the correct amount of OBC showing up.

The team here in the UK is fantastic.

Not any more! I faxed ( how old fashioned) a statement of my shares in a nominee account last week and just asked for a confirmation email - nothing!

I emailed just asking if they could confirm they had received the fax - nothing!

The telephone number is a fax line.

Not sure what to do next!

Not any more! I faxed ( how old fashioned) a statement of my shares in a nominee account last week and just asked for a confirmation email - nothing!

I emailed just asking if they could confirm they had received the fax - nothing!

Gill

After I faxed through my brokerage statement to confirm my shareholding a couple of weeks ago, I received an updated invoice via email after a day or so showing the onboard credit that was given. I booked directly with Cunard otherwise I suspect the email would have gone to the travel agent.

If you booked directly might be worth ringing the normal Cunard number and asking for a copy of the invoice for your voyage to check that the OBC has been applied. If booked through an agent ask them to check.

If notice that your signature shows November as your next cruise. I presume that you are applying after final payment as I don't think that they will process a request until then.

Good luck.

Will

Edited by WillH

Yes do get a copy of your updated invoice to see if the OBC is included. You also might need to get your TA involved. We had to. It's unfortunate and I was sorry to take up his time, but without his involvement, I don't think we would have received the OBC associated with the stock ownership.

[quote name='WillH']Gill

After I faxed through my brokerage statement to confirm my shareholding a couple of weeks ago, I received an updated invoice via email after a day or so showing the onboard credit that was given. I booked directly with Cunard otherwise I suspect the email would have gone to the travel agent.

If you booked directly might be worth ringing the normal Cunard number and asking for a copy of the invoice for your voyage to check that the OBC has been applied. If booked through an agent ask them to check.

If notice that your signature shows November as your next cruise. I presume that you are applying after final payment as I don't think that they will process a request until then.

Good luck.

Will[/QUOTE]
Sorry, last week I booked a late Saver deal for next month, so time is getting tight. Good idea about asking my TA to get involved. This same thing happened two cruises ago, when I had to go higher to get them to process my application, that was a late booking too, though a full fare booking, and time was even more tight then. And now I can't access my VP either! Is Cunard trying to tell me something? Edited by cruiseluvva

Here in UK, I just fax to Shareholder Benefits Team | Carnival UK

Fax: 02380 657 360

what I used to previously e mail.

Name, Ship, dates Cruise number and copy of latest Statement of shares held, with your account number crossed out.

I then receive an updated invoice showing the obc.

You could always e mail them asking, if they have received the post/fax making sure you do not attach anything to the email to

[email]shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com[/email]

They are a very helpful team.

I believe however that the powers at Carnival Towers are thinking that even fax is too modern and they are thinking about carrier pigeon ! Edited by Pennbank

[quote name='cruiseluvva']Despite the fax machine telling me the application had arrived at its destination, apparently they claim it didn't so, we have to apply again!

It was soooo much easier by email![/QUOTE]

Are you feeding the documents in to the printer/fax the correct way round ? Edited by Pennbank

[quote name='Pennbank']Are you feeding the documents in to the printer/fax the correct way round ?[/QUOTE]

Yep. No matter, I have sent it recorded delivery now. At this rate, I'll have spent as much as they're going to give me:D

I sent in the required paperwork for the OBC last month and received an email message from Cunard today (text from message in italics). This is for our January 2016 WC segment. I assume this is to minimize opportunities for people to buy the stock for the OBC and then sell it before the cruise departure date.

[I]Please resubmit the application for the Carnival Shareholder Benefit along with a current brokerage statement [U]at 90 days prior to sailing[/U].

Sincerely,

Cunard Cruises, Booking Support
24305 Town Center Drive
Shareholder Fax: (661) 753-0180
[/I]