Second upgrade ever happen?

kendon

We booked two months in advance of the sail date with a sheltered balcony guarantee. We received notice last week of a two category upgrade...still sheltered balcony. We have cruised over two dozen times and this is the first time booking a guarantee so I have this question: would it be possible for our room assignment to change prior to embarkation?

We booked two months in advance of the sail date with a sheltered balcony guarantee. We received notice last week of a two category upgrade...still sheltered balcony. We have cruised over two dozen times and this is the first time booking a guarantee so I have this question: would it be possible for our room assignment to change prior to embarkation?
Yes, it can.

Twice (if I remember correctly) I've been "double upgraded" :) , both times on QM2, but this was some time ago.

Upgrading me hasn't been a priority for the upgrade fairy recently :( HooBoo!

We had a double upgrade on our last trip on the QM2. We had booked an inside cabin and when we got to the check-in we discovered we had been upgraded to a balcony - very nice surprise :D

Out of interest, how did you learn of your upgrade? Was it by email or had you simply checked your personalizer?

One upgrade would be nice let alone 2!!!!

We have booked a guaranteed cabin, FC grade and that's what we have got when we look at our cruise personaliser. Room has been allocated so I don't think the upgrade fairy will visit us. I don't know but I have a feeling once it's allocated we won't be getting anything different.

Normally upgrades only happen once, but multiple upgrades can happen. I've usually got 'upades' to better placed staterooms in the same category and the occasional category upgrade.

Only once did I experience multiple upgrades between payment and embarkation. I booked a Q6 and was updated to a Q5. Several weeks later my Q5 was replaced by a Q1.

I figure I've now exhausted my upgrade fortunes.

Yes. I've seen it several times on these posts.One couple wound up in a Q-2 I think. They started with an inside. That's the extreme, but an upgrade from a balcony to a Princess Grill room seems to happen sometimes. I think you just book a guarentee & if the Cunard wants to move a couple to a larger cabin to make room for say a 4 person group, that's where these seem to happen. We had a friend a few years back went from an ocean view upgraded to an A-4 on the QV. Not a Grill suite, but still a really nice upgrade.

One upgrade would be nice let alone 2!!!!

We have booked a guaranteed cabin, FC grade and that's what we have got when we look at our cruise personaliser. Room has been allocated so I don't think the upgrade fairy will visit us. I don't know but I have a feeling once it's allocated we won't be getting anything different.

Judging by some of the last second upgrades(like when you're checking in)I've seen some pax tell about a real surprise on these posts, so it can happen.

Judging by some of the last second upgrades(like when you're checking in)I've seen some pax tell about a real surprise on these posts, so it can happen.

It would be amazing if it happens but I always book a room I am happy with anyway. Then no disappointment. We only sleep there anyway! Occasionally a room service breakfast and that's about it.

It would be amazing if it happens but I always book a room I am happy with anyway. Then no disappointment. We only sleep there anyway! Occasionally a room service breakfast and that's about it.

We always book the cabin we want and I have to say after sailing over 500 nights on Cunard we have never, ever, been offered an upgrade. Never know how it works as it never has done for us. :confused: I think because we have booked for years they think they have us hooked in :)

We always book the cabin we want and I have to say after sailing over 500 nights on Cunard we have never, ever, been offered an upgrade. Never know how it works as it never has done for us. :confused: I think because we have booked for years they think they have us hooked in :)

This is our first Cunard, and it hasn't worked for us either. There seems no rhyme or reason just the luck of the gods. And I am quite unlucky normally do not surprised no upgrade for us. Never been upgraded on anything!!

This is our first Cunard, and it hasn't worked for us either. There seems no rhyme or reason just the luck of the gods. And I am quite unlucky normally do not surprised no upgrade for us. Never been upgraded on anything!!

Our first Cunard last month. We booked a very late guarantee sheltered balcony for a ridiculous price on an 'inside to sheltered balcony free upgrade' offer and that is exactly what we got, but no moans about that.

In 33 cruises with various lines we have received one small two grade balcony upgrade but we have talked to very, very many people over the years, especially first time cruisers, who have gone from inside to balcony, outside to balcony, balcony to minisuite. We live in hopes, but not very high hopes, that it might happen to us one day 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We have had a triple upgrade. Inside to obstructed oceanview, then to a standard oceanview, and last to a balcony cabin. As to double upgrades, we have been upgraded from inside to standard oceanview, and then to balcony at check-in. And another time, we had an upgrade from inside standard to inside deluxe, then to standard oceanview. (Many thanks, Cunard!)

So, have faith: the upgrade fairy has mysterious ways and can always work its miracles. ;)

Only one free upgrade in all of our years of cruising: from one balcony grade to another. The change amounted to moving from port to starboard, two cabins further forward. Oh well, that's why we often try for up-sells, but will always book unobstructed balconies!

Booked a Guarantee Partially Obstructed balcony several months ago and was allocated an Unobstructed balcony so very happy - then just over 2 weeks before sailing upgraded to a balcony grade at the top of the category. Very very happy.

Edited by Scriv