Question about arrival into port and tour time

rabin1

Lottie,

Have a wonderful time! We are very jealous ! We certainly love Azamara once onboard but as I said before the back office is often woeful. However in a couple of weeks we will be on a River Cruise on the Douro in Portugal. Looking forward to it but Mike won't have five lovely ladies giving him a hard time. He's probably rather relieved. Have a great time on the marvellous Quest.

Lottie,

Have a wonderful time! We are very jealous ! We certainly love Azamara once onboard but as I said before the back office is often woeful. However in a couple of weeks we will be on a River Cruise on the Douro in Portugal. Looking forward to it but Mike won't have five lovely ladies giving him a hard time. He's probably rather relieved. Have a great time on the marvellous Quest.

Sorry to hijack Kathy's thread but as it seems she won't be posting again I hope she will forgive us!

Hope you have a lovely time on your Douro river cruise Pam. I know Mike will really miss all of us giving him grief though! Give him a hug from me please.

Has he bought you any marvellous presents lately? :D

Totally agree with you Pam.

It's a shame that Kathy will never get to experience the wonderful Azamara onboard service now. However, maybe her deep frustration with fairly minor matters pre cruise would have affected her whole enjoyment of the onboard experience anyway?

We have all had similar frustrations with the Guatemala office and the less than accurate website but we Azamara fans also know that once we walk up that gangway onto Quest or Journey then all that disappears in a second and we are so glad to be "welcomed home" with a smile.

I can't wait for next week and Quest again. Really wish you and Mike were joining us though but look forward to getting the gang back together next June. [emoji1][emoji898][emoji485]

Kathy didn't say that she would not be doing her cruise, just that she wasn't posting on this thread anymore. She did say that in future (presumably after this cruise) she will be taking land tours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Kathy didn't say that she would not be doing her cruise, just that she wasn't posting on this thread anymore. She did say that in future (presumably after this cruise) she will be taking land tours.

Thank you Grandma for clearing this up.

I am indeed going on the cruise and as I have said looking forward to going to the ports on the cruise and have paid the cruise in full. It was paid to Azamara almost a year in advance. I do a cruise for the itinerary and not the ship. I have been waiting for years for this exact itinerary. The only port I wish were included would be Istanbul rather than Athens but I know why it was discontinued.

What I said was I am going to go back to Africa on a land tour as my next big trip. I have been there twice and love it. No where did I ever say I was not going on this cruise.

I have decided I am not going to permit the snippy posts to stop me posting nor am I going to allow myself to get baited into posting something snippy. That will be on me. I would ask that all posters think what they are saying and if they would like what they are saying be said to them. I have been told for years a lot of people lurk and read but don;t post. The reason is they are afraid someone will say something not to nice to them. Let's keep the posts the way the spirit of this site was intended (that goes for me as well) to help each other and learn. I know I have learned a lot from each thread from you guys and on other cruise threads and thank everyone for that.

Bonnie

on the new brochure the tours in Cyprus still say they are leaving at 8;30 a.m. when the ship does not arrive into port until noon. I saw it. I was able to download it. As everyone knows I have been saying this since February.

Have a great day everyone. We are having thunderstorms here in Ft. Lauderdale.

Kathy

Edited by rabin1

As mostly a lurker, it seems that adults in any forum tend to get cranky/ snippy when they feel like they're being scolded or lectured..... Just an observation.

Now, back to lurking....

As mostly a lurker, it seems that adults in any forum tend to get cranky/ snippy when they feel like they're being scolded or lectured..... Just an observation.

Now, back to lurking....

I agree with you but that was not the snippy kind I was referring about. I have found that most people truly want to help. .Also found that there are people on this site that give incredible advice. Being new to Azamara but not new to cruising I have received a lot of great info from people on this thread. Things I did not know about. Here is an example of what kind of snippy I am talking about & and learned never to say again. At the end of one of my posts I said Have a Blessed Day. Someone posted after me that they were atheist and they resented me saying Have a Blessed Day. So I quickly learned not to say that again. Another example would be my keep asking the question on my OP which people berated me for but yet it is okay to say their issues over and over. That again is the type I am referring to.

So having said that Have a Great day...............& I am not telling you what to do.....lol

Kathy

A little over a year ago we booked our first AZ cruise which now departs in a few weeks. We were extremely frustrated by the website and online booking process. At the time, all we kept hearing was "use a TA" which was not going to happen. We came very close to giving up & cancelling out of frustration but the itinerary kept us from doing so. I am pleased to say things have gotten much better as our cruise approaches. Our e-docs worked great, we ordered (and quickly received) our luggage tags, and shore excursions became easy to book. We are glad we did not give up and will be boarding with an untainted eye. Let's see what AZ is all about!

. At the time, all we kept hearing was "use a TA" which was not going to happen. We came very close to giving up & cancelling out of frustration but the itinerary kept us from doing so.

Am mystified why you would say the portion of you post that I quoted? There is absolutely no downside to using a TA, only upsides and with the correct TA's the possibility to save a lot of money.

Not trying to prolong this however, your latest comment appears to indicate that you can't plan and book with a TA. We enjoy planning our trips and do all of the legwork and know it is easier to book with our TA than the usually un knowledgeable cruise line agent.

A little over a year ago we booked our first AZ cruise which now departs in a few weeks. We were extremely frustrated by the website and online booking process. At the time, all we kept hearing was "use a TA" which was not going to happen. We came very close to giving up & cancelling out of frustration but the itinerary kept us from doing so. I am pleased to say things have gotten much better as our cruise approaches. Our e-docs worked great, we ordered (and quickly received) our luggage tags, and shore excursions became easy to book. We are glad we did not give up and will be boarding with an untainted eye. Let's see what AZ is all about!

We are in exactly the same boat. I posted here six months ago about awful issues and mistakes re two cruises we are taking in 2 months time but it has all come right....likewise our Christmas ones Land Discoveries seem correct and more importantly some interesting new additions for these trips that we will try because they are "different". It's different we are looking for.

We also noted in our April and June trips the quality of the Land Discoveries had improved and stories about buses with large numbers of people posted now must be recollections from the past because group sizes are much smaller. Indeed on two trips we noted we had less on ours than groups a roll call member had put together (they had minivans we had a larger coach we could spread out in, their vans went in convoy, our 24 seater did not have to wait for the other coach on the trip)

So two messages, Land Discoveries are improving and go ahead and make plans, any glitches of timing will get sorted out. And if your trip is in 2018 and beyond, there's plenty time! Hopefully for the future info will be proofed and accurate as soon as it is posted, but I see all this as transitional and I like the end result of "their journey" - and if you look at my posts from the past I was quite critical of shore excursions.

Edited by uktog

Hello jkadventures,

I hope you enjoy your first cruise with us!

I'll watch for a cruise review on Cruise Critic reviews :*

We are in exactly the same boat. I posted here six months ago about awful issues and mistakes re two cruises we are taking in 2 months time but it has all come right....likewise our Christmas ones Land Discoveries seem correct and more importantly some interesting new additions for these trips that we will try because they are "different". It's different we are looking for.

We also noted in our April and June trips the quality of the Land Discoveries had improved and stories about buses with large numbers of people posted now must be recollections from the past because group sizes are much smaller. Indeed on two trips we noted we had less on ours than groups a roll call member had put together (they had minivans we had a larger coach we could spread out in, their vans went in convoy, our 24 seater did not have to wait for the other coach on the trip)

So two messages, Land Discoveries are improving and go ahead and make plans, any glitches of timing will get sorted out. And if your trip is in 2018 and beyond, there's plenty time! Hopefully for the future info will be proofed and accurate as soon as it is posted, but I see all this as transitional and I like the end result of "their journey" - and if you look at my posts from the past I was quite critical of shore excursions.

Thank you, uktog, for this post.

Our Land Discoveries teams (located internally and those who work in the destinations) really are working hard to create new, more immersive, shore experiences and to get them on line for our Guests.

On their behalf I thank you sincerely for reporting that you've seen great improvements.