Concierge

jajo

Just be prepared for people to post telling you CC class is not worth it - common theme on here :)

While we wouldn't pay much extra for it we do like it due to our cabin location and the footstools on the balcony. You now get an Embarkation lunch in the MDR so you do have to go to the buffet or Aqua Spa grill. You'll get an expanded breakfast room service menu.

Otherwise, just enjoy it, we do.

The Concierge cabins and verandas on the M Class are larger than non-Concierge so that helps justify some of the dfference in price. Last November on the Equinox we went to the Concierge lunch on the first day and it was a wonderful way to start our cruise....much better than going to the buffet. As soon as you get onboard go to the MDR so you don't miss it.

The embarkation lunch is a shorter time block, so many miss it. It's not just for concierge cabins.

You can look at the benefits offered to you online. Little things that won't add much to your enjoyment of the cruise.

The embarkation lunch is a shorter time block, so many miss it. It's not just for concierge cabins.

You can look at the benefits offered to you online. Little things that won't add much to your enjoyment of the cruise.

Nasty nasty nasty; just because you don’t see value in something or, more likely simply won’t pay for extras, what purpose is served by putting down someone who did?

Raining on someone’s parade seems to bring pleasure to the curmudgeons of the world.

To the OP, if you are treating yourself to an upgrade, enjoy it! It’s your vacation and don’t let negativity get in the way.

Nasty nasty nasty; just because you don’t see value in something or, more likely simply won’t pay for extras, what purpose is served by putting down someone who did?

Raining on someone’s parade seems to bring pleasure to the curmudgeons of the world.

To the OP, if you are treating yourself to an upgrade, enjoy it! It’s your vacation and don’t let negativity get in the way.

Huh? what was nasty about that post?:rolleyes: The primary advantages are a better cabin location and the captains club points. The other things are small stuff that you may or may not even notice. The daily canapes are the most noticeable thing as they show up in your cabin and the bottle of sparkling wine . I hear you can ask for a cheese plate instead. I wish I would have known that because I found most of the canapes to be a waste. It's hard to answer the actual question because there isn't really a perk like that. Most of the perks are minor niceties, the better tote bag is nice.

Huh? what was nasty about that post?:rolleyes: The primary advantages are a better cabin location and the captains club points. The other things are small stuff that you may or may not even notice. The daily canapes are the most noticeable thing as they show up in your cabin and the bottle of sparkling wine . I hear you can ask for a cheese plate instead. I wish I would have known that because I found most of the canapes to be a waste. It's hard to answer the actual question because there isn't really a perk like that. Most of the perks are minor niceties, the better tote bag is nice.
I will answer that question. OP bought it and is asking a simple question. But the response I quoted, and evidently your opinion is - aside for a few minor things, it's not really worth it and you shouldn't have spent your money. If you need that explained further, I'm sorry but I can't help you. Seems kind of mean to me.

This is incorrect. The lunch in the MDR is ONLY for Concierge. Also, the other little amenities make for nice special little touches. The list is on the website under the cabin type. Also, if you don't care for the little canapes, ask your cabin steward to deliver crackers/cheese plate w/fruit and ask them to deliver whether you are there or not. It makes for a very nice snack while relaxing late afternoon or getting ready for the evening.

You will enjoy it. Don't let those that "don't find the value" in it dissuade you. If they don't find the value,,,,fine. However, they seem to want to convince everyone else not to travel this class. The more they argue, the more I get the impression they are convincing themselves that they just aren't simply traveling more economically.

I really think this is one class of cabins that needs a few more perks for the money. You got a larger cabin on the Century class but they are the same as a regular veranda on S and Milli.You won't get anything extra that a good tip won't get you in other cabins. Just MHO

Not sure a tip of any kind would result in you getting the extra captain club points or a cabin on a higher deck (if that's what you like -we do [emoji106])

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will answer that question. OP bought it and is asking a simple question. But the response I quoted, and evidently your opinion is - aside for a few minor things, it's not really worth it and you shouldn't have spent your money. If you need that explained further, I'm sorry but I can't help you. Seems kind of mean to me.

Glad to see your crystal ball is so polished. Your powers of mind reading need work tho. Me nor the original person you quoted said it wasn't worth it. We simply pointed out that most of the added perks of this class are small niceties. I have 2 concierge cabins booked right now so obviously I see some value.

We were in a RS in September and could eat at the lunch if we so desired. It isn't just for concierge class.:)

Because you were in a suite, you were able to eat in Luminae or the MDR for lunch. If Luminae was not open, then you were permitted in the MDR for the embarkation lunch.

All others (non-suite, non-concierge and aqua passengers) are NOT permitted in the MDR for lunch. To state otherwise is incorrect.

Glad to see your crystal ball is so polished. Your powers of mind reading need work tho. Me nor the original person you quoted said it wasn't worth it. We simply pointed out that most of the added perks of this class are small niceties. I have 2 concierge cabins booked right now so obviously I see some value.

LOL- you win! I should have read your mind and know what cabins you have booked. Not sure why you chose to pick a fight; but I did learn long ago not to debate anyone in a kilt. You just can't get anywhere.

We were in a RS in September and could eat at the lunch if we so desired. It isn't just for concierge class.:)
Correct. They had already been providing the embarkation day lunch for B2B passengers from all stateroom categories, and sometimes for others, such as visiting TAs and guests, even before they decided to expand it as an additional perk for Concierge Class.

Wearing a kilt to the embarkation day lunch is optional, regardless of your stateroom category. :D

Edited by varoo

Because you were in a suite, you were able to eat in Luminae or the MDR for lunch. If Luminae was not open, then you were permitted in the MDR for the embarkation lunch.

All others (non-suite, non-concierge and aqua passengers) are NOT permitted in the MDR for lunch. To state otherwise is incorrect.

I don't agree with you on that. It didn't matter if Luminae was open or not, a RS passenger can eat in the MDR for embarkation lunch.:)

We have also booked concierge for the first time, just to add something a little different to our cruise, we are looking forward to "the little niceties" to add to our cruise experience and we may not have an opportunity to try them again so decided to try it this time (also couldn't afford Aq or a suite!) .. I believe we get priority embarkation, embarkation lunch, better quality towels/robe, special shower head, better quality bathroom toiletries, pillow top mattress and pillow menu, expanded room service menu, nicer tote bag, daily hors d'hoevres + wine (will exchange for dry white if I can) ...and extra CC points :) I am happy with those extras :)

We have also booked concierge for the first time, just to add something a little different to our cruise, we are looking forward to "the little niceties" to add to our cruise experience and we may not have an opportunity to try them again so decided to try it this time (also couldn't afford Aq or a suite!) .. I believe we get priority embarkation, embarkation lunch, better quality towels/robe, special shower head, better quality bathroom toiletries, pillow top mattress and pillow menu, expanded room service menu, nicer tote bag, daily hors d'hoevres + wine (will exchange for dry white if I can) ...and extra CC points :) I am happy with those extras :)

Yep, we are also looking forward to all of those things in April !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

first time in concierge cabin. Any perks we should not miss? thanks

You are suppose to have priority board, quickerpr service for luggage to your cabin. sparkling wine on embarkation in cabin as well as fresh fruit daily. You also get tapas to your cabin every afternoon. Pillow menu....priority tender tickets and disembarkation times...get a concierge desk to assist you with enquiries. On embarkation day you get invited to luncheon in Opus dining room ..(much better than hitting the buffet when you first arrive...food is great)

I always book this class of cabin...great location on ship....and perks. The only time I was disappointed was Nov 2015 when Reflection returned from Europe and there was mass confusion at the pier cause it took longer to clear ship ..they had to wash it down so they provided buses to take you to a mall to hang out for a few hours before you could board...no one was happy.. Priority when out the window....people who didn't go to mall were forced out of the building after getting checked in by agent to stand in the blazing sun and heat for hours ...no food, no water,...no explanation or timeline. Security had people chasing factitious managers in apparent Red blazers if they wanted to find out more or complain....(no one was wearing red blazers.) There was no seating area in the terminal like other cruise lines so crazy...................I do recommend that when you receive your email telling when to go to the pier ...advising you of what time your check in is , you listen to it. It will make your embarkation experience more pleasant...............hundreds of people show us just as people are disembarking and it makes it into a crazy seen .

Just got off Eclipse, where we had a concierge a in, and would definitely do so again. I certainly appreciated our own line at checkin and the MDR lunch on embarkation. Since we use our balcony a lot, we found the footstool a welcome addition. And while the canapés weren't extensive, we liked having a nibble close at hand while getting ready for dinner each day. Oh, and we always had fresh fruit, as well. The sparkling wine went into some lovely mimosas on one of our sea days.

That shower head was also welcome, as we're the bathrobes, and I had no complaints of any of our toiletries (unlike most hotel/ship toiletries in my experience).

We made daily use of the heavier cloth tote, as well as the flimsier tote everyone gets(used that one for beach towels).

Certainly our cabin location and the extra loyalty points played a role in our decision. Oh, yes, and finally, the Concierge printed our airline boarding passes for us, since we didn't have an Internet package.

Theze may individually seem like small things, but when added together, made for a very enjoyable and worthwhile addition to our cruise. For those who don't find any value, then they should make other choices. For instance, I couldn't find value in spent several hundred more just to eat in Blu. To each his own.

Hints...

Don't open the sparkling bottle that will be in your room. At the first or second dinner, make friends with and talk to the sommelier in the MDR and ask that it be exchanged for something value comparable. If you are in traditional dining, this is easy and has never been a problem for us. He just tells us to bring it to dinner the next night for exchange. ( We then take it back to the room for a sip whenever.) Not sure how it will work out if you are in select dining. But should if you deal with the sommelier direct.

The robes you get in C level, are much heavier than the cotton waffle ones. We ask the heavy ones to be exchanged when cruising in hot weather.

The canapes arrive in a little tray that holds I think 6 or 8 SMALL bites of anything from brownie bits to a garnished cucumber slice. If looking for something better and not having to be disturbed, I'd just make a little plate of cheese, fruit at lunchtime from the buffet. Store in the refrigerator and you're set.

Priority embarkation means you get in a shorter line. And of course that wait will depend on when you arrive at the port.

The breakfast room service menu has some hot items not listed on the normal menu. ( altho you can request those items in other classes) And a couple smoothies are listed. You'd have to decide if you like them. I do not remember the the room service lunch/ dinner menu as being different.

There is no actual pillow "menu". But if you like a different firmness or just want more pillows, you can leave a note for the steward. The thicker towels are nice.

The tote bag is definitely better than the throw-aways found in the regular class and comes in handy if shopping or carting your snorkel equipment and towels to an excursion. This one you'll want to take home. DH likes the foot stool on the balcony as he spends time reading out there every day. One cruise we ended up with only one stool. The steward never did find another.

We got to "elite' very quickly with the extra points. Definitely worth that change in Captains Club benefits.

I think you will enjoy your cruise with or without the Concierge perks. Happy Sailing!!!