Oceania stateroom sockets

beatnix

There have been a number of threads about outlets on Marina which is the sister to Riviera.

There are a set of USA on the desk and also a Euro.

The bathroom has a USA socket.

The nightstand have a USA plug on each (on Marina and R ships they are Euro).

You can see them in the stateroom photos --

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera_mayan_page2.htm

Edited by PaulMCO

There is an outlet in the bathroom, but it is not the typical US 3-pronged plug. Ours had a nightlight in it that was very hard to remove, so we just let it stay there. My understanding is that plug can only be used for electric razors and maybe an electric toothbrush. We had plenty of US plugs in the room.

We will be on Riviera soon and I would like to know if there are only American style sockets in the staterooms or also European ones.

Thanks in advance, Beate

Just in case: remember that the euro outlets are 220v as opposed to the US 110v ones. Chargers/devices need to be dual voltage to use both (with the appropriate adapter if needed).

• 1 month later...

I just returned from my cruise on Marina, and thought I would post some clarifications of the outlets in our B3 verandah cabin. There is a two-pronged outlet in the bathroom that has a nightlight in it that can be removed, but it can only be used for electric shavers and toothbrush that have two same-sized prongs. There is a euro outlet above each of the nightstands beside the bed. There is a euro outlet and two US outlets at the desk. However, the US outlets are side-by-side and too close together to use at the same time, so really there might as well only be one.

My advice is to bring at least one Euro-US adapter.

I agree that it's a good idea to bring along some adapters -- in either direction.

I bring my laptop with me and since that has dual voltage I usually plug it in to the 220V outlet.

In the top suites you have more availability that in the lower cabins, but even there it seems to me there have been plenty.

Mura

There is an outlet in the bathroom, but it is not the typical US 3-pronged plug. Ours had a nightlight in it that was very hard to remove, so we just let it stay there. My understanding is that plug can only be used for electric razors and maybe an electric toothbrush. We had plenty of US plugs in the room.

Loved the nightlights in the bathroom. Came close to taking it home with me but was able to find my own here. Plenty of outlets in PH for us on Riviera.