Can O Life OBC be used for gratuities?

lorene1

Yes..on any ship board charge from a martini to a tip....

Now, for next time,get an agent who is offering a group booking on your cruise. When you can book with his group, you will most times be given prepaid gratuities and well as additional OBC and you can have that much more in your account to spend on YOU....

Tried googling Connoisseurs Club, and it looks as if it's for North America agents. Is there anything similar for Europe?

Thanks

Can you call Oceania in the UK and ask for a list of the top agents in your area ??

Since grats are charged to your stateroom account and the O life promotion is a credit to your on board account - the answer is yes.

Not quite true. We could not leave an individual extra tip to our butler or anyone else on our ship board account. Any extra tips would go to the crew pool we were told so we had to give him cash. Bought a few things in the store to use up the extra credit we had. :(:(:(

Not quite true. We could not leave an individual extra tip to our butler or anyone else on our ship board account. Any extra tips would go to the crew pool we were told so we had to give him cash. Bought a few things in the store to use up the extra credit we had. :(:(:(

The takeaway seems to be that OLife generated onboard credit may be applied to the Automatic Gratuity (i.e the amount which is deducted daily), but not for additional or extra amounts.

The takeaway seems to be that OLife generated onboard credit may be applied to the Automatic Gratuity (i.e the amount which is deducted daily), but not for additional or extra amounts.

Just as we were told aboard Riviera a few weeks ago. Too bad as we would have left more if we could have done it this way. :confused::confused::confused:

Just as we were told aboard Riviera a few weeks ago. Too bad as we would have left more if we could have done it this way. :confused::confused::confused:

Yes and you would have left it as a legitimate extra gratuity.

Sadly, there is an element out there who would demand that a percentage of that gratuity be rebated to them, perhaps by the staff member directly. Never underestimate avarice.

I think if you were giving your own money it is not a problem but you are giving the extra gratuity from the cruise line's pocket

The OBC was a gift or incentive to get you to book the cruise

:rolleyes:

Sadly, there is an element out there who would demand that a percentage of that gratuity be rebated to them, perhaps by the staff member directly. Never underestimate avarice.

You've actually had a staff member tell you they were approached with such a scheme?

Never heard of nor thought of such.

I don't get this either. Who is stealing gratuities and how are they doing it? Whose avarice? It is a very serious charge. Please tell us exactly what you are talking about.

We received a call from reception on the morning before departure that we still had refundable OBC in our account. We asked that it be added to our gratuity and that's how it showed up on our final bill.

Are you saying that OBC used for gratuities is NOT distributed to the staff? If so, then we should all just go to reception the first day and ask that no gratuity be deducted from our account and then spend our time handing out cash to individuals during the cruise. Yuk!

Mary

We received a call from reception on the morning before departure that we still had refundable OBC in our account. We asked that it be added to our gratuity and that's how it showed up on our final bill.

Mary

I think the question was about the O Life OBC for Gratuities .... it is non refundable so cannot be used for extra Gratuities

The REFUNDABLE credit you had can be used anyway you want or refunded to you in cash on the last night

There is a difference in OBC's & how they are handled

I think the question was about the O Life OBC for Gratuities .... it is non refundable so cannot be used for extra Gratuities

The REFUNDABLE credit you had can be used anyway you want or refunded to you in cash on the last night

There is a difference in OBC's & how they are handled

Should not make a difference. We had about 6 bottles of wine with dinner and were not made to share them. Bought a shirt in the shop. All mine. My BW bought some things in the shop also. All hers. All of the OBC was not O Life, but Oceania club and Amex credit and as I said before some would have been left for our butler and a few others if they could have gotten the money. WE spent it anyway so I do not see why it could not be directed to where we wanted it to go. :confused::confused::confused:

Should not make a difference. We had about 6 bottles of wine with dinner and were not made to share them. Bought a shirt in the shop. All mine. My BW bought some things in the shop also. All hers. All of the OBC was not O Life, but Oceania club and Amex credit and as I said before some would have been left for our butler and a few others if they could have gotten the money. WE spent it anyway so I do not see why it could not be directed to where we wanted it to go. :confused::confused::confused:

The way I see it & you will most likely disagree but you are asking Oceania to pay a bonus to your butler from THEIR money .... sort of like playing favourites in the tip pool

The way I see it & you will most likely disagree but you are asking Oceania to pay a bonus to your butler from THEIR money .... sort of like playing favourites in the tip pool

Oranges or apples. I see it as when they put OBC on my account then it is mine to spend any way I want and I did spend it all. The only one to suffer was my butler. Once it is on my account it becomes my money I think except for the fact that we can not get cash for what we do not spend. Not a bad place to be having credit that I have to struggle to spend. A good problem to have. We can always agree to disagree. No problem.