Question Re: Sky Suite Class VOOM Access

Hello, I'll be on the Oasis in a GS for the 10/1/2016 sailing. I have a question on the VOOM internet access that comes as apart of the "Sky" level of suite class. Am I to understand that we will have UNLIMITED access for two (2) devices during the duration of the sailing? I'm interested in the VOOM Surf & Stream capability that allows for unlimited WiFi & Streaming as part of the package. I'm hoping it has both and comes as part of the Sky Class amenities that are included.

Edited by Dlanco

Thanks Bob, I'm also researching via the thread started with the "Sky Class" cruisers to see if some of those folks sailing now can provide greater detail. I'm hoping its both the unlimited WiFi and "stream" capability.

Dave

Yes you get the surf and stream. I was able to FaceTime and Netflix. On both devices. The access code is tapped to your sea pass card when you check in. It does not log you off after inactivity.

Thanks for the quick response Irishgal432! I appreciate it.

Each guest gets a 1-device unlimited package, but I'm not sure what level of package they get.

ok each guest gets 1 device. this is good to understand as I thought it was 1 per room. thank you

Each guest gets a separate code taped to their seapass for 1 device. You can use it on multiple devices. For example: I had an Iphone and Ipad. I used my Iphone while walking around the ship to communicate with others, but I then logged off and used my ipad for facetime and netflix.

Yes you get the surf and stream. I was able to FaceTime and Netflix. On both devices. The access code is tapped to your sea pass card when you check in. It does not log you off after inactivity.

Does it get you a visor from the activities staff on Oasis by trading in some markers at a trivia game?

Did you find that bargain for next spring yet?

Hello from Delaware.

Hey I bet the staff would trade the code for a visor instead of my basement. Haven't found anything yet but did find a good deal in August on the Adventure. The timeframe won't work for me. Did you set up your Facebook yet.?

Hey I bet the staff would trade the code for a visor instead of my basement. Haven't found anything yet but did find a good deal in August on the Adventure. The timeframe won't work for me. Did you set up your Facebook yet.?

Not yet; thanks for reminding me! We are heading for Boston and will do so on return.

So, no takers on the basement? A surprising shame.

Found out our two-day Harmony has free everything (well, no Moet Chandon) but taxes, gratuities, and beverages included - and a shuttle from and to the airport. And no kids!

Say hello to the other ladies.

Hello, I'll be on the Oasis in a GS for the 10/1/2016 sailing. I have a question on the VOOM internet access that comes as apart of the "Sky" level of suite class. Am I to understand that we will have UNLIMITED access for two (2) devices during the duration of the sailing? I'm interested in the VOOM Surf & Stream capability that allows for unlimited WiFi & Streaming as part of the package. I'm hoping it has both and comes as part of the Sky Class amenities that are included.

We were in a GS on allure last week (may 15 sailing). DH and I each got a code for one device (so we could use two devices at once, one with my code and one with his). We were given the faster access, for both surf and stream. Speeds seemed good - I posted them on the voom roll call thread a few days ago. It was a nice surprise, as I was only expecting surfing access for one device.

Do you think if there are 4 in a cabin you would get 4 codes? We are looking at a suite on Oasis with the kids and being able to message them on wifi would be great. Especially given the size of the ship - we are used to Radiance!

Do you think if there are 4 in a cabin you would get 4 codes? We are looking at a suite on Oasis with the kids and being able to message them on wifi would be great. Especially given the size of the ship - we are used to Radiance!

There are four guests in the cabin you should be getting four codes. I read on CC that upon checkin, when you get your sea pass card, your code for each person is taped to their respective card. I also read that it can't be changed to a code that you could remember, so don't lose that piece of paper because if you are logged off it is a random code.

Edit: we sail in August with 3, and are fully expecting 3 access codes. I might buy an package package with the D+ discount for my iPhone. I post and stream a lot so not having to log from device to device through the cruise would be great.

Edited by A&L_Ont