Sorrentos on Liberty

Just wondering if the pizza at Sorrentos is really good or not.

Sorrentos is just "ok" IMO. Think mediocre frozen pizza (Red Baron, Tombstone etc) from your local grocery store and thats about it. Im not sure what all kinds of pizza they make as I only get pepperoni but yes, I do believe you can have a whole pizza to take back to the cabin. :)

Edited by ryano

IMO, it's not great pizza, but it's not bad. I'd put it a step above frozen. Maybe like Little Ceasars if you're familiar with them. My kids ate a lot of it. It makes a pretty good late night snack after a few drinks. I've seen people here talk about it as being anywhere from inedible to excellent. As Bob says, food is subjective.

The pizza is just OK, but we ate it anyway... especially good at midnight (when Olive or Twist closed down and we went to the pub) until 2 am (when it closed)... LOL

They usually had 4 different flavors that changed every time we went but they always had pepperoni and plain cheese. Also had calzone daily, but very different from NY type and focaccia that I never tried.

They had the best desserts in little plastic cups though, and they changed every day. We liked the biscotti and ameretti there but had the coconut macaroons the 2nd to last night and they were rock hard.

It's been a few years since we were on Liberty but when we were on it my DW seemed to have a slice or 2 every time we walked past. She mumbled something with a mouthful that it wasn't too bad. Personally, I have never had a piece on ship. I like to go across to Cafe Promenade and get some sandwiches and cookies

Well, that's disappointing. I was looking forward to eating there. :(

Try it on different days. We usually looked to see what they had when we walked by. Some days it looked cheesey and some days it looked dry and over cooked. ymmv!!

I saw someone at the elevators one day and their pizza looked really bad; I felt sorry for them! I couldn't believe they didn't throw it away and ask for a new one. Other times it looked ok.

Edited by marci22

While food is very subjective indeed, there seems to be a general consensus on Sorrentos pizza that ranges from mediocre to downright sucks :p I dont think Ive ever read really positive comments on Royals pizza. One even called it cardboard with ketchup.

I had a couple pieces late at night a few times on Freedom last month and it was actually just made so it wasnt too bad. Definitely an area they could improve on with very little extra costs though. Princess does a great pizza from what Ive heard from many, why cant Royal?

Edited by ryano

Ive had Sorrentos on Liberty and Oasis class ships and they were pretty decent they were not as good as some of the places that I eat here at home. I know on the Oasis class ones you can make your own, with different types of meats

I know on the Adventure last week, they do not have a Sorrentos but they just have pizza in Café Prom and it was probably the worst pizza ive ever ate I had one once and never again. No big deal though there is always places to get some good food

I thought the pizza onboard explorer was really good but we just got off the liberty 5/6 sailing and thought the pizza was terrible. it had no flavor at all. I didn't think the sandwiches in the promenade café were good either but definitely better than the pizza. It was a big let down. We tried calling room service one night as an alternative but they never answered the phone

Just wondering if the pizza at Sorrentos is really good or not. Can you get Meat Lovers, Supreme, etc? How about a whole pizza to take back to your cabin?

Thank you

For me, it depends on the time of day and my blood alcohol content. In the middle of the day when I'm sober it's mediocre at best. At 2 am after heavy drinking in the lounges and clubs it's awesome! ;)

I just wish they'd keep it open 24/7 like Carnival. It's a real head scratcher. They keep Promenade Café open all night, but shut down the pizzeria. They just don't seem to get that boozers want pizza! Or Taco Bell. Or Waffle House. Or Denny's. :D

Edited by DarthGrady

I didn't think the sandwiches in the promenade café were good either but definitely better than the pizza. It was a big let down. We tried calling room service one night as an alternative but they never answered the phone

I also think the Promenade Cafe used to be better. Same sandwiches every day, bread not as good. The cheesecake lollipops were good.

I used to really like the non-pizza items in Sorrento's. They had the crostini with cheese on top, now it is just oily, dry toast. Everything was pretty much dumbed down from what it used to be.

I was also on Liberty of the Seas on May 6th. I would say the pizza at Sorrentos was okay, not great, not bad. It does the trick for a late-night snack or a midday nosh. If you can grab a couple of slices when they first come out probably better than when they're sitting out for a while. I did see folks requesting a full pie and waiting for a fresh one.

Currently on Liberty. Stopped for a snack around midnight last night. I chose the Chicken and Potato pizza, and it was exactly that...a little tasteless, but I was only looking for a bite to keep my stomach happy 'til morning. There was also cheese, pepperoni, and something called Contadina which was empty and did not have a description. DH had both plain and pepperoni in Sorrento's last night and in the Windjammer as an afternoon snack, and thought it was the same in both places.

Like other things on the RC ships I don't understand this. What does it cost them to make a good pizza? I'm not saying great, but good enough that people in this review aren't saying Bleech! Don't the "powers" try the pizza and say, "this is awful, lets improve this".

Don't they want people raving about different aspects of their cruise? I realize everything on the ship is "Make a Buck", but how does this interfere with that? Pizza is amongst the least expensive stuff they could serve on the ships. Fill the people up with this and they wont eat costlier items.