Share your thoughts on the Spirit

I was looking for a spring break cruise today and narrowed it down to 3. We will be on a tight budget for this one, which leaves RCI out this time. It's down to the Spirit, which would be going to my favorite port, Tortola. Carnival Breeze, which is going to all ports we've been to, although we like them. We would be choosing based on ship. The other is the Carnival Sunshine, which has 2 good ports...Aruba, Curaçao and Grand Turk which is okay. The two Carnival cruises are 8 days, inside for apx $1750. The Spirit is 7 days and would be $2500, but is a balcony and includes the alcohol package. Which would you pick and why?

After sailing on several Carnival cruises and one NCL cruise I would choose the NCL Spirit (I am actually going on her in December!) The balcony option is so nice compared to an inside on the Sunshine. If you like to indulge the drink package is an awesome perk! We got it in May and really loved having the chance to try new cocktails and old favorites without having to worry about the cost. The Spirit is also headed overseas after this year for quite awhile I believe so getting the chance to sail on her now would be great. :)

After sailing on several Carnival cruises and one NCL cruise I would choose the NCL Spirit (I am actually going on her in December!) The balcony option is so nice compared to an inside on the Sunshine. If you like to indulge the drink package is an awesome perk! We got it in May and really loved having the chance to try new cocktails and old favorites without having to worry about the cost. The Spirit is also headed overseas after this year for quite awhile I believe so getting the chance to sail on her now would be great. :)

We are big wine drinkers. We loved having the drink package on the Oasis because of their nice wine selection. I think we may be a bit disappointed with our choices on NCL. I agree, I would much prefer a balcony!

Breeze is so much more 'modern' than the Spirit. BUT the balcony might be the clincher. I don't know what you normally spend on CCL for your bar tab, but will you really be spending the difference of $750 on drinks? Also you're getting that 1 extra day on board with CCL. I think I would do the Sunshine (although I didn't think she was that great of a ship when I sailed her as the Destiny).

I hope you have a fantastic time on any of your choices!

I love this post cause I think i can help!

I cruised the sunshine july 2013 europe and spirit july 2015 europe.Inside on sunshine, ocean view on spirit. Not balconies but did go in my friends rooms on both ..balconies.

I loved both. Both pool decks were crowded on sea days though.

I think I would pick the spirit for the beverage package but only if you will drink 3+ drinks a day. If not I'd go with the sunshine as I thought carnivals service exceeded ncl's.

I like to cruise for the ports though, so I'd pick the one I wanted to see the ports more as both ships were fabulous! Have fun!!

Breeze is so much more 'modern' than the Spirit. BUT the balcony might be the clincher. I don't know what you normally spend on CCL for your bar tab, but will you really be spending the difference of $750 on drinks? Also you're getting that 1 extra day on board with CCL. I think I would do the Sunshine (although I didn't think she was that great of a ship when I sailed her as the Destiny).

I hope you have a fantastic time on any of your choices!

Our bar tab isn't very big...I'd guess $100-$200 at most. We drank a lot more on the Oasis than normal because we splurged on it, but that was only because they had a fantastic wine selection. The balcony would be nice though. I didn't care for our inside the one time we tried it (Princess), although it isn't a deal breaker since we spend so little time in our cabin. Hubby prefers the itinerary on the Sunshine and I do like the idea of an extra day. [emoji4]The Destiny was our first cruise.

I love this post cause I think i can help!

I cruised the sunshine july 2013 europe and spirit july 2015 europe.Inside on sunshine, ocean view on spirit. Not balconies but did go in my friends rooms on both ..balconies.

I loved both. Both pool decks were crowded on sea days though.

I think I would pick the spirit for the beverage package but only if you will drink 3+ drinks a day. If not I'd go with the sunshine as I thought carnivals service exceeded ncl's.

I like to cruise for the ports though, so I'd pick the one I wanted to see the ports more as both ships were fabulous! Have fun!!

We would probably drink 3 a day if they were included, but wouldn't buy that many if we were paying as we went. We really enjoy wine with and after dinner, but NCL's by the glass wine list has a lot to be desired. I would love to return to Tortola (NCL) and much prefer a balcony over an inside. However, we would also love to return to Aruba and visit Curaçao for the first time (Sunshine). Such a difficult decision!!

We would probably drink 3 a day if they were included, but wouldn't buy that many if we were paying as we went. We really enjoy wine with and after dinner, but NCL's by the glass wine list has a lot to be desired. I would love to return to Tortola (NCL) and much prefer a balcony over an inside. However, we would also love to return to Aruba and visit Curaçao for the first time (Sunshine). Such a difficult decision!!

Me too..I'm rxactly the same..if the drinks are included ...look out lol.. But if not one or two max.

I loved Aruba too...

Gosh if I had to pick a ship, I may pick sunshine... But honestly both are great!

But I would pick the drink package lolol...plus ur getting a balcony to enjoy the drink package 🍹🍷

I have never sailed ccl. I LOVE the Spirit and Tortola. I wish I could sail the spirit again before it leaves the U.S. I have been to curaçao many times and find it boring. We would stay on the ship our next cruise in curaçao but found a nice all inclusive resort to go to. I would choose spirit for the ports and drink package.

I have never sailed ccl. I LOVE the Spirit and Tortola. I wish I could sail the spirit again before it leaves the U.S. I have been to curaçao many times and find it boring. We would stay on the ship our next cruise in curaçao but found a nice all inclusive resort to go to. I would choose spirit for the ports and drink package.

What did you love about the Spirit?

My vote would be the Spirit. To be fair, we've not sailed with Carnival, but loved the Spirit as she is a unique ship--smaller and easy to get around with a lovely Asian decor and teak promenade deck. She's one of our favorites. Having the balcony and drink package is certainly a bonus.

Good luck with whichever ship you choose and have a great cruise.:)

What did you love about the Spirit?

Loved the observation lounge and raffles aft outdoor eating/bar area. The pool deck is very nice. The ship is smaller and easier to navigate. The crew was amazing. It was my first cruise ship, so maybe that is why it is my favorite.

Thanks for all your advice! We decided to go with Carnival Sunshine for spring break because of the price (we really didn't want to spend the extra apx. $800) and itinerary. We really do like this itinerary the best. Also, we have our first NCL cruise booked for next summer on the Getaway. I hate to book two NCL cruises before trying it. At least with Carnival I know what to expect. Also, I found an inside stateroom with a picture window facing the front of the ship for about the same cost. I don't think I will mind that it's not private, I just won't open the curtains when we aren't dressed. At least I will still have light. :) Thanks again!