Palm Beach

khiggs

That depends on which part of Palm Beach you want to be on. If you want to be near the vendors around Hilton/ Rui area, tell the bus driver to let you off near the Hilton. If you want to be near Moomba, tell the driver to let you off near Holiday Inn.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the pictures.... I was trying to remember the name of the beach I went to when I last visited Aruba..... all I could remember was the Pier. I was racking my brain..... Getting ready to go back, sailing out 6/17/17... Doing the happy dance :) had so much fun at this beach. :)

Call me a contrarian,,,but we simply do not like Palm Beach. Why? Too crowded and a bit too commercial. If you want to find Palm Beach simply look for all the huge high rise hotels (and all-inclusive Rio) and you will have found the beach. Our favorite beach is actually Manchebo.....but this is not really a good choice for cruisers..since its primarily for those at the Manchebo Hotel...and they discourage any others. After Manchebo, our favorite general beach is Eagle (in the so-called "Low Rise" area) which we find less crowded and much less commercial then Palm. We also love to go out to Arashi....but that beach is what we use for access to the decent snorkel area about 1/4 - 1/3 of a mile off the beach (no problem swimming out to that area).

One big advantage to Palm Beach is the nearby restaurants and shops....so this might appeal to those looking for that stuff. We go to Eagle to get away from all that....but are actually happy if all the other cruisers go to Palm :).

Hank

Last time we were in Aruba was a week at an all-inclusive called the Americana Resort...pretty sure it's been sold and rebranded since but believe it was on Palm Beach? Anyway, the sand there was so soft, like talcum powder. Does Eagle beach have this same soft sand and nice walking beach as well as amenities such as restrooms and loungers/umbrellas for rent? Sounds like it might be a bit quieter and more up our alley now if so.

Last time we were in Aruba was a week at an all-inclusive called the Americana Resort...pretty sure it's been sold and rebranded since but believe it was on Palm Beach? Anyway, the sand there was so soft, like talcum powder. Does Eagle beach have this same soft sand and nice walking beach as well as amenities such as restrooms and loungers/umbrellas for rent? Sounds like it might be a bit quieter and more up our alley now if so.

I believe that Americana became Occidental, which has been sold to Barcelo. The sand is the same on Eagle Beach. There are new restrooms across from Chalet Suisse restaurant, and chair rentals in that area.

I believe that Americana became Occidental, which has been sold to Barcelo. The sand is the same on Eagle Beach. There are new restrooms across from Chalet Suisse restaurant, and chair rentals in that area.

Thanks for this info...sounds like Eagle Beach is what we're looking for. If taking a cab from the ship, where do we ask to be dropped off? Eagle Beach? or do we need to be more specific?

Thanks for this info...sounds like Eagle Beach is what we're looking for. If taking a cab from the ship, where do we ask to be dropped off? Eagle Beach? or do we need to be more specific?

I would tell them to let you off in the beach access area across from Paradise Beach Villas. You'll be close to the chair vendors and not far from the new bathroom building.

I would tell them to let you off in the beach access area across from Paradise Beach Villas. You'll be close to the chair vendors and not far from the new bathroom building.

Thanks, that's great info! Now, I've read on another thread that Eagle is quite windier and the water is rougher than at Palm..is that true? We don't care about a busy beach but do prefer an easy entry into the water and calmer seas and not getting sandblasted in our chairs lol! Now I'm rethinking Eagle...

Thanks, that's great info! Now, I've read on another thread that Eagle is quite windier and the water is rougher than at Palm..is that true? We don't care about a busy beach but do prefer an easy entry into the water and calmer seas and not getting sandblasted in our chairs lol! Now I'm rethinking Eagle...

This would be my question as well. We have been to Aruba for land vacations numerous times, and have only gone to Palm Beach ( except for dinner on Eagle Beach). We would very much like to try Eagle, but we are traveling with young children and want to be sure that they don't blow away! lolol ( please don't take me literally)

The wind is strong during certain months. It tends to die down in September and picks back up in November. We stayed there last November and the breeze was non existent. Frankly, I miss the breeze when it's not there. We are usually there in January and February, and it is very breezy. The winds get even stronger in the summer.

Eagle Beach has some days with very strong surf, and some days are very calm. When we stay there for 2 - 3 weeks, we get a lot of both.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

The chairs were $5, we didn't get an umbrella bc there plenty of places to put the chairs in the shade. There is a full bar that also serves food right on the pier.... there is also someone tht comes around to take food orders from the other restaurants...

What was the cost for chair and umbrella rentals by Paradise Villas and are there bathrooms beach bar etc??

Hello,

The chairs were $5, we didn't get an umbrella bc there plenty of places to put the chairs in the shade. There is a full bar that also serves food right on the pier.... there is also someone tht comes around to take food orders from the other restaurants... the bathrooms are close as well.

Hello,

The chairs were $5, we didn't get an umbrella bc there plenty of places to put the chairs in the shade. There is a full bar that also serves food right on the pier.... there is also someone tht comes around to take food orders from the other restaurants... the bathrooms are close as well.

If you were near a pier, you must have been on Palm Beach. Paradise Beach Villas is on Eagle Beach.

• 2 weeks later...