Outdoor lighting on Eurodam verandahs?

Does anyone know if there are lights on the Eurodam suite balconies?

Also (perhaps a very silly question), can the balcony doors be opened from outside or do they lock automatically?

As much as I'm looking forward to sitting out there watching the world go by, I would hate to be forced to spend an entire night out there doing so!

There is a light on the balcony which can be turned on or off with a light switch inside the cabin

The balcony door does not automatically lock when your on the balcony, but it does automatically closes unless you prop it open

There is a light on the balcony which can be turned on or off with a light switch inside the cabin

The balcony door does not automatically lock when your on the balcony, but it does automatically closes unless you prop it open

My understanding is that you are not to leave the balcony door open at all (not even propped open slightly) as it screws up the AC in other cabins.

My understanding is that you are not to leave the balcony door open at all (not even propped open slightly) as it screws up the AC in other cabins.

That's correct. There's a sign on the door advising that it is to be kept closed for that very reason.

Also please remember to turn off the light when you go to bed, we had neighbors who liked to use the light as a "night light" and didn't realize that it also lit our room (we like the curtains open)

We also keep the curtains open at night. A great way to see the sun rise above the horizon.

Also please remember to turn off the light when you go to bed, we had neighbors who liked to use the light as a "night light" and didn't realize that it also lit our room (we like the curtains open)

I would also add to please turn off the balcony light when you are not out there using it. Some of us are out there after dark looking at the stars (I am easily amused).

We've been fortunate on most cruises, but last year one of our neighbors turned on the light as soon as they came in for the evening and left it on wether they were out there or not.:(

I'm a night reader - and love to read on my veranda at night...indeed there is a light out there, and it's generally bright enough to easily read a book.

BTW - if you really want to experience something fun - have one person open your veranda door, and then go over and open your cabin door to the hallway. Get ready for some excitement, but make sure there aren't many loose things around because you'll be in a wind tunnel from hades! (don't actually do this if you can help it - it immediately plums all the cool air out of your room...some of us have discovered it by accident when we were going in or out of the veranda just as the cabin door was being opened by our partner or a cabin steward).

Thanks everyone. Glad to know there's a light out there on the off chance we drop something in the dark or do feel like reading at night (but will likely also enjoy star-gazing back there with the lights off). Very relieved to hear the door doesn't lock automatically ...

We were told to not turn on our balcony light at night on the Eurodam last November because it interfered with vision on the bridge (we had a balcony on the starboard side, forward, deck 7).

Edited by Diver2014

We were told to not turn on our balcony light at night on the Eurodam last November because it interfered with vision on the bridge (we had a balcony on the starboard side, forward, deck 7).

Interesting. Why even include a light on that balcony. They must learn from their mistakes. A simpler solution would be to remove the bulbs.

We try very hard not to turn the outside lite on at all. Want to respect our neighbors. What we do is bring 2 flameless candles on batteries and it gives a nice glow and respects our cabin mates. Actually I can read outside with them, but prefer to use a book lite!

Denise:)

We try very hard not to turn the outside lite on at all. Want to respect our neighbors. What we do is bring 2 flameless candles on batteries and it gives a nice glow and respects our cabin mates. Actually I can read outside with them, but prefer to use a book lite!

Both excellent ideas!

Good point. The three of us actually have book lights so that solves it! Will also look into the battery-operated candles.

Interesting. Why even include a light on that balcony. They must learn from their mistakes. A simpler solution would be to remove the bulbs.
Then the verandah couldn't be lighted when stopped in port in the evening, overnight, or early morning.

Although I would typically not ever try to book those forward cabins as choice, this is something I'd consider crucial to know in case I ever ended up getting one in a random assignment...because if I had a veranda cabin and found out after the cruise started that I wasn't allowed to have a light on outside, I'd request a room reassignment or a refund - because that would very much ruin a big part of my cruise pleasure. As much as I've cruised, I admit I've never heard this before that there were veranda cabins that were not allowed to have their light on at night...and I wouldn't want those cabins for anything above free.