coffee?

rob&mich

Silly question: Been on many cruise lines where some of the coffee is delicious delivered to the cabin in the morning, and some undrinkable. How is it on Azamara? Do I need to pack instant starbucks?

Silly question: Been on many cruise lines where some of the coffee is delicious delivered to the cabin in the morning, and some undrinkable. How is it on Azamara? Do I need to pack instant starbucks?

No need to pack instant. The coffee is very drinkable and remember you can go to Mosaic for the brewed to order coffees which are available free of charge as well. Some guests get "to gos" in the morning and take them to their room, We do not we found the room service coffee was fine - we are black coffee drinkers so quite sensitive to the quality and taste

I hesitate to disagree with UKtog but I find room service coffee over brewed and rather unpleasant. All a question of taste I guess.

On the other hand the selections offered at Mosaic are excellent and I am often found there soon after they open at 7.00am for my caffeine fix

I hesitate to disagree with UKtog but I find room service coffee over brewed and rather unpleasant. All a question of taste I guess.

No problem! Coffee is one of the most subjective drinks in the world and even the best can be ruined by the maker or the method of transport/storage once brewed! :D

Anyone got a device to train the husband in the art by the way -even with a Nespresso machine issues arise :rolleyes:

Edited by uktog

Yes, I believe there are syrups, though I've never ordered them. How does one know what to ask for...any suggestions?

I'm attaching a photo I took last year of our barista, Oscar. You can see some bottles in the bottom left corner.

image.jpg.034fb6d46c6e9775dfaf8bb7f9599770.jpg

We don't care for the coffee....much too strong for our taste. It's the one and only thing I miss while we're cruising. I feel the same about the coffee on X.

I found that the coffee on X has improved dramatically recently. On our first X cruise the syrup-based coffee [not the kind of syrups being discussed above ;)] was so weak that I bemoaned the absence of the Princess coffee card, but on the most recent cruise they had switched to Lavazza brewed coffee which while not quite what I make at home is dramatically better than any syrup-coffee [or Starbucks -- my daughter was a barista there for a while and reported that they proudly admit they burn the beans to get the desired effect -- desired in Seattle maybe, but not in my house! :eek:]

I found that the coffee on X has improved dramatically recently. On our first X cruise the syrup-based coffee [not the kind of syrups being discussed above ;)] was so weak that I bemoaned the absence of the Princess coffee card, but on the most recent cruise they had switched to Lavazza brewed coffee which while not quite what I make at home is dramatically better than any syrup-coffee [or Starbucks -- my daughter was a barista there for a while and reported that they proudly admit they burn the beans to get the desired effect -- desired in Seattle maybe, but not in my house! :eek:]

We were on the Summit in June and thought it was too strong. We like morning blends or breakfast blends. I do like the Starbucks breakfast blend but none of the others.

Yes, I believe there are syrups, though I've never ordered them. How does one know what to ask for...any suggestions?

I'm attaching a photo I took last year of our barista, Oscar. You can see some bottles in the bottom left corner.

Not sure about the syrups, but I recognise the barista. That is Owen and he is excellent.

Phil