Room service rings busy?

lelder1

We cruised in the Sunshine about 3 weeks ago and on the first night, tried to call room service. It rang busy and even though we tried for an hour, we could never get through. Anyone else ever have that problem?

We actually ran into that on one ship, can't remember which one, probably a dream class size. But it was actually late night hours, when basically there isn't any other food options available besides the Pizza. They finally answered but service was kinda slow. But we figured it's a free service so you can't complain too much. ;)

yes, it happened on my cruise last September/Splendor. I tried several times, and various times of the day/evening and never did get through. Didnt get my room service chocolate cake that cruise.:(

Anyone notify Guest Services?

I did not. I went up to Lido and got the coffee I wanted. Figured on turnover day Guest Services probably had their hands full.

It was a blip on the radar, not a major complaint, and I wouldn't have mentioned it except in response to a question.

We actually ran into that on one ship, can't remember which one, probably a dream class size. But it was actually late night hours, when basically there isn't any other food options available besides the Pizza. They finally answered but service was kinda slow. But we figured it's a free service so you can't complain too much. ;)

It is a cost buried in the cost of the cruise so it is not exactly free. It is annoying when the pizza line is very long and slow late night and you cannot get thru to room service

Anyone notify Guest Services?
no because they were closed at that time. Telling them later wouldn't have helped. Just thought it was strange that it was busy. I could understand if no one answered or took a long time to answer but we couldn't get through at all.

One cruise we called the number that was listed somewhere for room service, never got an answer. Tried a couple of times. We called Guest Services to ask if there was a problem - they told us the number we had (that we got from something in the cabin) was wrong. GS gave us a different number, called that one and RS answered quickly. No wonder there weren't a ton of RS trays in the hallway, no one had the correct number, LOL.

no because they were closed at that time. Telling them later wouldn't have helped. Just thought it was strange that it was busy. I could understand if no one answered or took a long time to answer but we couldn't get through at all.

Wow. Guest Services is open 24/7. Had to visit it at 2:30 am. People there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a cost buried in the cost of the cruise so it is not exactly free. It is annoying when the pizza line is very long and slow late night and you cannot get thru to room service

This. I don't look at anything on a cruise as "free". I pay a pretty penny for 5 people to cruise and I pay for every service.

And yes, on our last cruise on Sunshine in May getting RS was difficult. It was busy a few times and a few times it rang and rang and rang and nothing. Is was very much an irritation. Next time I will head to GS. There's zero wrong with expecting what you pay for and there's become a tendency across all areas of service to make excuses for bad service.

On our breeze cruises I just ordered through the tv every night. I believe many ships have that feature

That doesn't help those of us who want to call when we wake up in the morning.

Though to reiterate it's happened only once, I didn't complain about it at the time, and I'm still not complaining.

Ordering at night is fine if you're on a schedule or if you want it as a wake-up call.

On the sunshine, we couldn't use the "room service" button on the phone, we had to dial it (I think it was 8000). The room service button didn't seem to get us anywhere, I am guessing that someone messed up when they programmed our phone.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I thought GS was open 24/7.

Yes, we were on the June 9th out of Norfolk cruise. Hubby and friend both tried to order RS one night and gave up due to continued busy signal. However, it was late at night, maybe 1 am? I figured everyone was trying to call for the same reason we were. We were hungry and didn't want a hot dog from the midnight snack or stand in the loooooong line for pizza!!!

Yes, we were on the June 9th out of Norfolk cruise. Hubby and friend both tried to order RS one night and gave up due to continued busy signal. However, it was late at night, maybe 1 am? I figured everyone was trying to call for the same reason we were. We were hungry and didn't want a hot dog from the midnight snack or stand in the loooooong line for pizza!!!
Yes, this was the same cruise we were on. We were trying at about 10 pm to 11 pm - finally just gave up and ate some snacks we had pre-ordered. I had never experienced a busy signal for room service - glad we weren't the only ones. We had also ordered a case of water to be delivered to the room and never got it so we did go to guest services about that. We overheard the guest services guy say to the person he called about it "you guys need to get your act together down there". So we must not have been the only ones with issues. Still, this was the best cruise we have ever been on!