Adventure of the Sea Aft Cabins

bup1224

My husband and I are booked for September 2016 and it looks like we can snag an aft cabin on our cruise - would be our first Aft! Right now, Cabins 8690, 8390, 7690 and 7390 are available - any cabins better than the other?????

My husband and I are booked for September 2016 and it looks like we can snag an aft cabin on our cruise - would be our first Aft! Right now, Cabins 8690, 8390, 7690 and 7390 are available - any cabins better than the other?????

I'd go for the deck 8 corner aft staterooms.

Hey Bob, we have 9390 on Adventure coming up. What kind of balcony can we expect? Bigger than a port or starboard balcony?

The balcony is much larger than the same category stateroom that is side-facing.

Just got off on Saturday, had 8690 and 8692. 8690 WINS!! You do only have a single door to get out onto your huge balcony: 2 chairs, 2 loungers and a table. Best part was the privacy and seeing the whole back corner. There was an overhang as well so noone could see up, down or around.

I will never cruise again without this type of balcony. Made me feel like we were the only ones on the ship. Just bring a bungee cord for the door.

Good luck in snagging it!

Just got off on Saturday, had 8690 and 8692. 8690 WINS!! You do only have a single door to get out onto your huge balcony: 2 chairs, 2 loungers and a table. Best part was the privacy and seeing the whole back corner. There was an overhang as well so noone could see up, down or around.

I will never cruise again without this type of balcony. Made me feel like we were the only ones on the ship. Just bring a bungee cord for the door.

Good luck in snagging it!

I just received confirmation from our TA that we have Aft cabin 8690!!! Akpilk - do you have any pictures from the balcony and of the cabin that you could share - bup1224 at gmail dot com.

I"m sorry but I don't. I kept meaning to take a "full view" pic of the balcony but got wrapped up in the scenery or taking naps on it...you will love it.

The room was very typical of a balcony sized room. The best attribute is the privacy. We felt we have the ship to ourselves and never heard any other passengers, not even our kids in the next room ;)

I'm on the Adventure in February 2017 and will try and see if I can get an aft balcony. I had one on the Explorer and absolutely fell in love!

Us and another couple got a couple of aft balconies 8390 and 8392 on the Adventure in Feb 2017. There were a few left as of two weeks ago.

• 1 month later...
Not my pic, but was in 8390 in October. This is a pretty good shot.

D6675163-4E92-42FD-B5F8-2C85F77C8701_zpsuipoh0oa.jpg

The balcony in the pic is 8690(port side) and is a mirror image of 8390

Thanks for the picture. This is the room we will be in Ocober 2016. Looks like we made a good choice.

• 3 weeks later...
Mark, we have DI-1390 April 30, 2016. If our cabin like the one you posted? I didn't catch the number of your cabin. I've never had an aft cabin before. We did get deck 10, DI-1390

Thanks!

Debbie

I am pretty sure that 1390 is the exact cabin just on starboard side. We were in 1690, should look exactly the same sans a newer flat screen tv

Aft cabin is the best for cruising. You have a longer walk to get places, but the excersize is worth it. We had 3 people (all female) in a JS on the Adventure and there was so much room. Big bathroom, walk in closet. There was plenty of space that we could all dance in the room and on the balcony. We had rain one night and due to the covering our balcony did not get wet. We were on 8th deck. People below us got their stuff wet. We have a Aft JS and Balcony (adjoining rooms) on our upcoming cruise. Can't wait.

I'd go for the deck 8 corner aft staterooms.

We snagged 8390 for AOS the week of 10/8/16. Love the aft cabin. This will be our 2nd aft cabin. We love to have coffee delivered in the morning and sit on our balcony and enjoy the view. I have some awesome pictures from our last cruise. Can't go wrong with an aft cabin.

Here is a picture from another poster on room 8390...

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Draines/media/Mobile%20Uploads/D6675163-4E92-42FD-B5F8-2C85F77C8701_zpsuipoh0oa.jpg.html?src=pb&evt=detail_facebook_share