We are NCL cruisers and have booked our first MSC cruise.

Squidward Q Tentacles

We used to be die hard Royal Caribbean fans, then got a good deal on Celebrity and never went back to Royal. This year, a friend of ours joined us for her first cruise on the Celebrity Summit for spring break - her kids are now hooked on cruising!

For spring break next year, we couldn't convince the kids to go along with anything other than a cruise, but were having trouble finding one with dates, itinerary and pricing that worked for us. Then our friend found MSC Divina and we decided that the ship looked like a good compromise between adult and kid friendly, plus the price is amazing. We are flexible and not picky - all just happy to be away on vacation and not have to make beds, cook, clean, etc. - so while I know it will be different from what we're used to, I think it will be a good fit. We are all extremely excited!

Saw the Aug 13, 2016 cruise on the Divina and the price was right for us to take a chance. My missus and I are both excited about our upcoming cruise. I will be studying the MSC forum looking for tips on the Divina. I have read the pizza is very good, can't wait to try some.

MSC is way better the NCL.IMO

Squid!!! DW and I are also considering making the jump to 'MSC.

Hello! How have you been? We are doing great, really looking forward to this cruise. Take a look at the Aug 13, 2016 Divina cruise, maybe it will work for you. The prices are pretty good right now. Take care and hope to cruise with you again soon.

We are also NCL cruisers and looking into MSC

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We made the jump to the brand new "Seaside" out of Miami and also looking to see if we can squeeze a Divina cruise somewhere. Oh lordy, my hubby is going to kill me. :eek:

We made the jump to the brand new "Seaside" out of Miami and also looking to see if we can squeeze a Divina cruise somewhere. Oh lordy, my hubby is going to kill me. :eek:

I need to squeeze another Divina sailing in to Champagne!!!:D

I need to squeeze another Divina sailing in to Champagne!!!:D

Lol...and the prices are sooooo tempting.:):):) It's a good thing I don't live in Florida or I would be in BIG trouble.

Edited by champagne123
;;;;

MSC is way better the NCL.IMO

Why?

We will be trying MSC for the 1st time in a few months. The cost was great and the Status match was the kicker. If they did not offer that I would not have booked too many perks as Platinum to pass up.

I do see the status does expire in 36 months.

I have sailed Costa and I liked it, so hopefully this will be similar or better:)

I have been on over 50 total cruises with 28 on NCL. Since NCL is cutting back on everything, raising prices on everything decided to try the Yacht Club on Divina. Could not beat the price compared to NCL and with the status match you can't go wrong.

I am looking forward to sailing MSC and hope it is everything good I have read about on CC.

We are sailing on the Divina next April. We normally cruise NCL too but the price of their suites have gone up so high that we started to look elsewhere. MSC's YC prices were at the prices that NCL used to be. We are excited to try a new line and are hoping to establish a new favorite. :)

I think there might a few NCL loyals taking the short walk over here. Just seems like a good fit.

Yup. That's me. Looking at Preziosa next summer. It's funny, we moved to NCL from Disney and never looked back. It was liberating. On the verge of making NCL platinum after taking pretty much all of their Europe itineraries the last few summers, but I have a feeling we will feel the same sense of liberation moving away from NCL. It was a good run NCL, but it's time to try something new. It's no one thing, just an accumulation. Loyalty is a two-way street and NCL has stopped trying. I look forward to participating in this forum to learn about MSC.

We too are NCL fans - Platinum. We're booked on Divina for spring break next year. The only thing I will miss from NCL is no formal night and freestyle dining times. But for half the price and a beautiful looking ship, we were tempted enough to give it a try. Couldn't find a kids sail free during our break anywhere but with MSC. We did the status match and were able to get the 5% off our first booking. Bonus!

We had 2 formal nights on Divina in May?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't think 2 formal nights on a 7 day cruise is too bad. We usually dress for the "Norwegian Night Out" (or whatever they're calling it these days) evenings anyway or, if it's a special occasion for us, whatever... Not such a big deal as having to dress in truly formal attire with long dresses and tuxedos.

We make it an event and just enjoy it even if only for a few hours... :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatRock View Post

Squid!!! DW and I are also considering making the jump to 'MSC.

Hello! How have you been? We are doing great, really looking forward to this cruise. Take a look at the Aug 13, 2016 Divina cruise, maybe it will work for you. The prices are pretty good right now. Take care and hope to cruise with you again soon.

Hi Squid / Wildcat - We met both of you on a Pearl cruise a few years back. We sailed the Divina this past May in a YC suite and loved it. We have one more NCL cruise booked (booked last year with a great price) and it the pricing stays the same, we are done with NCL. We love the Haven and the suite experience with NCL but the pricing is driving us away.

MSC was fabulous. You won't regret it.

I personally prefer NCL. Here are my opinions of the pros and cons of MSC.

Pros:

-Ships are very pretty

-Competitive prices

-Good itineraries

-Shows are good

Cons:

-Customer service is terrible

-Activities are limited

-Announcements are made in 5+ languages due to catering the European market. This also makes shows difficult.

-No dinning at your own time

-Food portions are smaller and dinning takes a very long time compared to American cruises

-Sometimes it's hard to find people who speak English if you are on European sailings

-Food can be hit or miss

-You can't find food on the ship past ~9pm without having to pay for it

I have always enjoyed the NCL freestyle theme and enjoyed the activities on board. I would definitely still suggest to sail MSC so your own opinion can be made.

Edited by Animalgirl27