Meals in MDR

As usual, you are incorrect.

My post above is accurate.

That's correct, it is now brunch that is served on the sea days. Which certainly isn't the same as lunch.

Lunch isn't served at all anymore in the MDR, which I find quite disappointing. I don't know about everybody else, but some days I would like to be served while eating lunch, it would give our group a midday check-in, and we didn't have to worry about waiting in buffet lines, or trying to find a table close together. It's also nice to be served after paying all that money for a vacation!

Don't get me wrong, some days when we are lounging out by the pool it is quick and easy to grab a burger or something, but there are days where a lunch served in the MDR would be nice, I wish they would bring that back, I'm no fan of the brunch, just IMO.

Breakfast and dinner daily...lunch on SEA DAYS only.

They haven't had lunch on sea days in the dining room in years.

Although, on some itineraries, when you arrive in port later in the day, they do serve lunch in the dining room.

Uncalled for snide remark.:( On sea days there likely was less demand for breakfast as cruisers take a more relaxed approach and not in a hurry to eat.

How's it snide, they used to offer breakfast lunch now from what I'm reading here it's only Brunch, if that's not a cut back I don't know what it is.

Passengers, through their own choices, have dictated the move from 3 set dining times, breakfast, lunch and dinner, to the widely used buffet for breakfast and lunch. All you need to do is observe the scarse usage of the dining room for both breakfast and "brunch" to realize that the "buffet", which is always crowded for both, seems to be the location of choice for most cruisers.

I, personally, have never been an advocate of the buffet from its inception, forward and would still be fine with three set times and served meals but I, sadly, am in the minority. Passengers seem to like the "free for all" nature of buffets where they can browse and graze instead of a more formal, served meal.

No "cutbacks" as far as I can determine. Just a move to do what is desired by the cruiser themselves.

How's it snide, they used to offer breakfast lunch now from what I'm reading here it's only Brunch, if that's not a cut back I don't know what it is.

How is it a cutback if the DR is not being adequately used for breakfast on a sea day because cruisers are not getting up as early because they have no deadlines to keep? Maybe they used to do it, but the demand wasn't there. I don't call it a cutback.

More cut backs.

Not a cutback, simple efficiency.

If you want to eat both breakfast and lunch in the MDR on a sea day, you can. Just order breakfast items off the brunch menu at breakfast time, go back at lunch time and order lunch items.

Actually, on the longer cruises (more than 8 days), they do serve lunch on some sea days. They alternate with the brunches.

I hope this is true! We are on a 9 day Journey's cruise with 4 sea days. I think lunch in the MDR would be a good thing for the "throwback day" :D

I hope this is true! We are on a 9 day Journey's cruise with 4 sea days. I think lunch in the MDR would be a good thing for the "throwback day" :D

Our 15 day HI and 13 day MR cruises each had three breakfast/lunch sea days. The breakfast menu never changes, the lunch menu was different each day. The first lunch had the Steak Salad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Passengers, through their own choices, have dictated the move from 3 set dining times, breakfast, lunch and dinner, to the widely used buffet for breakfast and lunch. All you need to do is observe the scarse usage of the dining room for both breakfast and "brunch" to realize that the "buffet", which is always crowded for both, seems to be the location of choice for most cruisers.

Interesting. In our experience, the sea day brunches are very well attended :confused:

That's correct, it is now brunch that is served on the sea days. Which certainly isn't the same as lunch.

cruzeluver's point was that the brunch menu has both what would be considered breakfast items (e.g., French toast) and what would be considered lunch items (e.g., Caesar salad and macaroni and cheese). If you're offended by the fact that there is now one seating called 'brunch", there's nothing stopping you from going early to order 'breakfast' items and later to order 'lunch' items.

I hope this is true! We are on a 9 day Journey's cruise with 4 sea days. I think lunch in the MDR would be a good thing for the "throwback day"

We completed a 10 night Journey's cruise last month with four sea days but they still did brunch for all four.