SSS tier above Titanium

Kwaj girl

Rich Weiler's 2017 WC blog entry for today references an unspecified new tier level. No info on RSSC's website, though.

I haven't seen the blog that you are referencing but there was a thread not too long ago that asked for suggestions for a "new" tier level. There were suggestions about what those additional benefits would be. If Regent had an interest, I'm sure that Platinum and Titanium posters would have lots of ideas.:)

I haven't seen the blog that you are referencing but there was a thread not too long ago that asked for suggestions for a "new" tier level. There were suggestions about what those additional benefits would be. If Regent had an interest, I'm sure that Platinum and Titanium posters would have lots of ideas.:)

Here 'tis. It's near the bottom of Day 7

http://www.weiler2017worldcruise.blogspot.com/

Edited by Kwaj girl

The answer to the question/rumor about an additional level above Titanium.

I asked Matilda - Cruise Consultant on the Navigator - today and the answer is no.

Is this forever? Who knows but for the moment . . . nothing is to change.

Peggy

Edited by xrvlcruiser

Can anyone give us some pics of the rooms on Navigator?

Specifically Cat. G and Cat D?

Thinking of doing this cruise in 2019.

Do you all feel that this ship is in lovely shape as there are lots of negative reviews about her.

Thank you in advance and for those of you on board I hope you have a wonderful adventure!

Can anyone give us some pics of the rooms on Navigator?

Specifically Cat. G and Cat D?

Thinking of doing this cruise in 2019.

Do you all feel that this ship is in lovely shape as there are lots of negative reviews about her.

Thank you in advance and for those of you on board I hope you have a wonderful adventure!

I'll look for some pics - maybe Google could find some, but no way of knowing which are current if you haven't been on board before.

Bear in mind, G and H are window only, F and above have balconies. Cabins are effectively the same size up through PH A, if I remember correctly. We were on board last July and thought she was beautiful. Cabins are spacious, service is very good, and we enjoyed the renovations. It was our third time on Navigator and was our best cruise on her so far. I wouldn't hesitate to book on her again.

Be aware, though, she has a well-known and well-deserved reputation for her aft vibration. Usually better to book mid-ship if at all possible.

Edited by UUNetBill

Oops - just noticed a post above (and my reply to it) were pretty much off topic. In a feeble attempt to get back on topic:

Well, if they introduce an "Unobtanium Tier" (which is what it would be for me), I hope they don't mess with the lower tiers too much, especially since we're just about to go Gold this summer... :)

Oops - just noticed a post above (and my reply to it) were pretty much off topic. In a feeble attempt to get back on topic:

Well, if they introduce an "Unobtanium Tier" (which is what it would be for me), I hope they don't mess with the lower tiers too much, especially since we're just about to go Gold this summer... :)

Bill,

So far, at least, as they've added incentives at the bottom they have somewhat sweetened the deal "uphill." As Gold, we are looking forward to our free bag of laundry per 7 days (so 3 bags, Miami to Venice) in March/April. The only "retrograde" I recall was the removal of free WiFi for Silver a few years ago, but they grandfathered everyone and now everyone gets a free login so mostly OBE. So, if they add a level, it appears likely they would make it better than titanium rather than diminishing the lower tiers.

Bill,

So far, at least, as they've added incentives at the bottom they have somewhat sweetened the deal "uphill." As Gold, we are looking forward to our free bag of laundry per 7 days (so 3 bags, Miami to Venice) in March/April. The only "retrograde" I recall was the removal of free WiFi for Silver a few years ago, but they grandfathered everyone and now everyone gets a free login so mostly OBE. So, if they add a level, it appears likely they would make it better than titanium rather than diminishing the lower tiers.

Scott, you're probably right, of course, but since I'll never see Titanium, let alone whatever may come above it, it's somewhat academic.

That's why for me, "Unobtanium" is pretty accurate.

Bill, never say never. We did not expect to ever get to Gold ....... until Regent ran a special with double nights (I believe that this was also done on a couple of Alaska itineraries last year). It is amazing what levels you can reach in 13 years. We would have been Titanium if we had not tried Silversea and Oceania.

Fun thread!

Too late to edit last post. My DH thinks that naming the "new" level one of the "rare earths" would be nice. The first one that came to his mind is Neodymium. This makes sense since achieving that level would be very rare.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/neodymium

Neodymium definition, a rare-earth, metallic, trivalent element occurring with cerium and other rare-earth metals, and having rose-colored to violet-colored salts.

Edited by Travelcat2

Too late to edit last post. My DH thinks that naming the "new" level one of the "rare earths" would be nice. The first one that came to his mind is Neodymium. This makes sense since achieving that level would be very rare.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/neodymium

Neodymium definition, a rare-earth, metallic, trivalent element occurring with cerium and other rare-earth metals, and having rose-colored to violet-colored salts.

I vote no- at least for me it's too hard to pronounce !! Sorry TC2

That's okay - I find it difficult to pronounce as well but prefer it to naming it after a radioactive substance.:)

OK- Point well taken. Another suggestion. " Graphene" ! Scientists at Rice say graphene could potentially clump together radioactive waste, making disposal is a breeze! Not only that but I can pronounce it.:)