SO Tempted!!

Sea and Me

I think I am becoming addicted to the Princess website!! I keep checking prices for the Oct 7th 14day on the Caribbean Princess. If you go to book an inside cabin they show obstructed ocean views!!Today I noticed the cabins went down $100. Oh so very tempted to book, however its the Red,White and Blue sale, no refund on deposit. I checked all the prices and found there are 77 cabins available. SO DH and I decided to wait a little longer and maybe a "better price and sale" will come along. I guess I will be checking and hoping a bargain will appear. As you probably can see we really are not particular where the cabin is located.

I would always go ahead and book after I decided on which cruise and when. You can re-fare to get price drops and sale benefits if the sale isn't for new bookings only. I like to nail down a cabin that I like.

I think I am becoming addicted to the Princess website!! I keep checking prices for the Oct 7th 14day on the Caribbean Princess. If you go to book an inside cabin they show obstructed ocean views!!Today I noticed the cabins went down $100. Oh so very tempted to book, however its the Red,White and Blue sale, no refund on deposit. I checked all the prices and found there are 77 cabins available. SO DH and I decided to wait a little longer and maybe a "better price and sale" will come along. I guess I will be checking and hoping a bargain will appear. As you probably can see we really are not particular where the cabin is located.

How do you determine how many cabins are available?

There is no way to accurately count available cabins.

Princess holds cabins that you can't see.

Travel agents hold cabins that you can't see.

77 may be showing now and you may look an hour later and the cruise will show sold out.

Princess cruises consistently sell out!!!

Do NOT wait. If you want to sail on a particular cruise it's best to book it right away.

Many have learned this the hard way including myself. :(

I would always go ahead and book after I decided on which cruise and when. You can re-fare to get price drops and sale benefits if the sale isn't for new bookings only. I like to nail down a cabin that I like.

It's the non-refundable deposit that is a concern. Yes, one can "usually" re-fare with no issue but a non-refundable deposit is always a concern.

It's the non-refundable deposit that is a concern. Yes, one can "usually" re-fare with no issue but a non-refundable deposit is always a concern.

Correct about the deposit issue!!! However, today the price went down another $100. So very tempting!!! Question if I do book and see a sale that is better, how do I get the better deal?(hope I dont sound difficult) just never did rebook,

Thank you.

I look at the issue of when to book this way-------

1. No matter what the date is, assume it is the last possible day a cruise can be booked.

2. Is the price one you are willing to pay?

3. If it is, book it and get a cabin you are happy with.

4. From then on keep checking for reduced fares or promotions that make re-booking worthwhile.

I booked a RWB sale cruise under the one day $1 deposit promo. I was actually waiting for the RWB sale to end so that I could book it even if the price went up. I wasn't about to lose $200 if I had to cancel ,but I was willing to risk $2. I hate these non refundable deposit sales. It has really forced me to look at and book on other cruise lines. At one time Princess was my first choice. Now I look at Celebrity and Royal Caribbean first. If I hadn't come across the thread that someone started about the one day $1 deposit I would have booked the same itinerary on Celebrity. I find that Princess has inflated their prices only to drop them for a non refundable deposit sale or deep discounts closer to final payment.

Even during a sale that has a non-refundable deposit, you can always ask for the rate where the deposit is refundable. You may/will pay more but it may be worth it if there is a chance that you may have to cancel or refare later down the road. At least when you book it, you know you have the option to cancel and rebook elsewhere if a better fare becomes available ... plus, you stand a better chance of getting the cabin of your choice. If you are happy enough with the price, I would book with a refundable fare and keep and eye out for any price drops that happen prior to final payment dates.

Even during a sale that has a non-refundable deposit, you can always ask for the rate where the deposit is refundable. You may/will pay more but it may be worth it if there is a chance that you may have to cancel or refare later down the road. At least when you book it, you know you have the option to cancel and rebook elsewhere if a better fare becomes available ... plus, you stand a better chance of getting the cabin of your choice. If you are happy enough with the price, I would book with a refundable fare and keep and eye out for any price drops that happen prior to final payment dates.

Thanks I didn't know that. I will have to remember that for next time.

I hope all of you dont find me annoying:D I just want to say that when I sign in to Princess the cruise that I am looking for does not have the Red, White and blue sale on it. The price is $100 cheaper than the sale price. However, if I dont sign in the Red, White and blue sale is on the cruise info with the higher price!!

I chatted on line yesterday and the rep. told me that it is under the Red, White and blue sale. Wonder why its not listed when I sign in?? She couldnt answer that question!!