Allure of the Seas - Ports of Call changes

I know I should be grateful to just be going on a vacation but has anyone had luck changing to another ship after the final payment deadline(I am even willing to pay the current difference)?

thanks for any help!

A couple years ago I was able to switch from Oasis to Allure (sailing the next day), after final payment and without the cancellation penalty. I called the C&A Diamond Plus Desk and explained how disappointed I was with the changes they made to Oasis after the dry dock, specifically removal of the VCL and wished to switch to the Allure sailing the next day. I had the Allure cabins already chosen to make it as easy as possible. After explaining my situation in a nice but sounding disappointed way, and giving her the cabin #'s, she put me on for about 10-minutes and when she came back on, I was switched to Allure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not bothered about the change, in fact I actually wanted to visit Puerto Rico so I'm happy.

I booked through a travel agent and haven't received any correspondence so do you know whether it's usually the travel gent or RCC who contacts clients please?

Also I like planning my excursions so how can I see what's available in Puerto Rico as it's still showing the old locations excursions?

Thanks.

Our Dec 18 sailing has completely changed; from Labadee/Falmouth,Jamaica/Cozumel to Nassau/San Juan/Charlotte Amalie and the Nassau stop is only for 4hrs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are changed from a western to eastern Caribbean itinerary? That seems pretty drastic. That is not my idea of a slight adjustment.

I'm not bothered about the change, in fact I actually wanted to visit Puerto Rico so I'm happy.

I booked through a travel agent and haven't received any correspondence so do you know whether it's usually the travel gent or RCC who contacts clients please?

Also I like planning my excursions so how can I see what's available in Puerto Rico as it's still showing the old locations excursions?

Thanks.

We were notified by our travel agent. You might contact them and/or RCCL.

Can you please tell me what the changes are? We still haven't received an email. Thanks!

Received the letter re October 15 sailing. St. Thomas is replaced with San Juan (12:00-8:00 pm). Nassau will now depart st 1:00pm.

Received the letter re October 15 sailing. St. Thomas is replaced with San Juan (12:00-8:00 pm). Nassau will now depart st 1:00pm.

Thanks! I've still not received notification, but can see the change online. Hey ho, it's still a vacation!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why did the have to change from St Thomas to San Juan? They have to sail right past St Thomas to get to St Martin. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Hey RCCL if your listening or in this case reading this doesn't make me a bit happy!!!!

Agree 100%, not impressed with the offerings for San Juan, been there done that on the forts. Royal still has St. Thomas stuff loaded for Day 4 San Juan. Usually do private but don't see many great options

Incase anyone is not happy with the Itinerary changes(hopefully there are no more) I just tried calling to switch to harmony and my travel agent advised me they would not let me switch even with paying the difference. I even called myself and they just referred me back to my travel agent. Just incase anyone was trying to do the same.

The folks that don't like this change should be prepared to protest on board - bring your signs, that read "OBC for diversion" and walk around the ship with that. Disrupt the shows, walk around the MDR, walk back and forth in front of GS.That'll get their attention.

The folks that don't like this change should be prepared to protest on board - bring your signs, that read "OBC for diversion" and walk around the ship with that. Disrupt the shows, walk around the MDR, walk back and forth in front of GS.That'll get their attention.
I plan to contact my Congressional Representative as soon as he gets back from his vacation. There should to be a hearing; we need to get to the bottom of this. THE PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW THE TRUTH!!!

;p

I've been reading the comments on the port changes for Allure, and I really can't believe how upset people get. The cruise contract states that the itinerary can be changed at any time. People...we are going to be on a fantastic ship for 7 days.....not at work.....it's a VACATION...enjoy it!!

So just because something is in the cruise contract that should somehow negate a person's disappointment? I will tell you what often causes people to get upset with things in general and that is lack of communication. RCI should explicitly state what is wrong with the ship, when they plan to have it fixed, and the reason for some of the port changes that don't make a lot of sense. This isn't complicated. A company that deals with millions of customers a year should be able to figure out people management skills.

I didn't say anything about not being disappointed...but it certainly doesn't need to cause so much anger!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Just for the record, if you're talking about my post - it was a joke. Looks like the mobile app doesn't show the sticking out tongue razz face I added after the post. I'm not really calling my Congressman.

Just for the record, if you're talking about my post - it was a joke. Looks like the mobile app doesn't show the sticking out tongue razz face I added after the post. I'm not really calling my Congressman.

You're not?:(;)

You left out blocking the scooters right of way, hold elevators hostage.

You left out blocking the scooters right of way, hold elevators hostage.

I believe the government should take over the cruise industry so to make it FAIR for everyone!!

You would then get a notice of your itinerary change 3 weeks AFTER your sailing.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk