Allure of the Seas - Ports of Call changes

Not sure if anyone knew the conspiracy but the anagram of "Allure of the Seas" is "Atlases Here Foul"...

Who wants to start a pool on hurricane redirects on any of these cruises that redirected one port?

I'm on the September 3 Allure and I bet we'll lose San Juan because of bad weather and get a free sea day.

Not sure if anyone knew the conspiracy but the anagram of "Allure of the Seas" is "Atlases Here Foul"...

Who wants to start a pool on hurricane redirects on any of these cruises that redirected one port?

I'm on the September 3 Allure and I bet we'll lose San Juan because of bad weather and get a free sea day.

Uhm... let's not start a pool.... I'm on that same cruise and I'm ok Not dealing with weather on top of a broken prop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As one of many who yesterday found out that their Allure of the Seas ship was being diverted from St Thomas to Puerto Rico, you can imagine my disappointment. While itinerary changes are very common (and usually welcome) due to weather, this recent change unfortunately is not the case.

The current issue that is causing the cruise to change itinerary is mechanical related. Upon discussion with RCCL, the ship is no longer able to reach the speeds necessary to complete the trip in the allotted time. Upon further investigation the ship is also now scheduled to be dry-docked in January to repair these major issues.

As I worked my way through their customer service channels, to find out what my options were, I was met with confused reps who were not aware of the changes. Even worse, were the reps who are poorly trained. When you ask to speak to a supervisor you are told that they do not have to transfer you to anyone and that their word is final, and anyone else I spoke to will say the same thing. That is clearly not good customer service.

I finally reached out to the executive customer service team and was able to get a hold of Keith Oliver. His office number is 800-256-6649 ext 11702. His email is Koliver@rccl.com. He is a very helpful gentleman but his hands are tied on what he is able to do...which is nothing. He acknowledged the current mechanical issues, and he was the one who informed me of the unscheduled dry dock in January to fix the mechanical issues.

After a long winded explanation about the "fine print" on the agreement. I asked him how long the company knew about the issue, and did they purposely wait until the largest amount of customers would be locked into their deposit before telling us. His silence was very telling. In my opinion this is surely fraud as they misrepresented the ships itinerary, knowing in advance that they would not be able to produce a trip accordingly.

They have made the decision to not offer any compensation to any customers for the remainder of the year for these cruises. So what is our remedy to be made whole after being lied to? We only have one, and quite honestly it is the worst possible remedy any good person would want to partake in, but we are left with no choice.

Over the last 24 hours I have made contact with over 40 other couples customer scheduled for Allure of the seas cruises though the end of the year. Our goal of being made whole due to their fraud, is very limited. And it effect's the people we care about most on the trip. We are going to withhold all gratuity for the ship. I understand this is not popular. These people work very hard for very little. However, If enough people withhold their entire gratuity for this cruise, RCCL will be forced to cover the difference in order to keep up morale. A company like this will never learn unless you go after their money.

Under no circumstance should a company be allowed to fraudulent mislead consumers and withhold material information that would alter a potential customers plans. Our only remedy is the money they have not taken from us. Gratuity.

Instead of gratuities, the group of over 40 couples will be leaving an envelope thanking their staff for the outstanding service, but our ability to leave a tip was taken away by the dishonesty of RCCL. We are also planning on enclosing Keith's name, email, and phone number for them to follow up with.

And before all the responses come about being cheap, please understand on average I tip 3-4 times the 'prepaid' gratuity price. I just have a real problem with being lied to. While I' sure we will still enjoy our vacation, please join us in sending a message to RCCL the fraud Is not okay and there are repercussions when you mislead to your customers.

You're going to penalize your stateroom attendant and waiters (which in no way hurts the cruise line) because of something the cruise line did? Wow. Do you honestly think "If enough people withhold their entire gratuity for this cruise, RCCL will be forced to cover the difference in order to keep up morale"? You must be kidding, right?

Oh and by the way, it's most certainly not fraud:

6. CANCELLATION, DEVIATION OR SUBSTITUTION BY CARRIER:

a. Carrier may for any reason at any time and without prior notice, cancel,

advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing, port of call, destination,

lodging or any activity on or oQ the Vessel, or substitute another vessel or port

of call, destination, lodging or activity. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below,

Carrier shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever by Passenger, including but

not limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such

Edited by time4u2go

As one of many who yesterday found out that their Allure of the Seas ship was being diverted from St Thomas to Puerto Rico, you can imagine my disappointment. ...

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You're going to penalize your stateroom attendant and waiters (which in no way hurts the cruise line) because of something the cruise line did? Wow.

Oh and by the way, it's most certainly not fraud:

6. CANCELLATION, DEVIATION OR SUBSTITUTION BY CARRIER:

a. Carrier may for any reason at any time and without prior notice, cancel,

advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing, port of call, destination,

lodging or any activity on or oQ the Vessel, or substitute another vessel or port

of call, destination, lodging or activity. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below,

Carrier shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever by Passenger, including but

not limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such

It is fraud when you misrepresent the condition of the ship and itinerary when you know that you will not be able to provide the service. Also, I offered to keep the gratuities in exchange for the company refunding the equivalent $200 off the room price. Them telling me to remove the gratuity instead should tell you a lot about the company.

It is fraud when you misrepresent the condition of the ship and itinerary when you know that you will not be able to provide the service. Also, I offered to keep the gratuities in exchange for the company refunding the equivalent $200 off the room price. Them telling me to remove the gratuity instead should tell you a lot about the company.

How did they misrepresent the condition of the ship? I don't ever even remember seeing anything advertised or stated about the condition of any cruise ship I've been on. Have you seen differently?

As far as the itinerary, read that disclaimer in the contract again. It's the one you agreed to when you bought your ticket, remember?

As one of many who yesterday found out that their Allure of the Seas ship was being diverted from St Thomas to Puerto Rico, you can imagine my disappointment. While itinerary changes are very common (and usually welcome) due to weather, this recent change unfortunately is not the case.

The current issue that is causing the cruise to change itinerary is mechanical related. Upon discussion with RCCL, the ship is no longer able to reach the speeds necessary to complete the trip in the allotted time. Upon further investigation the ship is also now scheduled to be dry-docked in January to repair these major issues.

As I worked my way through their customer service channels, to find out what my options were, I was met with confused reps who were not aware of the changes. Even worse, were the reps who are poorly trained. When you ask to speak to a supervisor you are told that they do not have to transfer you to anyone and that their word is final, and anyone else I spoke to will say the same thing. That is clearly not good customer service.

I finally reached out to the executive customer service team and was able to get a hold of Keith Oliver. His office number is 800-256-6649 ext 11702. His email is Koliver@rccl.com. He is a very helpful gentleman but his hands are tied on what he is able to do...which is nothing. He acknowledged the current mechanical issues, and he was the one who informed me of the unscheduled dry dock in January to fix the mechanical issues.

After a long winded explanation about the "fine print" on the agreement. I asked him how long the company knew about the issue, and did they purposely wait until the largest amount of customers would be locked into their deposit before telling us. His silence was very telling. In my opinion this is surely fraud as they misrepresented the ships itinerary, knowing in advance that they would not be able to produce a trip accordingly.

They have made the decision to not offer any compensation to any customers for the remainder of the year for these cruises. So what is our remedy to be made whole after being lied to? We only have one, and quite honestly it is the worst possible remedy any good person would want to partake in, but we are left with no choice.

Over the last 24 hours I have made contact with over 40 other couples customer scheduled for Allure of the seas cruises though the end of the year. Our goal of being made whole due to their fraud, is very limited. And it effect's the people we care about most on the trip. We are going to withhold all gratuity for the ship. I understand this is not popular. These people work very hard for very little. However, If enough people withhold their entire gratuity for this cruise, RCCL will be forced to cover the difference in order to keep up morale. A company like this will never learn unless you go after their money.

Under no circumstance should a company be allowed to fraudulent mislead consumers and withhold material information that would alter a potential customers plans. Our only remedy is the money they have not taken from us. Gratuity.

Instead of gratuities, the group of over 40 couples will be leaving an envelope thanking their staff for the outstanding service, but our ability to leave a tip was taken away by the dishonesty of RCCL. We are also planning on enclosing Keith's name, email, and phone number for them to follow up with.

And before all the responses come about being cheap, please understand on average I tip 3-4 times the 'prepaid' gratuity price. I just have a real problem with being lied to. While I' sure we will still enjoy our vacation, please join us in sending a message to RCCL the fraud Is not okay and there are repercussions when you mislead to your customers.

After all that investigative work, you should file a class action suit instead of sticking to ship employees. I think you have a case.

I'm not a lawyer but I did stay at a holiday inn express.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are we supposed to tip on top of the pre paid gratuities? I'm honestly asking this is my first cruise so I'm not sure how that all works...

Not required, but if you feel the service level deserves more, it's up to you to add if you like.

Are we supposed to tip on top of the pre paid gratuities? I'm honestly asking this is my first cruise so I'm not sure how that all works...

That's really up to you. Our strategy is, if someone goes over and above with their service, we tip them more than the prepaid gratuities. Otherwise, we don't.

How did they misrepresent the condition of the ship? I don't ever even remember seeing anything advertised or stated about the condition of any cruise ship I've been on. Have you seen differently?

As far as the itinerary, read that disclaimer in the contract again. It's the one you agreed to when you bought your ticket, remember?

Hey Time

We all received a letter saying the ship was no longer able to cruise at speed so would no longer be able to make the trip. A quick call to the coast guard and to the Bahamian navy tells you that there are no speed restrictions during that time so the issue is with the boat. Rccl executive customer service admitted there is a mechanical issue which is why it's making an unscheduled dry dock to fix the issues in January. What they won't tell you is how long (my guess is 4-5 months based on reviews regarding technical issues on the ship). They have known for some time that they would not be able to make this trip but continued to advertise it. The most customers for this ship for the year fall under the three month time now that we can no get refunds. So they waitied until the cancel date passed before announcing the change. If they told you the ship was not able to make the trip and would alter the itinerary, would you have booked?

Hey Time

We all received a letter saying the ship was no longer able to cruise at speed so would no longer be able to make the trip. A quick call to the coast guard and to the Bahamian navy tells you that there are no speed restrictions during that time so the issue is with the boat. Rccl executive customer service admitted there is a mechanical issue which is why it's making an unscheduled dry dock to fix the issues in January. What they won't tell you is how long (my guess is 4-5 months based on reviews regarding technical issues on the ship). They have known for some time that they would not be able to make this trip but continued to advertise it. The most customers for this ship for the year fall under the three month time now that we can no get refunds. So they waitied until the cancel date passed before announcing the change. If they told you the ship was not able to make the trip and would alter the itinerary, would you have booked?

It's my understanding that the first changes and messages about Allure having propulsion issues was three weeks ago not 4-5 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You have got to be kidding me! Do not even try to justify your post by saying "on average I tip 3-4 times the 'prepaid' gratuity price.

First let me start by asking...What did the crew do to not deserve a gratuity? Because of one person on the phone, you pass judgment to the whole company? What about the one week the crew misses out on their pay because of an issue they had no control over? Should they withhold service to guests while you are cruising to make up for it? I bet you would be the first to complain if that happened!

But wait, because you are afforded the luxury to take a vacation that costs thousands of dollars, you decide the way to get back at a billion dollar company is to screw over the people that work the hardest to make our experience worth it? Do us all a favor and just stay home. It's apparent that will make everyone's cruise a lot more enjoyable.

Edited by Jimmym1981

Hey Time

You called the coast guard?

Hey Time

No I would not have if I had known that before I booked. But when I do book, I do so knowing that the itinerary could change at any point, and that it is within their right to change it, which seems to be something that you cannot understand or refuse to accept.

Hey Time

We all received a letter saying the ship was no longer able to cruise at speed so would no longer be able to make the trip.

No, what they said is you won't make the original scheduled itinerary

A quick call to the coast guard and to the Bahamian navy tells you that there are no speed restrictions during that time so the issue is with the boat.

What does either of them have to do with anything? There is no speed restriction in international waters from any coast guard; it was clearly described as a limitation of the ship. This is grasping at straws with the made up phone calls.

. Rccl executive customer service admitted there is a mechanical issue which is why it's making an unscheduled dry dock to fix the issues in January.

Didn't take long for the contradiction.

What they won't tell you is how long (my guess is 4-5 months based on reviews regarding technical issues on the ship). They have known for some time that they would not be able to make this trip but continued to advertise it.

Please show me a 4-5 month old review citing technical trouble.

And even a known problem still requires lead time to repair. Parts are not stocked on shelves and must be manufactured.

A window of time must be found at the shipyard, and special accommodations made to fit the Allure.

The most customers for this ship for the year fall under the three month time now that we can no get refunds.

Holiday weeks are busy, but mid September, October, and the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas are notoriously slow times with a glut of capacity in the Caribbean. Do you have data to back up your statement?

So they waitied until the cancel date passed before announcing the change. If they told you the ship was not able to make the trip and would alter the itinerary, would you have booked?

Whose cancel date? What makes more sense here; they waited to make an announcement until they identified the problem, identified the fix, got a lead time on sourcing replacement parts, secured berthing at drydock, made sure ship safe to operate a modified itinerary, and minimize impact to holiday cruisers, or are you saying it makes more sense that they decided to screw you??

Whose cancel date? What makes more sense here; they waited to make an announcement until they identified the problem, identified the fix, got a lead time on sourcing replacement parts, secured berthing at drydock, made sure ship safe to operate a modified itinerary, and minimize impact to holiday cruisers, or are you saying it makes more sense that they decided to screw you??

100% agree!