Allure of the Seas - Ports of Call changes

According to Royal Caribbean it has definitely changed. Why no one has said anything to us yet, I don't know! But St. Thomas has moved to the 7th and we'll be in Puerto Rico on the 6th. I booked private excursions and I guess I'm going to need to start changing things around!

Mom and I are on the Allure for a Oct. sailing. They took St Thomas (whole reason I booked this cruise) off the list yesterday :( Called and was told that from Sept to sometime in Jan. The ship had a Speed Restriction on it. That is the reason they changed ports. Ship could not get to St Thomas in time. Very very disappointed in my trip now but nothing I can do.

No, what they said is you won't make the original scheduled itinerary

What does either of them have to do with anything? There is no speed restriction in international waters from any coast guard; it was clearly described as a limitation of the ship. This is grasping at straws with the made up phone calls.

Didn't take long for the contradiction.

Please show me a 4-5 month old review citing technical trouble.

And even a known problem still requires lead time to repair. Parts are not stocked on shelves and must be manufactured.

A window of time must be found at the shipyard, and special accommodations made to fit the Allure.

Holiday weeks are busy, but mid September, October, and the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas are notoriously slow times with a glut of capacity in the Caribbean. Do you have data to back up your statement?

Whose cancel date? What makes more sense here; they waited to make an announcement until they identified the problem, identified the fix, got a lead time on sourcing replacement parts, secured berthing at drydock, made sure ship safe to operate a modified itinerary, and minimize impact to holiday cruisers, or are you saying it makes more sense that they decided to screw you??

Sorry, don't mean to hijack, but please explain how you multi quote like this.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Time

We all received a letter saying the ship was no longer able to cruise at speed so would no longer be able to make the trip. A quick call to the coast guard and to the Bahamian navy tells you that there are no speed restrictions during that time so the issue is with the boat. Rccl executive customer service admitted there is a mechanical issue which is why it's making an unscheduled dry dock to fix the issues in January. What they won't tell you is how long (my guess is 4-5 months based on reviews regarding technical issues on the ship). They have known for some time that they would not be able to make this trip but continued to advertise it. The most customers for this ship for the year fall under the three month time now that we can no get refunds. So they waitied until the cancel date passed before announcing the change. If they told you the ship was not able to make the trip and would alter the itinerary, would you have booked?

Are you indicating they are dry docking the Allure in January and will need 4-5 months to resolve this technical issue??? I have 5 cabins booked for next Spring and 4 are adjoining since we have children in our party.......now might be a good time for a plan B......like a land based vacation

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Went to St. Kitts on the RCCL Adventure of the Seas. We took a tour to the beach. Not much in the port but your normal jewelry touristy shops.

San Juan is worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

St. Kits is actually a very nice island to explore. You just have to get out of the port area.

St. Kits is actually a very nice island to explore. You just have to get out of the port area.

100% agree. We've taken the ride to Cockleshell Beach a few times. Gorgeous scenery, at one point you can see the Caribbean and Atlantic at the same time, and a view of Nevis in the distance from the beach.

You have got to be kidding me! Do not even try to justify your post by saying "on average I tip 3-4 times the 'prepaid' gratuity price.

First let me start by asking...What did the crew do to not deserve a gratuity? Because of one person on the phone, you pass judgment to the whole company? What about the one week the crew misses out on their pay because of an issue they had no control over? Should they withhold service to guests while you are cruising to make up for it? I bet you would be the first to complain if that happened!

But wait, because you are afforded the luxury to take a vacation that costs thousands of dollars, you decide the way to get back at a billion dollar company is to screw over the people that work the hardest to make our experience worth it? Do us all a favor and just stay home. It's apparent that will make everyone's cruise a lot more enjoyable.

I'm not really seeing much logic in that statement. What does the ship being out of service and what happens with the crew that week have anything to do with any of us?

No I would not have if I had known that before I booked. But when I do book, I do so knowing that the itinerary could change at any point, and that it is within their right to change it, which seems to be something that you cannot understand or refuse to accept.

However, if RCI knew the itinerary was going to change before you booked might it have been good customer service to let you know before you pulled the trigger?

Sorry, don't mean to hijack, but please explain how you multi quote like this.

Just to the right of the "Quote" link, there's a "+" link, click on that on all the posts you want to quote and then click on the Quote link on the last post.

Are you indicating they are dry docking the Allure in January and will need 4-5 months to resolve this technical issue??? I have 5 cabins booked for next Spring and 4 are adjoining since we have children in our party.......now might be a good time for a plan B......like a land based vacation

Nothing like misinformation to start a panic. The ship will be in dry dock for one week and will resume the regular schedule afterwards. You'll be fine in the spring, well, unless something goes drastically wrong with the dry dock.

I sympathise with the many that have expressed disappointment but personally I am relieved that the ship will still be sailing and we will have our 7 day cruise.

I booked my cruise mainly for the experience on the ship so as long as that is no affected, I am looking forward to having a great time.

100% agree. We've taken the ride to Cockleshell Beach a few times. Gorgeous scenery, at one point you can see the Caribbean and Atlantic at the same time, and a view of Nevis in the distance from the beach.
Agree....

St Kitts is our favorite island in the Caribbean. You got to leave that port area.......which is true of most islands.

There is life beyond Margaritaville and Sr Frogs!!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

They would normally switch it to the new day, but I would call to be sure. If there are two ships at Labadee that day, they may have to make changes.

Bob could u please tell me why my post on Allure Sep 17 sailing a change in ports was moved.? Did I do something wrong?

Bob could u please tell me why my post on Allure Sep 17 sailing a change in ports was moved.? Did I do something wrong?

Nothing wrong, just keeping all the Allure schedule change posts in one thread.