Do you bring any food/snacks?

Jenn410

We always take a couple tubes of RITZ Crackers. They just don't have good crackers for our cheese & fruit plates, also like the Tuna at the deli with them.

You would not believe the people that ask OH where did you get those. I have a hard time not sharing :)

Char

No. Familiar with the phrase "like bringing coal to Newcastle"?

There is an insane variety of foods available on board and I cannot think of any item that I would miss if I went a week or so without it.

The amount and variety of foods isn't the problem. For some, it's familiarity of rituals. I bring things like Cheetos to munch on once back in the cabin at night.

We also don't bring any food.

I can understand bringing ginger or if you have small kiddos maybe bringing their favorite snack but with all the food on board we wouldn't bring any more "junk" items to add to our already empty calories!

The new Red Frog Pub does have some munchies if that is on the ship you are on.

why bring sand to the beach??? ;)

Because this way we will have food the next time we're stuck inside the terminal for hours while they search for the couple who went overboard on the previous cruise.

My hubby brings his protein drinks for morning workout. We have brought a few Atkins snacks in the past as well as diet cokes. Sometimes we just want something small to snack on while in our cabin reading the fun times.

We will be bringing Soda and pb and crackers. We are bringing the pb and crackers for port. We may want a snack on the horse trail ride or something and not want to take time to try and find something. Of course we will eat a meal in port but we like to snake between meals at times too.

If we are driving to the port I find we do tend to throw a few things in the bag to munch. But more of a "we picked up along the way" items rather than planned out. I guess we also do it when we fly. No way am I going to let that $3 bag of airport chips go to waste.

I am not meaning to flame anyone but last sailing out of Galveston I thought the couple walking in behind me was confused about their location. It looked more like they were going camping. I didn't stick around to find out how things turned out but they even had folding chair with them. The last thing I heard was "excuse me but you can not bring that into the building. Not sure if it was the chairs or the ice chest.

I always pack snacks/treats when I travel, including cruise. As a T1 diabetic, I must always be prepared for a hypoglycemic episode. It is less than convenient to attempt to get to a food location on a ship when it happens.