Do you bring any food/snacks?

Jenn410

I snack at home because I'm too lazy to actually prepare or cook something decent. That is why I like cruising. I can eat real food instead of toy food without any nutritional value. I have been known to leave the dining room after breakfast with a covered plate, or making a trip to the buffet for fresh fruit. I love the room service vegies with dip or fruit plates or just the innards of a sandwich without the bread.

And as far as ports...its fun to try the "local" snacks and broaden my limited culinary horizons.

Because this way we will have food the next time we're stuck inside the terminal for hours while they search for the couple who went overboard on the previous cruise.

And antsy kids:D You cannot explain delay to a kid thinking he'll die of hunger.

We don't bring snacks. But we do like to buy the local snacks at ports. My husband loves chips and if he finds a flavor he hasn't had, especially one he can't get in the US he has to have it. So we always have to go into those convenience shops and look at chips.

We discovered Hot Takis long before they were readily available in the US

For the life of me, I can't see any reason to bring food onto a cruise ship... That's like bring a cooler full of ice to Antarctica...

This is the first cruise that we will be bringing prepackaged items. My other half has been diagnosed with Celiac disease and these will be for ports where it may be challenging for him to find something safe that he can eat.

Though many make comments about more than enough food on the cruise ship, I find them lacking in healthy snacks, and some of us do care about that. Sometimes I bring some trail mix or nuts to snack on. Some would rather have a plate of Choc. Chip cookies. To each their own.

Cheetos, Mini Kit Kats, Pringles, Peanut butter crackers, Sour Patch Kids, Starburst.

The one or two nights we return really late to our stateroom inebriated, we're always grateful we've stashed these to stave off the ridiculously priced snacks in the room. Plus, nobody wants to wait on room service at 3am.

We usually bring some Pringles, twizzlers, skittles and pretzels. Sometimes I just want something salty or sweet. We aren't adventurous eaters and very budget conscious so we tend to eat breakfast in the morning and take a couple snacks for on shore and then eat dinner once back on board

With the food being one of the best parts of the cruise I was wondering if you routinely bring any food or snacks with you on board because they are not offered on the ship?

Yes. Peanut butter M&M's. M&M's and cruising. A perfect match.:D

We brought protein bars to take with us on our shore excursions. We are food chickens and were not very trusting of the local food in ports. We were also so busy having fun on one of our excursions that we didn't want to stop for lunch so we ate the protein bars.

Since it was our first cruise and I still had the horror story of the Triumph fire (poop cruise) fresh in my memory, I figured it wouldn't hurt to bring some food items on board in the event of some emergency. But that is because I was traveling with my daughter who tends to get wobbly with low blood sugar and my mother who is also hypoglycemic.

I can see bringing a particular item if it is really important to you and sure to be unavailable on board; but part of travelling is to experience things different from the everyday, at home snacks.

So, aside from my Lapsang Souchong tea bags, I am more than happy to live on what the ship has to offer,

We bring food off the ship so we don't have to waste time in port eating. Of course this is double edged because in foreign countries you want to try the local good. But if you have 8 hours in a port, do you really want to spend 30% of the time eating and traveling to and from the ship?

We bring crisps/chocolates/sweets from the country we embark at as we love snacky stuff thats not British.

I love chocolate that's not American :) Any time I'm in Canada or anywhere in Europe, I buy random chocolate bars to bring back onboard with me. The formula is different than even the same brands in the U.S., tastes so much better.