Elite Lounge Again

Goldie Foghorn

We enjoy a drink and a snack in the Elite lounge about 5/6pm but next time we will be with a couple who are first time cruisers,will they be able to join us ?

No. If your cards are checked (and if you buy drinks they will be), the non-Platinum cruiser will be excluded.

That being said, we have gone to the Elite/Platinum lounge many times and never had anyone look at our cards (we don't drink, just go for the snacks).

Depending on the lounge Princess could have only one section roped off for the affair. If so you can always have your friends sit in the other section and you can get your items then join them. We have also found that Princess does not always check cards.

We have several times taken our friends in as a "guest" for a drink during the Platinum/Elite daily event in (mostly) Skywalkers, never be a problem as long as we are buying the drinks. We always cleared it first with either the servers or the bartender.

Theo

Really, it is not an elite lounge. It is a section where you can buy a specific drink of the evening for $5.

Well, it has a name, the Platinum, Elite and Suite lounge, so it is more than "a section where you can buy a ... drink." I have seen them checking cards at the entrance more than once. I think it depends on how vigilant the bar staff is on any given ship.

I've been on several cruises where it was so crowded that people either had to stand or wait until someone leaves before being able to sit. Literally no empty seats, even at the bar.

Whenever I've cruised with friends who aren't Platinum/Elite/full suite, I've gone to a different bar. The appetizers aren't that good plus it ends way too early for late Traditional.

IMHO, the only reason to bring a non-qualified guest to the Platinum/Elite/full suite lounge is to offer a perk to someone who hasn't earned it. If it was really about having a drink together, you'd go to another lounge.

We always try to promote Princess cruises and the benefits that come with it. So we think there is nothing wrong to give our guests/friends a little taste of things to come when they do make it to the next level.

I agree it is not much of a deal to have the $ 5.00 drink but as others mentioned the snacks are a nice touch.

On our last B2B2B cruise there were a lot of Platinum/Elite on the Trans Atlantic and they moved the venue to Club Fusion because Skywalkers was too small but on the NY to Quebec leg we were sometimes the only ones in Skywalkers.

Theo

We always try to promote Princess cruises and the benefits that come with it. So we think there is nothing wrong to give our guests/friends a little taste of things to come when they do make it to the next level.

I agree it is not much of a deal to have the $ 5.00 drink but as others mentioned the snacks are a nice touch.

On our last B2B2B cruise there were a lot of Platinum/Elite on the Trans Atlantic and they moved the venue to Club Fusion because Skywalkers was too small but on the NY to Quebec leg we were sometimes the only ones in Skywalkers.

Theo

Yes, we earned our Elite status. However, I do agree with you that others could share in the $5 drink and apps. This is really not that much of a perk for anyone. I have been on cruises where there were very few people in this event. In fact, I even asked if this was being done that night. Give us 3 drinks free per evening or reduce the price of drinks back to $2 or 3 and allow a couple of choices during the cruise instead of 1 selection per night.

We enjoy a drink and a snack in the Elite lounge about 5/6pm but next time we will be with a couple who are first time cruisers,will they be able to join us ?

You will be fine. You are talking about bringing two persons, not twenty, to join you. I was elite when my husband took his first cruise. Believe me, no one was going to tell me that my own husband couldn't join me for a drink. On many other occasions, I have invited one or two people to have a drink and a snack with me and it's not a problem. If the servers run low on food, they get on the phone, call the down to the kitchen, and they send more food up. Yes, sometimes they do check your cruise card, but if the other couple is with you, then it's not a problem. They can even use their own cards to buy their drinks. Again, this is not a problem.

If you go to the Wheelhouse Bar between 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm, there's normally a "2 for 1" happy hour. IMHO, the drinks are better and the "ambiance" may be more to your liking. ;)

Really, it is not an elite lounge. It is a section where you can buy a specific drink of the evening for $5.

IF (and only if) you are Platinum or Elite.

For the ones with the first time cruisers: buy their drinks on your Platinum or Elite cruise card and you will be OK. (They can pay you back later in other venues.)

IF (and only if) you are Platinum or Elite.

For the ones with the first time cruisers: buy their drinks on your Platinum or Elite cruise card and you will be OK. (They can pay you back later in other venues.)

So what is the big perk? Regardless if you are Platinum or Elite. they are not offering you much. LOL

Yes... and the wheel of Stilton!

So what is the big perk? Regardless if you are Platinum or Elite. they are not offering you much. LOL

I think it must be the cheese. :) (It certainly sounds good to me...)

Whoa! Differing opinions again! Could it be that some people like one thing and some people like something else? I know that concept is so hard for some people to understand. There are some PES passengers who DO think the lounge is a perk. If you choose to think otherwise, go right ahead, but why insist everyone agree with you?

Whoa! Differing opinions again! Could it be that some people like one thing and some people like something else? I know that concept is so hard for some people to understand. There are some PES passengers who DO think the lounge is a perk. If you choose to think otherwise, go right ahead, but why insist everyone agree with you?

Excuse me! I am not insisting that everyone agree with me. Like you said 'Differing opinions again!'

This is not a lounge, it is a section in an area set aside for PES. I suggested a lounge and ....

At the entrance to "the lounge" on the Regal, there was a sign every evening saying "private party". I imagine they would check cards to charge for the special cocktail.

So many other places to take your friends that it's really not a big event they are missing.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Maybe not, but it's the cumulative benefits that I enjoy. This is just another part of the package. I always make time to go to the lounge... nice view, nice appetizers, good drinks, relaxing time with friends... it's all good.

Edited by RickEk

Maybe not, but it's the cumulative benefits that I enjoy. This is just another part of the package. I always make time to go to the lounge... nice view, nice appetizers, good drinks, relaxing time with friends... it's all good.

Very happy to hear you enjoy it. Continue to enjoy it.