Upgrade / Upsell Notice E-mail Example

Cddub

I had been looking for an example of the upgrade e-mails to gauge timing and pricing, but could never track one down. We just received one, and to help future cruisers, I thought I'd post it here. As a note, we're booked VF guaranteed and are 18 days out. We'd be interested in an upgrade, but not at this price. This e-mail contained an introduction from our TA and then the following:

Upgrade for select bookings from your Verandah Stateroom (Category VQ to VH) to the following best available:

Neptune Suite (Category SA to SC) for an additional $799pp USD/$1039pp CAD

Signature Suite (Category SS to SZ) for an additional $499pp USD/$649pp CAD

Thanks for posting. This sounds like the standard upsell letter we have received. A good reference for everyone.

What I find to be interesting, also, is the CND exchange is a mere 30%.

Agree, it's currently 1.38 Canadian dollar on exchange rate to $1 US.

Thank you so much for posting this info. I wondered what an upsale offer looked like. This is my first Holland cruise and first balcony guarantee and I'm surprised it is taking so long to get assigned a cabin.

Earlier today I had emailed our TA as their online published price for our 2/26 balcony VF guarantee went down $200 PP person. I asked for an upgrade but was told that price was a flash price for a VH. However the TA said he would see if he could get us assigned to a cabin in a higher category. What you may find interesting is their published online suite price shown was $2100 PP higher than the balcony! So maybe you were really getting a deal! DonnaB

That's very nice of you to post that.

For once, I am not looking for an upsell or upgrade on my next cruise. I'm happy with what I have, and prefer not to move and it's only 7 days. For my last 3 cruises, I remember how much I really wanted to get an upsell to Neptune, and I got them each time. But waiting for the notification can be excrutiating.:D

Thank you so much for posting this info. I wondered what an upsale offer looked like. This is my first Holland cruise and first balcony guarantee and I'm surprised it is taking so long to get assigned a cabin.

Earlier today I had emailed our TA as their online published price for our 2/26 balcony VF guarantee went down $200 PP person. I asked for an upgrade but was told that price was a flash price for a VH. However the TA said he would see if he could get us assigned to a cabin in a higher category. What you may find interesting is their published online suite price shown was $2100 PP higher than the balcony! So maybe you were really getting a deal! DonnaB

Hal doesn't assign guarantees out as far out as some cruise lines. The average is about 10 days out. It could be as far out as 21 days out or assigned at the pier. It will appear on your luggage tags as soon as its assigned. Good luck.

A friend told me today he had booked a Caribbean cruise (not HAL). He had been looking at a specific cruise, and thought the price was too high. His TA called him today and said the price had gone down quite a bit - because of the Zika virus. I wonder if that will be contagious...:D

A friend told me today he had booked a Caribbean cruise (not HAL). He had been looking at a specific cruise, and thought the price was too high. His TA called him today and said the price had gone down quite a bit - because of the Zika virus. I wonder if that will be contagious...:D

Interesting. We got a warning emailed to us today from Hal. I have zero worries about it. People panic about everything. I can see if you have a comprised immune system.

Now my understanding is that it is females who are, or who intend to become, pregnant that are at risk. Your male friend really should take advantage of the price drop! Wish it would affect my Alaska cruise.:D:D

Zika Virus is not risk free to all but pregnant women.

I saw a report the other day about a woman who was not pregnant when bit by a Zika carrying mosquito and she was very seriously neurologically impacted. She can barely walk with use of two claw foot canes. Apparently this is after months of PT and there is not assurance she will improve more. Many do not even know they have been infected and within two weeks, it is out of their system. But that is not the case for everyone.

Edited by sail7seas

Now my understanding is that it is females who are, or who intend to become, pregnant that are at risk. Your male friend really should take advantage of the price drop! Wish it would affect my Alaska cruise.:D:D

There are also some reports that a man has passed it to his wife/girlfriend, whatever.

There are also some reports that a man has passed it to his wife/girlfriend, whatever.

As I noted earlier in the thread about the Zika virus - this is a fluid situation which evolves almost hourly, along with the new information on how it is spread. My comment above was in jest in response to VictOriann, not specifically about the spread of Zika. Too bad it had to be explained.

We got three separate emails with increasingly good offers, the final one arriving a few days before the cruise. We took the last offer. You should also know the upgrade price applies only to the 1st & 2nd people in the cabin. The 3rd or 4th remain the same price. So that is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk