Navigator 8 Night Eastern Caribbean

ratfam

Hello, we will be going on the Navigator 8 Night Eastern Caribbean on the Navigator out of Fort Lauderdale and I am trying to get information including if possible navigators. Interested in particular about typical evening entertainment schedules so that I can figure out if we will be happy sticking with the late dining time versus MTD (we prefer to see the show after dinner but from what I have read about Navigator out of Texas it doesn't sound like that will be possible for us as we also don't like to eat dinner early on vacation) and timing of formal nights. I have also heard that Navigator offers things like cooking classes and am trying to get a feel for when special opportunities like that are offered so that I can try to schedule some work commitments around those times in case the schedules stays consistent. I am having trouble finding much information since I don't think that the Navigator was sailing this route when it was based in Texas. Appreciate any help from those who may now be cruising this itinerary!

Hello, we will be going on the Navigator 8 Night Eastern Caribbean on the Navigator out of Fort Lauderdale and I am trying to get information including if possible navigators. Interested in particular about typical evening entertainment schedules so that I can figure out if we will be happy sticking with the late dining time versus MTD (we prefer to see the show after dinner but from what I have read about Navigator out of Texas it doesn't sound like that will be possible for us as we also don't like to eat dinner early on vacation) and timing of formal nights. I have also heard that Navigator offers things like cooking classes and am trying to get a feel for when special opportunities like that are offered so that I can try to schedule some work commitments around those times in case the schedules stays consistent. I am having trouble finding much information since I don't think that the Navigator was sailing this route when it was based in Texas. Appreciate any help from those who may now be cruising this itinerary!

The Navigator has JUST left Texas, heading for Florida.

No one will have Cruise Compasses for the Florida-based cruises for a little while.

• 3 weeks later...

For others who were curious, cruisers on the recent 8 night itinerary on the Navigator were kind enough to post the Compasses and a lot of other helpful information, just check out the recent Navigator threads. And thanks to all who have posted!

If you have any SPECIFIC questions right now, I am just finishing up Day 3 of our 8-nighter.

Today was Labadee and the sky was overcast, but that kept the temperature down.

Tomorrow, we hit San Juan at 2 P.M.

:)

Do they have the VOOM internet on the Navigator, and what is the cost?

Thanks. We are considering this itinerary.

Do they have the VOOM internet on the Navigator, and what is the cost?

Thanks. We are considering this itinerary.

No Voom on Navigator yet. $20 per day for one device, $30 per day for two devices.

Merion_Mom hope you're having a great time, I would love to know what you think about your time in San Juan. We are signed up for the rainforest excursion, that is what we really want to see but I am concerned that it is not going to be very good since we don't get in until so late and I am wondering whether we should be switching our plans. Can you let us know how your day goes? Appreciate your help. Would also love your guidance on St. Kitts we are currently signed up for the volcano hike but DD and DH have said no way so I need a backup. TIA!!!

If you have any SPECIFIC questions right now, I am just finishing up Day 3 of our 8-nighter.

You got on when we got off Navigator....since we just completed the 6 day cruise on her and had a wonderful time. On our cruise we had 3800 passengers and over 1000 children and the wait staff in the MDR was pushed to its max. But no one missed a show and we had wonderful dinner on the 5 nights we had dinner in the MDR, the other night we were in Izumi. Izumi was wonderful and we tried the Hot Rocks main course, this time.

We just came off of the 6 night sailing and early traditional dinner was at 6pm, which for us is fine. Had plenty of time for lovely dinner and time to make the 9pm later show, which is designed for the early dinner eating, on nights when there are 2 shows. Even on the nights (2 of them) when they had only one show, we made it w/o a problem.

DH did take the sushi cooking class which was offered at two different times on the first sea day. They also offered a pasta making class at the same time. Whether it will be different on the 8 day itinerary, IDK. DH loved it.

Paulette3028, can you please verify that there is only one formal night? I was planning on two and apparently will need to change my packing list before this weekend.

On our 6 day there was only 1 formal night but on the 8 day, you should have 2 formal nights -- but for many people formal is not as formal as it was in the past -- but it still isn't super casual.

Merion_Mom hope you're having a great time, I would love to know what you think about your time in San Juan. We are signed up for the rainforest excursion, that is what we really want to see but I am concerned that it is not going to be very good since we don't get in until so late and I am wondering whether we should be switching our plans. Can you let us know how your day goes? Appreciate your help. Would also love your guidance on St. Kitts we are currently signed up for the volcano hike but DD and DH have said no way so I need a backup. TIA!!!

All I know is that they trooped off together. They aren't back yet.

:D

We actually have ended up with extra time. We docked before 11 A.M. instead of 2 P.M. and were cleared to leave not long after.

There was a medical emergency and we flew from Labadee to San Juan last night to get the person off and into onshore medical care as soon as possible.

Doing the rainforest tour sounds like a very good idea to me. I have been here so many times that I don't do "that stuff" any more. ;)

The volcano hike is supposed to be *quite* challenging.

If you haven't been to St. Kitts before, then Thenford Grey's overall tour of the island is what I would recommend.

http://www.thenfordgreytours.com

Marion mom. I know this seems like a dumb question..but....can you let me know if the general store has candy Like Reese cups, kit Kats, etc. my husband has a sweet tooth and likes to get candy on board. The Radiance did not have any. But we we're on the Hawaii leg straight from Australia . He was like a 5 yr old pouting. For some reason he enjoys the ritual me bringing it onboard is not the same

Marion mom. I know this seems like a dumb question..but....can you let me know if the general store has candy Like Reese cups, kit Kats, etc. my husband has a sweet tooth and likes to get candy on board. The Radiance did not have any. But we we're on the Hawaii leg straight from Australia . He was like a 5 yr old pouting. For some reason he enjoys the ritual me bringing it onboard is not the same

There is always SOME candy for sale in the General Store. I will go there tomorrow and find out what the Navigator is selling.

Insider tip:

If you are on the 8 night itinerary, you stop in San Juan. There is a CVS across the street from the pier. :D

I will be taking this cruise in March! I was wondering what days the formal nights are? My birthday is during the cruise, so I'm trying to see if my birthday will be one of the formal Nights! TIA!