Two questions for upcoming QM2 cruise

Love Cruises

We haven't been on Cunard in 14 years. We will be cruising on the QM2 next month and have a couple of questions that maybe someone could help us with.

Firstly ... My husband prefers to not take his tuxedo and wear dark suits for the formal nights. What is the percentage of men wearing tuxedos onboard?

Secondly ... Are there internet packages offered for the cruise? If so, what are the prices and is there a discount if you reserve them in advance on-line before you board?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Cunard continues to be among the dressiest ships at sea these days. You still find quite a lot of men in tuxedos.

I plan on wearing mine for our cruise next month.

As to the internet, I see from your signature that you are Diamond Cunard World Club members by virtue of your 185 nights on board.

If you haven't already signed up for the Cunard World Club, you should as you will receive 8 hours complementary internet use from your Diamond status.

Jonathan

My estimate for your crossing is that about 50-60% of the gents will be in tuxes on formal nights. I go for the black suit and white shirt, which works for me.

Besides your nice free internet hours, there are packages available. I don't remember any discount for pre-purchase, such as one gets on Princess. Prices for the packages are on the Cunard web site, I believe.

Cunard has a small bonus (around 10% of the package minutes) for buying a package within the first ~36 hours after boarding. This includes the complimentary World Club internet packages so sign up at the beginning even if you might not use it until later.

... My husband prefers to not take his tuxedo and wear dark suits for the formal nights. What is the percentage of men wearing tuxedos onboard?

My own observations: in Britannia, about 50% to 70% of men wear tuxedos, but in Britannia Club and Grills it is at least 90%.

My own observations: in Britannia, about 50% to 70% of men wear tuxedos, but in Britannia Club and Grills it is at least 90%.

I'd put those figures a tad higher, especially as the OP asked regarding a Trans-Atlantic.

Certainly Queens Grill would be 95% and the 'whole' ship at least 80%.

I base my observations on the two main CTP nights and time in the Queens Grill last December.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd put those figures a tad higher, especially as the OP asked regarding a Trans-Atlantic.

I base my observations on the two main CTP nights and time in the Queens Grill last December.

Just got off the qm2 in brooklyn after ta. Agree most in tux, especially grills. Lots got dressed in costumes for roaring 20s as well. During day you see everything from shorts to slack and sweaters. It's fun to dress up.

Internet not as bad as I expected if you don't try to do too much more than email. Package offered when we boarded was 520 minutes for $170 usd...had about 60 minutes left at end of trip...

Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

One more thing. You'll receive multiple internet credits for the voyage segments. On our last crossing, we received them at the start of each crossing, but not for a 2 day segment between (no surprise there). It appears that the internet system looks at voyage numbers not the booking. So you may get three credits per person. Check with the internet person in Connexions on Deck 2.

(Note - the Cunard operators often give misinformation about this. For most CWC benefits, it's a single voyage, but the internet benefit uses a different system currently. Of course that could change)

• 3 weeks later...
One more thing. You'll receive multiple internet credits for the voyage segments. On our last crossing, we received them at the start of each crossing, but not for a 2 day segment between (no surprise there). It appears that the internet system looks at voyage numbers not the booking. So you may get three credits per person. Check with the internet person in Connexions on Deck 2.

(Note - the Cunard operators often give misinformation about this. For most CWC benefits, it's a single voyage, but the internet benefit uses a different system currently. Of course that could change)

Mark, one that voyage we had no credits as being new to Cunard, but the purchase covered all three segments of our booking.

Also to the OP the Queens Grill was about 95% Tuxes, but we also noticed that at the shows on formal nights there were about 20-25% of the people who showed up in dress less than the required for informal nights, as in no jacket or collared shirt. There were even people in t shirts visible from the balcony when we sat there.

Also in the balcony of the theater there is a harmonic vibration that is noticeable. I'm assuming it was due to the design of the balcony as we were in the first row center.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We recently travelled on QM2 for a two way Transatlantic and we estimate that 50% of men were in dark suits and ties as opposed to formal dinner suits and bow ties.....this was our first Cunard cruise and we were surprised at this...

We haven't been on Cunard in 14 years. We will be cruising on the QM2 next month and have a couple of questions that maybe someone could help us with.

Firstly ... My husband prefers to not take his tuxedo and wear dark suits for the formal nights. What is the percentage of men wearing tuxedos onboard?

Secondly ... Are there internet packages offered for the cruise? If so, what are the prices and is there a discount if you reserve them in advance on-line before you board?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Welcome back to sailing Cunard.

Coming off the QM2 yesterday, we too for personal reasons were unable to sail for the last 8 years and were concerned with how people dressed.

I personally saw about a 50/50 dress of men with tux's and dark suits on the Formal Nights. They did blend in and still set the tone of the after 6 evening.

As of our sailing, I would wait and see what is offered on board. I can not recall by word now but there were two offers related to the internet minute packages during our sailing. Price did seem lower then in the past as an incentive to the computers use. Surprising on this sailing the computers in the library and internet center were surprising extremely quiet and open for use.

If you have gained silver, gold, platinum or diamond from the past... you will have a CWC allowance of time already in your gained level. Check on this.

If you have gained silver, gold, platinum or diamond from the past... you will have a CWC allowance of time already in your gained level. Check on this.
Not Silver. Gold or higher (but Gold only requires two previous voyages).

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is CTP?

Thanks,

Siobhan

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

I intend to be part of the 5-50% who wear black suits and ties, in part because it means my wife doesn't have to dress to match a tuxedo.

Looking back at photos, a black cocktail dress and tuxedo made for a simple but elegant, classic arrangement of two people I can barely recognize in our daily lives.