Unsigned coffee cards

bconley351

Your example is exactly why I wouldn't buy the card on eBay. Who needs that kind of stress on vacation for just $10 in savings? I'd be afraid that they would question the card and then look at my onboard account and see that I neither turned it in (if I were elite) nor purchased it.

We travel on a budget and try to save every penny we can but imho $10 just isn't worth it.

Never had my card questioned, could happen I suppose, and also when you turn in your Elite minibar its nothing to do with and not shown on your shipboard account.

Well, then they should mark your cards with cruise voyage when given from Room service when we trade in mini bar.

I didn't like that I did it correctly and had that nasty Barista accuse me of trying to beat the system.

Sue, here is a sure fire way to put an end to such an attitude (I've done it, believe me it works): "I want to speak to your supervisor". :)

Never had my card questioned, could happen I suppose, and also when you turn in your Elite minibar its nothing to do with and not shown on your shipboard account.

True and I understand your point, but I am not Elite so if I use a new card that I bought on eBay and it doesn't show on my folio I guess they could refuse me my free brewed cup. I've never had that experience using old unsigned cards in the past - but I still think it's not worth the hassle for $10. Just my point of view.

True and I understand your point, but I am not Elite so if I use a new card that I bought on eBay and it doesn't show on my folio I guess they could refuse me my free brewed cup. I've never had that experience using old unsigned cards in the past - but I still think it's not worth the hassle for $10. Just my point of view.

I just looked at one of my many unused cards and nowhere does it say they are not transferable or invalid if sold or anything at all like that so I don't think it would matter how you obtain that unmarked card, a new card is a new card is a new card.

As far as the barista is concerned if your Rich Uncle Pennybags gives it to you then its valid, and every other which way too.

Think I might use that line in the unlikely event I am questioned............

Recently on the Regal. had card with some punches left and two new cards we got on the ship (turned in Mini Bar and received from Room Service). New cards were unmarked. Went to coffee bar, Barista saw my cards and said he would have to punch for the two brewed coffees. I told him these new cards were gotten on the ship from turning in mini bar. he accused me of getting them on land. I didn't even know what he was talking about and told him to check with room service. Finally , and he gave me a disgusted look, poured two cups of coffee and didn't punch.

What got me mad was I wasn't trying to beat the system in any way and basically was being accused of fraud.

We have the coffee cards mostly for the specialty coffees and seldom get brewed anyways.

I had similar situation on the Crown last year, turned in my mini bar for coffee cards. They gave me old style. Barista said these were old and cannot use them for brewed coffee. I told him I got it in exchange for minibar & he reluctantly gave me coffee. I went to passenger services & said I want "new style" cards if I was going to be given hard time. they called down immediately & I never had a problem after that.

Sue, here is a sure fire way to put an end to such an attitude (I've done it, believe me it works): "I want to speak to your supervisor". :)

Sure. And when the supervisor is at another bar, and it takes him 15 minutes to arrive,

was it worth it to save a punch?