"Complementary First Night Pressing"

crispy46

I know that if you have 21 nights on Regent you get two items per person per week pressed. I assume that certain suite categories would get 1 item per person when they embark. If it is more than that, someone will correct me.

There are irons and ironing boards on most decks (in the laundry room next to the free washing machines and dryers).

Included pressing and\or washing is a goal for many guests and takes forever to achieve:)

Since there is no caveat or small print attached to this amenity (for PH and above) it would not be unreasonable to assume that it covers whatever the guest requires pressing on the first evening (within reasonable limits)

Depending on when you give the articles to your Butler, I am not sure they would be pressed and returned in time to wear on the first evening; they would however be ready for the Captain's reception, which is often on the second night

Best thing is to discuss your requirements when you meet your Butler after boarding and see what he can arrange

If you need a definitive answer, contact your TA. Secondarily, you could call Regent Corporate but their answer may be less accurate than what you would receive on this board as they as not too accurate in answering questions regarding what goes on while onboard the ships.

Agree that it is likely that you will not have your clothes back in time for dinner. I suppose that Platinum and Titanium Seven Seas Society members are partly to blame since we send all of our wrinkled clothing in to be pressed (or washed and pressed) on the first night). towel-animal - I understand that you are not interested in the Seven Seas Society benefits but they do impact pressing and laundry service.

I have a feeling that this "benefit" came from Oceania as they offer the same thing. In any case, if there is something I need the first night, I iron it myself!

If you need a definitive answer, contact your TA. Secondarily, you could call Regent Corporate but their answer may be less accurate than what you would receive on this board as they as not too accurate in answering questions regarding what goes on while onboard the ships.

Agree that it is likely that you will not have your clothes back in time for dinner. I suppose that Platinum and Titanium Seven Seas Society members are partly to blame since we send all of our wrinkled clothing in to be pressed (or washed and pressed) on the first night). towel-animal - I understand that you are not interested in the Seven Seas Society benefits but they do impact pressing and laundry service.

I have a feeling that this "benefit" came from Oceania as they offer the same thing. In any case, if there is something I need the first night, I iron it myself!

You bring an iron? I would think Regent would frown upon this because of fire hazard.

Can't think of anything better then doing ironing in the laundry room the first night of my Regent cruise:confused:

Really do not want to argue with you. We get free laundry and pressing but I would have no problem whatsoever taking a glass of champagne into the laundry room to touch up my husband's shirt -- it would take all of 5 minutes. You might be surprised how many people are in the laundry room as soon as they board the ship! OTOH, it is surprising how many wrinkled shirts there are in CR on the first night.

:o

Really do not want to argue with you. We get free laundry and pressing but I would have no problem whatsoever taking a glass of champagne into the laundry room to touch up my husband's shirt -- it would take all of 5 minutes. You might be surprised how many people are in the laundry room as soon as they board the ship! OTOH, it is surprising how many wrinkled shirts there are in CR on the first night.

Travelcat2, you are right on the crease. I use plastic bags and tissue paper to reduce wrinkles in our first night outfits. When we go to dinner, we are so happy to be there, everyone looks good. If the favorite item has had an unexpected tragedy. I just take out something else. Once, a small bottle of Woolite leaked into the pack with all of my Chico's Travelers blouses. I put on a new spiffy tee shirt, donned a jacket and necklace and off to dinner. The next day, all the Chicos went into a washer with just water. This happened on QM2 in Queen's Grill. Thank goodness our suite came with bubbly, and so did everybody else's. The dining room was distinctly jovial that night, and was throughout our cruise.

Hope to meet you on Explorer, in at least credible garb.

Mary

:o

Travelcat2, you are right on the crease. I use plastic bags and tissue paper to reduce wrinkles in our first night outfits. When we go to dinner, we are so happy to be there, everyone looks good. If the favorite item has had an unexpected tragedy. I just take out something else. Once, a small bottle of Woolite leaked into the pack with all of my Chico's Travelers blouses. I put on a new spiffy tee shirt, donned a jacket and necklace and off to dinner. The next day, all the Chicos went into a washer with just water. This happened on QM2 in Queen's Grill. Thank goodness our suite came with bubbly, and so did everybody else's. The dining room was distinctly jovial that night, and was throughout our cruise.

Hope to meet you on Explorer, in at least credible garb.

Mary

Really enjoyed your story. As a fellow Chico's shopper, I don't have much difficulty with wrinkling. I "kind of" know how to pack correctly (plastic bag and tissue paper) and I start off with the best intentions...... but at the last minute I think that I forgot something and start rummaging through everything making quite a mess. Then I refold things (not the right way):o

Today I starting "thinking" about next month's cruise. My next step is to check out predicted weather and then updating my "packing list". I no longer give information about our suite number on a public board but perhaps we can post on Roll Call during the cruise and pick a spot and time to meet.

This is funny...to me..because we travel so frequently and because my husband is so huge there is literally no room for my stuff. About 1 1/2 years ago I changed my entire wardrobe to Issey Miyake stuff. This can not wrinkle. I actually roll the dresses in a small roll and stuff his size 14 shoes with one dress in each shoe. Everything is stuffed in between his huge clothing and comes out wonderful!

• 10 months later...

Bumping this thread, as it doesn't look a confident answer was ever posted. Can anyone who has utilized the "Complimentary Pressing on First Night" benefit for Penthouse and higher categories chime in with more details on the benefit, specifically if it was for one article of clothing, or more?

Again, this is referring to the suite benefit, not the Seven Seas Society privilege — in case there is any difference.

My husband sent in his sports coat for first evening. It was not returned until the next day. No big deal...he just wore his dress shirt.

Not surprising. Our butler had to rush to have my DH's shirt ironed in time for dinner. I guess it depends upon when you board, when you get to your suite and when you meet with your butler/stewardess/steward.