Quest Drydock, will there be live blog?

wiscfamily

You're welcome - I'm really glad that various folks from Azamara did a nice job updating their twitter feeds! My work was simple :D

(I sort of wish they'd have more Singapore photos because we're on Journey out of Singapore in November - most of the travel photos on the twitter feeds lately have been the Med :eek:)

I've learned that we feature Singapore on our Asia travel board on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/azamaravoyages/cruise-travel-asia-the-pacific/

Did Azamara post them?

The ones I've seen on the AZ FB page are mostly if not all from the tweets that have been posted here.

Bonnie - thanks for the Singapore info - can't wait to go browse. And eat. Lots of eating!

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have a picture of Quest's gangway since drydock? It was a bunch of tiny steps. I'm hoping to see something more like Journey's skid resistent flat ganyway. Anyone?

The ships have several gangways they deploy, both steps and slopes depending on the height/tides/ positions in ports

I was looking at Quest cabins online today and noticed all the N1s show tubs, and none of the N2s show tubs. This would be a different arrangement than the post dry dock Journey. Is this an error on the deckplan? Can anyone who has sailed post dry dock on the Quest tell us? Or Bonnie, could you confirm the CC layouts on the Quest? Thank you!

I was looking at Quest cabins online today and noticed all the N1s show tubs, and none of the N2s show tubs. This would be a different arrangement than the post dry dock Journey. Is this an error on the deckplan? Can anyone who has sailed post dry dock on the Quest tell us? Or Bonnie, could you confirm the CC layouts on the Quest? Thank you!

I don't know the answer to this. I'll ask and get back to you.

We were told when booking on board the week before dry dock that odd no. N1's will have showers and even baths, not sure about N2. Hope this is true as we have booked for a shower! Hope this helps

I don't know the answer to this. I'll ask and get back to you.

Thanks Bonnie and CountryGirl. We know there were supposed to be showers in the odd N1s and even N2s with tubs in the opposite. However, the new deckplan shows something different. Thanks for looking into it for us.

You're welcome - I'm really glad that various folks from Azamara did a nice job updating their twitter feeds! My work was simple :D

(I sort of wish they'd have more Singapore photos because we're on Journey out of Singapore in November - most of the travel photos on the twitter feeds lately have been the Med :eek:)

Hello Hoyaheel,

I've just started a new thread linking to today's guest blog post by a young woman recently onboard the Azamara Quest. She visited Japan, Hong Kong & Singapore. Exploring Asia Through Dame Traveler's Lens

If you open our blog, at the bottom you'll find the link to Dame Traveler's site where you'll find more information on her trip.

Thanks Bonnie and CountryGirl. We know there were supposed to be showers in the odd N1s and even N2s with tubs in the opposite. However, the new deckplan shows something different. Thanks for looking into it for us.

The corrected deckplan is now on the website

The corrected deckplan is now on the website

Not for me. I just checked with Safari [but thought there might be an old cookie] and Chrome [new browser for me] -- the Quest deck plan is as of Dec. 2015 and shows the wrong tub/sofa information. What is really strange is that a newer, correct deck plan had been on the website -- I have that one, dated January 2016.

Not for me. I just checked with Safari [but thought there might be an old cookie] and Chrome [new browser for me] -- the Quest deck plan is as of Dec. 2015 and shows the wrong tub/sofa information. What is really strange is that a newer, correct deck plan had been on the website -- I have that one, dated January 2016.

You are quite right, it is still the incorrect layout for Quest. Think my browser must have been opening an old cached version, which was actually correct.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There does seem to be something wrong. I've looked again using my iPad and the Quests deckplan is not correct (specifically where the tubs are in the N1&2's.)

The ships have several gangways they deploy, both steps and slopes depending on the height/tides/ positions in ports

We were on the Quest in January for the Sydney to Auckland cruise. I use a wheelchair full time and this is a huge matter to everyone who uses a chair. No matter what the tide there was only one gangway deployed with occasional add on of steps at the ottom. The gangways on both ships are rather narrow but we don't need carried down on the Journey. On the Quest they had 4 hotel employees carry me down and up and the gangway is too narrow to do that safely. We brought it up with the Hotel Manager and he didn't know why the second crew entrance on the Quest sn't at the same level as on Journey which we often used when we sailed on her. It sounded like they only had the one type of gangway as the HM had also worked previously on Journey and knew what we were talking about. It is not safe for the customer nor the employees. So, yes, I would like to see a picture after dry dock as my husband refuses to book with Azamara until he sees it. We really enjoyed every other aspect of the cruise and ship especially Chris who was in charge of the fresh cooking stations in the buffet area.

The correct deck plan for the QUEST post-drydock is now up on the website. None of us are exactly sure how it got mixed up and the wrong one showing (N1&N2's specially) for awhile. But it is now correct.

We really appreciate it when you call our attention to these types of glitches, so thank you!

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/experience/our-ships/azamara-quest

The correct deck plan for the QUEST post-drydock is now up on the website. None of us are exactly sure how it got mixed up and the wrong one showing (N1&N2's specially) for awhile. But it is now correct.

We really appreciate it when you call our attention to these types of glitches, so thank you!

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/experience/our-ships/azamara-quest

Awesome Bonnie! Thanks so much:)

Do the n1s (cc suite) that do not have tubs have a shower curtain? Or a door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lovely glass door on what is effectively a double shower.