Quest Drydock, will there be live blog?

wiscfamily

Larry Pimentel has posted on twitter that the Quest refurbishment is slightly ahead of schedule which is great news for all those boarding soon

Yes, I quoted that tweet in post 39 of this thread. Unless he said it again today, in which case, I haven't, because I'm traveling and copying/pasting is a PITA on a phone:p

Pam, I've been giving more thought to your allergy issue, and I think having the staterooms stripped down to bare walls and completely redone from the walls out and bare floors up should be beneficial for someone with such allergies. In particular, removing the old carpets and, especially, the old drapes and curtains would be very helpful.

The one thing that might be noticed by some is the odor from all the glue used in laying the new carpeting all over the ship. This was not an issue for us from an allergy perspective but we did notice the odor on Journey until about a month after the drydock was completed. Worth it, though, as the carpeting is very nice and gives the ship an entirely new look. The light colors require more frequent cleaning, though, according to Ryszard.

Thank you for thinking about that. My allergies aren't as bad as some people, my grandson in particular; he has asthma and construction dust really sets it off. But yes, new everything will be great after "the dust settles". We did some remodeling work in our previous house, and I was finding drywall dust in unexpected places for months afterwards.

I won't be on Quest until August, so I'm sure all the dust will have settled by then, I was just kind of surprised to see a fully made-up bed and didn't think about the photo op thing.

Larry Pimentel has posted on twitter that the Quest refurbishment is slightly ahead of schedule which is great news for all those boarding soon

He probably shouldn't be tweeting that, given the shortening of the prior cruise (which we were on, have zero complaints about but others might not be so sanguine, especially those who cancelled).;)

He probably shouldn't be tweeting that, given the shortening of the prior cruise (which we were on, have zero complaints about but others might not be so sanguine, especially those who cancelled).;)

You can't please everybody :)

Pam and anyone with bad allergies: one cruise line has taken this to heart -- Crystal, with their PURE cabins:

http://www.crystalcruises.com/ContentPage.aspx?ID=171

Azamara Quest ‏@AzamaraQuest 1h1 hour ago Coral Gables, FL

"The voice from the Bridge" #REimagineQUEST - 2 days, tomorrow will be ready for Bottom inspection .@AzamaraVoyages

Cfw7E-dUsAE9amp.jpg

"The voice from the bridge" QUEST-day 12- SPA Suites with Jacuzzi at the Balcony ."A different way to see the world"

CfsBZhRVAAA06Hj.jpgCfsBaF7VAAErH2q.jpg

Azamara Quest ‏@AzamaraQuest Apr 10 Coral Gables, FL

"The voice from the bridge " QUEST Dry dock -Day 12 . "THE PATIO" @AzamaraVoyages a different way to see the World

Cfr8gNhUkAAomuT.jpg

Azamara Quest ‏@AzamaraQuest Apr 9 Coral Gables, FL

"The voice from the bridge"QUEST Dry dock - #REimagineQuest , The #Nightstar is on and shining.@AzamaraVoyages

CfpeJVLUUAAhRPx.jpg

[i'm not entirely sure which ship this is - he doesn't say - but I like it, so here it is:D]

Larry Pimentel ‏@LarryPimentel Apr 7

The NEW Patio! Great new dining area. Fresh outdoor dining option @AzamaraVoyages #luxury #cruise #azamara

CffJLYnW8AAXm8R.jpg

Quest out of dry dock.

So, they must have completed ahead of schedule- I believe her first voyage post dry dock starts on 15th April.

I look forward to someone writing a report ( with pictures hopefully:))

Azamara Club Cruises ‏@AzamaraVoyages 6m6 minutes ago

The @AzamaraQuest has emerged from a successful dry dock and is ready for her next voyage!

Cf7TWDIWcAANsIz.jpg

Larry Pimentel

‏@LarryPimentel

So excited to see both our vessels feeling fresh, new and elegant! #drydock #cruise

Cf7HMJwWIAEaWXd.jpg

Azamara Quest

‏@AzamaraQuest

"The voice from the bridge" QUEST #REimagine your bath at one of the SPA suites.@AzamaraVoyages #Lovetravel

Cf2oiWXVAAErxyz.jpg

Azamara Quest

‏@AzamaraQuest

"The voice from the bridge" QUEST is Ready waiting for you. #lovetravel @AzamaraVoyages ," #REimagineQUEST

Cf2nnaxUIAA10yO.jpg

Azamara Quest ‏@AzamaraQuest 22h22 hours ago Coral Gables, FL

"The voice from the Bridge" Dry Dock day 14, #QUEST is ready to go back in service. #REimagineQUEST is now reality

Cf2mkedUYAAF2AH.jpg

Larry Pimentel

‏@LarryPimentel

Azamara Quest has successfully completed the dry-dock. She looks stunning!

Cf7Fp7AWEAAv_I0.jpg

Thank you Hoyaheel for posting all the pictures of Quest you have done a sterling job.

Great to see the Reimagined ship.:D:D:D

You're welcome - I'm really glad that various folks from Azamara did a nice job updating their twitter feeds! My work was simple :D

(I sort of wish they'd have more Singapore photos because we're on Journey out of Singapore in November - most of the travel photos on the twitter feeds lately have been the Med :eek:)

You're welcome - I'm really glad that various folks from Azamara did a nice job updating their twitter feeds! My work was simple :D

(I sort of wish they'd have more Singapore photos because we're on Journey out of Singapore in November - most of the travel photos on the twitter feeds lately have been the Med :eek:)

My DH and I disembarked the Azamara Quest in #Singapore this past November. We loved it!

Here's a short blog post I wrote about the food there..

Three Days of Great Food in Singapore

Also, Azamara maintains various photo destination boards on Instagram. I'm not a whiz on Instagram so I'm not too sure how to link you to the specific board(s) featuring Singapore. I'll ask and see if someone can instruct me. I'll let you know :)