Quest Drydock, will there be live blog?

wiscfamily

Larry Pimentel ‏@LarryPimentel 58m58 minutes ago

Mirror, mirror on the wall who is small, beautiful, floats and boasts the best in destination delivery?

CfEO-K9WAAE4dZW.jpg

Larry Pimentel ‏@LarryPimentel 1h1 hour ago

New Decks being installed! All decks have workers completing a massive remodel of @AzamaraQuest #cruise #lovetravel

CfENEvQWQAA8gUf.jpg

Wires, wires everywhere...and newness comes our way in days. #Azamara #bespoke #cruise

CfELb5ZW8AAv0GP.jpg

Link by link the chain is inspected, as all areas @AzamaraQuest are being renewed. What a project! #cruise #azamara

CfEIcxbUUAAEQrg.jpg

Larry Pimentel ‏@LarryPimentel 2h2 hours ago

Suite Destruction continues.....day 3 of the #azamara #drydock #signapore

CfEHCqaWEAEJ5Jg.jpg

Larry Pimentel ‏@LarryPimentel 9m9 minutes ago

Cranes and elevators take thousands of items to restore, improve and enrich @AzamaraQuest

CfIj8p2WwAEnsji.jpg

Azamara Quest ‏@AzamaraQuest 4h4 hours ago Coral Gables, FL

"The voice from the Bridge" QUEST dry dock day 5- 0800 hrs and 1800 hrs is meeting time for Project Evaluation .

CfHzb1TUIAAhivt.jpgCfHzc-IUAAAeKmO.jpg

Azamara Quest ‏@AzamaraQuest 5h5 hours ago Coral Gables, FL

"The voice from the bridge" #QUEST day4 , Discoveries Restaurant ready to feed 1200 Workers. #ReimagineQUEST

CfHj_tUUsAAnGfH.jpg

I can only imagine eating all those workers this significantly less complicated than feeding a ship full of patrons!!

Right -- they won't be complaining about the lack of lobster or the quality of the rose wine! ;)

NEW Spa suites being constructed. #Cruise #luxury #azamara

CfMtP34W4AA7C1q.jpg

Just starting the new Sunset bar. It is 5o'clock somewhere...the drinks on us! #drydock #azamara #lovetravel

CfMs_RUXEAEmTEg.jpg

#Drydock! And the work continues with new ceiling panels. She is looking line a NEW ship! #azamara #cruise #wow

CfMsnk3W4AA6D3Z.jpg

Larry Pimentel ‏@LarryPimentel 11h11 hours ago

She will feel new because so much of her has been renewed, improved and replaced. #Azamara #drydock #singapore

CfKqKNXWwAAB-qJ.jpg

Larry Pimentel ‏@LarryPimentel 11h11 hours ago

New props being installed help create better fuel efficiencies and calm movement in the ocean water ways. #Azamara

CfKprSuWAAA4H-j.jpg

Larry Pimentel ‏@LarryPimentel 12h12 hours ago

All of the @AzamaraQuest staterooms and suites have been demolished. And NOW for the reconstruction... #drydock

CfKTBytWQAAFuHx.jpg

Larry Pimentel ‏@LarryPimentel 13h13 hours ago

Captain Jose....inspects his @AzamaraQuest in dry dock. #cruise #AZamara

CfKQ4EhW4AAI5m2.jpg

Good morning #SINGAPORE! Another day to refresh, improve and redesign @AzamaraQuest. #Drydock #cruise #Azamara

CfKHwZvWsAAOuwJ.jpg

Construction, construction everywhere! It is so exciting to see this work progress on time and within schedule.

CfKGr3VWIAAqCcx.jpg

Larry Pimentel ‏@LarryPimentel 14h14 hours ago

The entire pool deck is reimagined with a new grill and dining area and new hot tubs. #drydock #cruise #luxury

CfKA4Y4WAAEZYOX.jpg

All of the @AzamaraQuest staterooms and suites have been demolished. And NOW for the reconstruction...

Reading reports from passengers on Journey, they indicated that there were some elements that were 'old.'

Just wondering if Quest staterooms have had a complete makeover.

Cabin: The new beds are wonderful, the mattresses are really comfortable, and the bedding is very good.

Compared to the old beds, which caused us backache for the whole cruise, this is a quantum leap forward in comfort.

They mixed old parts in the cabin like the closets and the desk with the new refurbished parts, like the beds, new carpets, new love seat, new huge TV.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2335868

Edited by upwarduk

Reading reports from passengers on Journey, they indicated that there were some elements that were 'old.'

Just wondering if Quest staterooms have had a complete makeover.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2335868

The old toilet and sink remain in inside, oceanview, and veranda stateroom bathrooms. Bathroom floors, walls, lighting, shelving, are all new. In the bedroom, wall coverings, carpets, drapes, curtains, headboards, televisions, linens, pillows, bedside tables, lamps, desk chair and loveseat are all new. The desk has been refurbished, with new top and panels in the doors to lighten the look.

CC suites and the big corner suites are new from top to bottom, as, of course, are Spa Suites.

Quest should be exactly the same.

Edited by marinaro44

The old toilet and sink remain in inside, oceanview, and veranda stateroom bathrooms. Bathroom floors, walls, lighting, shelving, are all new. In the bedroom, wall coverings, carpets, drapes, curtains, headboards, televisions, linens, pillows, bedside tables, lamps, desk chair and loveseat are all new. The desk has been refurbished, with new top and panels in the doors to lighten the look.

CC suites and the big corner suites are new from top to bottom, as, of course, are Spa Suites.

Quest should be exactly the same.

Yes, the Quest should be the same :)

Azamara Quest ‏@AzamaraQuest 10h10 hours ago

#AzamaraVoyages #lovetravel New Azamara Club World Owner Suite re-imagined bathroom. Amazing changes and fresh look

CfaJazeUIAA4Imk.jpg

#AzamaraVoyage #Lovetravel New Spa Entrance, great dry dock progress. #HDPhillip exploring new venues.Amazing !

CfaIrnhUkAAtkrY.jpg

#AzamaraVoyages #PhillipRichard HD's join in to help get #Quest ready for service. Card Room / In Touch #LoveTravel

CfaHyAnVIAAcM-t.jpg

This dynamic duo, our excellent hotel directors, are inspecting new stateroom in #drydock! WE love Philip & Rysard!

CfZuIa8UMAAZ-Xc.jpg

Continental suites are being delivered early! The progress is awesome @AzamaraQuest #drydock #cruise #azamara

CfZl5wBWAAAHcFr.jpg

Rolls and Rolls of new carpets installed. Over 60% completed and ahead of schedule. #drydock #cruise #azamara

CfZjxWjUsAAsgK6.jpg

It's interesting that apparently the rooms are being delivered complete with bedding; looks like all the construction dust would get ingrained in the fabrics.

It's interesting that apparently the rooms are being delivered complete with bedding; looks like all the construction dust would get ingrained in the fabrics.

The rooms aren't "delivered" in the sense that they arrive as a finished unit. Construction in a room is completed, cleaning is done, and bed is made. Don't understand the looking for something negative in every step of the work. The folks in charge of this operation are really not stupid.

No, you look for something negative in everything I post. I have very nicely asked you to ignore me. I have dust allergies, so I look at things that could trigger those.

And I have seen pictures of staterooms or hotel rooms or something; I think it was cruise ship staterooms, that were literally lifted into place intact. So my thinking was not so far fetched.

No, you look for something negative in everything I post. I have very nicely asked you to ignore me. I have dust allergies, so I look at things that could trigger those.

And I have seen pictures of staterooms or hotel rooms or something; I think it was cruise ship staterooms, that were literally lifted into place intact. So my thinking was not so far fetched.

That's how a ship is built, not how it is refurbished.

In Pam's defense, while I didn't think the rooms were "built" with the bedding in place I did wonder about the wisdom of making them up while work is still going on in nearby cabins. But I decided to assume that this ONE room was made up for a photo op.

Andy was reusing the photos and materials posted on Facebook by Captain Johannes and Heike. So any blog will be very much dependent on Captain Jose and the officers on Quest. You may get less because Philip/Ryszard are not so IT engaged.

Ryszard had 7 ProCams set up to take pictures every few seconds in each area of work during the Journey refit. He had the many hours edited down and presented it in the theatre on the 4th cruise after drydock. He commented on them plus showed a short sped up recap before thanking the editors and a Q and A. I saw a link to this recap, maybe on youtube.

Haven’t read all the postings, so hopefuly not repeating what was already said.

In Pam's defense, while I didn't things k the rooms were "built" with the bedding in place I did wonder about the wisdom of making them up while work is still going on in nearby cabins. But I decided to assume that this ONE room was made up for a photo op.

That's what I thought too. I'm sure they did something in order to protect the furnishings from any residue from continued construction.

Continental suites are being delivered early! The progress is awesome @AzamaraQuest #drydock #cruise #azamara

CfZl5wBWAAAHcFr.jpg

Noticed a small change here from Journey's refurbished CC suites - the electrical sockets are now mounted under the mirror, whereas on Journey I think they are hidden on the side of the desk?

Azamara already learning and adapting from Journey's reimagining; I wonder what else has changed?

continent_suite-1800x1000-2.jpg