Just had to cancel my cruise

PureMI

Super Sad Face.

We were scheduled to leave tomorrow and needed to cancel due to my DH's work commitments. We did have platinum coverage and are trying for the "cancel for any reason" and get trip credit. I have filed the claim, so, how long does it take to get he credit? How long is the cruise credi good ( use in the next year)? Has anyone had a claim declined and not received cruise credit?

it was a few years ago that i had to 'cancel for any reason'. i remember it only took a couple of weeks and i got a letter saying that as it was not for a covered reason, i was to get a future cruise amount. it scared me because i thought it was denied but it was the medical cheque refund portion that was denied (even though i didn't apply for that), the OBC refund was to be applied to my account.

someone dropped the ball and a month later it still wasn't showing up and i had to follow up, it happened fast after that.

i think it was good for a year from the date of booking but i could be mis-remembering!

i'm sorry you don't get to board tomorrow.

It should be pretty fast. I seem to remember the credit was posted to my Captain’s Circle account within a week or two. I think if you book another cruise within a year, you should be fine.

Sorry you have to cancel the cruise. Always disappointing.

Super Sad Face.

We were scheduled to leave tomorrow and needed to cancel due to my DH's work commitments. We did have platinum coverage and are trying for the "cancel for any reason" and get trip credit. I have filed the claim, so, how long does it take to get he credit? How long is the cruise credi good ( use in the next year)? Has anyone had a claim declined and not received cruise credit?

We used cancel for any reason last April. Our Future Cruise Credits where credited in about 3 weeks. Princess normally says four to six weeks. You'll have a year from the day the insurance issues the credit to Princess.

agree completely! We got the platinum coverage due to our elderly parents. I should have known-our last "vacation" taking his parents to their Florida home was postponed because DH slipped and broke his leg 2 days before we left.

You don’t need it. There’s no charge if you have to cancel. :D

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

That's what I expected. After all, there has to be some benefits in exchange for all that rowing. Like free drinks package and included gratuities. I wouldn't ask for specialty dining. And the free laundry room is always within reach, right?

We received a Princess Travel Care credit in about two weeks one time when we needed it to pay for another cruise. I had to follow up with Aon Affinity to encourage them to move quickly but they did and we immediately applied it to another booking.

The credits must be applied to a booking (you don’t have to complete the cruise) by 12/31 of the following year. However, if you apply one to a cruise and then end up canceling that cruise after 12/31 of the following year, you’ll lose the credit.

That's what I expected. After all, there has to be some benefits in exchange for all that rowing. Like free drinks package and included gratuities. I wouldn't ask for specialty dining. And the free laundry room is always within reach, right?

You don’t have to worry about rowing there’s always plenty of guest that love to row. They think it’s great exercise and love it.:D :D :D

P.S.

STEELERS :(

GO PATRIOTS !!!!

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

We had to cancel one in May. It was after final payment, just a few days from sailing. The things like port charges were refunded to my credit card immediately. The credit to Princess account for the cruise portion took a couple of weeks. Worked very well.