Royal Suite - Star Class Benefits Shrinking??

I have a star class booked for next April and I randomly check the RCCL site to see what additional information they are posting about this program. What is scaring me is the perks listed on the site are slowing disappearing instead of more details being added.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/star/

What i do not see anymore is:

Laundry Services

Thermal Spa Access - It was unlimited when the star class was first announced, then reduced to 1 day now i do not see it.

Fitness Class - Not listed anymore

Complimentary Minibar no longer listed

In Suite cocktail service is no longer listed (the 2 hour happy hour thing)

Specialty bottled water (Not a big deal, just another thing they removed)

Maybe this is their attempt to make the amenities more generic across the fleet where each ship does not offer equal services? Ive saved the documents and screen shots of the website going all the way back to last August and it makes me wonder who is running the show at Royal?

I have a star class booked for next April and I randomly check the RCCL site to see what additional information they are posting about this program. What is scaring me is the perks listed on the site are slowing disappearing instead of more details being added.

Laundry Services

Thermal Spa Access - It was unlimited when the star class was first announced, then reduced to 1 day now i do not see it.

Maybe this is their attempt to make the amenities more generic across the fleet where each ship does not offer equal services? Ive saved the documents and screen shots of the website going all the way back to last August and it makes me wonder who is running the show at Royal?

Call them. 800-526-9723

Laundry Services

With two little kids I was really looking forward to the laundry service. Hoping it will be back by next May.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Gave the C&A group a call and was able to talk with the representative and a supervisor. They did in fact confirm that things were being removed from the amenities list such as the thermal room access, fitness classes, the happy hour cocktail thing and a few other trivial perks.

They confirmed the Laundry/pressing services are still an amenity as well as the minibar.

It sounds like RCCL provides the C&A staff with some PDF weekly with the current perks and even they didnt know things had been removed until they compared previous ones.

I guess i hope they dont start removing valuable perks of this program.

Thank you for calling them. I just "jumped" to Royal (after I complete my last NCL cruising that is coming up) due, in large part, to NCL's constant changing of programs, etc. after booking. And, while I love the Haven, the service has become....inconsistent...in recent sailings.

I'm with you that, as long as the "main" perks remain, I'll be incredibly happy. (and, seriously, coming home with virtually no laundry just flat out floats my boat :D ).

Can someone elaborate certain Star benefits. For example: what do you get as a "welcome Amenity", what is the "personalized welcome gift", what is included in the mini-bar, and what is the "in-suite hand crafted cocktail service"? Can your Genie set up a special tour of the ship? Should he be able to arrange reservations to, say, the Escape Room?

marti315-What? No suite free cocktail hour? Surely that is incorrect. Suites have gotten that perk for years, way before the "new" suite program started. What about those Suite Lounges on Oasis class ships and Liberty? If suites no longer get the complimentary cocktail hour, why converting from Concierge Lounges to Suite Lounges?

marti315-What? No suite free cocktail hour? Surely that is incorrect. Suites have gotten that perk for years, way before the "new" suite program started. What about those Suite Lounges on Oasis class ships and Liberty? If suites no longer get the complimentary cocktail hour, why converting from Concierge Lounges to Suite Lounges?

I think she is talking about the beverage cart that would go to all of the star rooms.

I just looked over all 3 tiers and the only one that didn't look to have any changes was Sea Class....

This is what I had saved from the original flyer [ATTACH]391209[/ATTACH]

Thank you for this. We sailed in the Sky class in May on Oasis and I tried the thermal suite for the first time and it was amazing. We are sailing on Allure's President's cruise in a Sky class and was looking forward to the thermal suite on a sea day.

I will bring the flyer you posted as proof of the amenity when I booked the cruise just in case.

Gave the C&A group a call and was able to talk with the representative and a supervisor. They did in fact confirm that things were being removed from the amenities list such as the thermal room access, fitness classes, the happy hour cocktail thing and a few other trivial perks.

They confirmed the Laundry/pressing services are still an amenity as well as the minibar.

It sounds like RCCL provides the C&A staff with some PDF weekly with the current perks and even they didnt know things had been removed until they compared previous ones.

I guess i hope they dont start removing valuable perks of this program.

So it sounds like they just figured it out the same way you did? By looking at the published list? :confused:

Yes I was referring to that in suite cocktail cart they referred to as a STAR CLASS perk. Looks like that never got any traction so they removed it.

This is beyond irritating. They just rolled out the program in May and are already cutting the benefits? I am booked in a Sky Loft Suite in October and was looking forward to ALL of the benefits they were 'selling' as part of the package I was buying. I know it's a First World Problem, but I was assuming I would get what they said I was going to get.

Laundry Services

I don't know where you got your information from but I'm sailing in star class this month and this was sent to me last week about the amenities currently provided.

Ultimate Beverage Package

• Complimentary Specialty Restaurants

• All-Day Access to Coastal Kitchen

• Special In-Suite Dining

• Suite Lounge

• In-Suite Handcrafted Cocktail Service

• Complimentary Minibar

• Specialty Bottled Water

• Nespresso® Coffee Maker Service

• Complimentary VOOM,

Fastest Internet at Sea

• Complimentary Fitness Classes

• Complimentary 7-Day Spa Thermal

Room Access

• Exclusive Access to Signature

Activities

• Exclusive Access to Suites Beach on

Private Islands

• Daily Gratuities Included

• Complimentary In-Suite Movies

• Luxury Bathroom Amenities by

Hermès,® Ferragamo® and L’OCCITANE®

• Duxiana® Mattress

• Frette® Linens, Towels and Bathrobes

• Welcome Amenity

I don't know where you got your information from but I'm sailing in star class this month and this was sent to me last week about the amenities currently provided.

• Suite Lounge

• Complimentary Minibar

• Complimentary VOOM,

Fastest Internet at Sea

Room Access

Activities

Private Islands

• Duxiana® Mattress

• Welcome Amenity

Did your travel agent happen to send you that list? That is a VERY early list, almost back from March 2016. The current list has some of those things removed from it which was the topic that started this discussion.

• Suite Lounge

• Complimentary Minibar

• Complimentary VOOM,

Fastest Internet at Sea

Room Access

Activities

Private Islands

• Duxiana® Mattress

• Welcome Amenity

Click on the link and you will see that RCCL has deleted some of those benefits:

Did your travel agent happen to send you that list? That is a VERY early list, almost back from March 2016. The current list has some of those things removed from it which was the topic that started this discussion.

No, my Genie did.

I have a feeling its Royal Corporate not communicating changes to the onboard staff and so the onboard staff are using the documents they have been presented in the past. Will they honor it if they sent it to you, yes definitely but this seems to be what happens quite often. Corporate makes changes and the fleets start implementing those changes months / years later.

I wonder-if you booked months ago under the original benefit list, will your cruise include the original benefits? We are a family of eight, booked for September 2017 in Star class, and those original benefits are what encouraged us to book a Star class suite.

We booked Sky class months ago on Oasis for Jan 2017 to celebrate my 60th birthday. We have been on Oasis before and the ports many times before. We wanted to enjoy the amenities being offered. I am particularly concerned about the wording of access to the Coastal Kitchen. When we booked, Sky class had all day access to the Coastal Kitchen. Now the wording is dinner only for Sea, access for Sky and all day access for Star. Sounds very vague to me. In suite dining isn't listed anymore, either. I will call tomorrow and see what they have to say and am following this thread to find out what others are learning. It does bother me that they are already trimming back a program that they advertised so heavily and just started a few months ago. We can cancel our cruise now if we don't like the changes, but what about after final payment?

We booked Sky class months ago on Oasis for Jan 2017 to celebrate my 60th birthday. We have been on Oasis before and the ports many times before. We wanted to enjoy the amenities being offered. I am particularly concerned about the wording of access to the Coastal Kitchen. When we booked, Sky class had all day access to the Coastal Kitchen. Now the wording is dinner only for Sea, access for Sky and all day access for Star. Sounds very vague to me. In suite dining isn't listed anymore, either. I will call tomorrow and see what they have to say and am following this thread to find out what others are learning. It does bother me that they are already trimming back a program that they advertised so heavily and just started a few months ago. We can cancel our cruise now if we don't like the changes, but what about after final payment?

In-suite dining was something that suites could have even before the "new" program. I am sure that they have not eliminated that.

Only Sea class is limited to dinner in Coastal Kitchen.