If I book...way,,,way far ahead??

LuAnn

and the price of the cabin comes down? What happens?? I am looking at a cruise from my home port of SD to MIA through the Panama Canal for the spring of '18...a long way off!! If I book it today...and then the price drops...what happens?? Would appreciate your thoughts!! Thanks!! LuAnn

and the price of the cabin comes down? What happens?? I am looking at a cruise from my home port of SD to MIA through the Panama Canal for the spring of '18...a long way off!! If I book it today...and then the price drops...what happens?? Would appreciate your thoughts!! Thanks!! LuAnn

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan/best-price-guarantee

be aware: if the price drop is associated with a new promotion, you will need to rebook to get the new price and you will incur a 50.00 pp cancellation fee (if the promotion is for new bookings only).

I wasn't aware of this benefit, so had a look. Everything looked good until the first line of the T&C limits it to US and Canada residents. How come others, who usually represent a fair proportion of passenger numbers, are excluded. I'd love to hear the explanation from Azamara.

Tony

I wasn't aware of this benefit, so had a look. Everything looked good until the first line of the T&C limits it to US and Canada residents. How come others, who usually represent a fair proportion of passenger numbers, are excluded. I'd love to hear the explanation from Azamara.

Tony

From a UK perspective the main reason given is due to the consumer protection legislation which allegedly carries a high cost to the cruise line / tour operator. We were certainly able to use this protection when we had a cruise cancelled this year due to the ship being chartered.

There is also a little known "perk" related to loyalty level which allows one free change to the booking without having to cancel and rebook, I don't know if this is UK only or not but we have used it with Azamara in the past and Celebrity a couple of months ago. Call centre staff are not always clued up on this but we have a very good TA.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From a UK perspective the main reason given is due to the consumer protection legislation which allegedly carries a high cost to the cruise line / tour operator. We were certainly able to use this protection when we had a cruise cancelled this year due to the ship being chartered.

There is also a little known "perk" related to loyalty level which allows one free change to the booking without having to cancel and rebook, I don't know if this is UK only or not but we have used it with Azamara in the past and Celebrity a couple of months ago. Call centre staff are not always clued up on this but we have a very good TA.

what loyalty level?- thanks

It was clouded for the UK for about a week last year, then it was withdrawn from the UK web-page!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Blooming predictive text. I meant that the price guarantee was on the UK web-site for about a week last year!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Riocca,

Perhaps this little known perk is specific to your market because I can't think of what you're referring to, unless you tend to purchase future Open Passage bookings while onboard? These bookings have a bit more flexibility, but not tied to LCV level.

Hi LuAnn, laurieb's post is correct. You may cx and rebook under a new promotion, if it makes sense for you.

Hi,

Is this a "perk" that you have taken advantage of recently?

I think that perhaps it was something that Azamara did in the past but no longer? But possibly it still applies to Celebrity?

It is a while since we needed to make any changes on Azamara but for Celebrity we were able to upgrade our cabin and take advantage of a price drop only two months ago.

Sadly, I think that with Azamara "that ship has sailed"!

But, I would be happy to be proved wrong.

Sadly, I think that with Azamara "that ship has sailed"!

But, I would be happy to be proved wrong.

Shame, a bit of flexibility did no harm to customer relations! I can remember moving one cruise from Celebrity to Azamara many moons ago, don't think I would even ask these days.