Drum roll please..........

Lois R

Good morning, nice post:)

I am 58 and have been divorced for over 30 years (never re-married).

And yes, I love to travel:D....forturnetly for me, I like my own company;)

AND I meet people very easily. And staying home is just not an option.

I do work and will be for quite a few more years......(gotta work to

cruise)..

I love traveling with my hubby but sometimes I would like to go alone just so I don't feel so guilty taking my time with photos. But then, I'd miss him so it would be a conundrum to the fullest extent! When he's deployed or away for training, I use that time to jet off to the other islands for little photo safari's so I get it out of my system and I'm not left sitting here lonely and bored.

Rebel, that sounds like a fantastic trip, hoping you have the perfect weather (and as someone who likes to play with photography, that isn't always blue sky/sunshine) for all the days you are doing courses.

Lois, I'm looking forward to hearing about your next cruise, as that's the route we will be doing.

I love traveling with my hubby but sometimes I would like to go alone just so I don't feel so guilty taking my time with photos. But then, I'd miss him so it would be a conundrum to the fullest extent! When he's deployed or away for training, I use that time to jet off to the other islands for little photo safari's so I get it out of my system and I'm not left sitting here lonely and bored.

If your husband is in the military, please thank him for his service from

me.

As for boredom? When I am on a cruise, that has never been an issue:D;):)

me.

And thank you from another military family....son was 10th Mt....been there done that too many times....DH Viet Nam....Dad Navy...he almost had a stroke when I married Army :D:D

me.

Thank you Lois. I certainly will. We are both Navy. He has been in 21 years. I also served 22 and retired in 2007. Best travel plan EVER :).

And thank you from another military family....son was 10th Mt....been there done that too many times....DH Viet Nam....Dad Navy...he almost had a stroke when I married Army :D:D

Hahaha...funny. Mine was opposite. My Grandfather and Uncle were both Army ... There were a bit miffed when I joined the Navy. We won't even get into the Mennonite side of my family who almost disowned me.

My son joined the Army and after two tours is separating in July. After making me a grandma, he lost any desire to get deployed. I can't object too much.

Edited by Rebel54

Rebel, that sounds like a fantastic trip, hoping you have the perfect weather (and as someone who likes to play with photography, that isn't always blue sky/sunshine) for all the days you are doing courses.

Lois, I'm looking forward to hearing about your next cruise, as that's the route we will be doing.

Daisi,

I hate the rain. When I shot with an Olympus it wasn't a huge deal, it was waterproof. Then I switched over to Canon Full Frame and it's not. :( Will be in Prague in July so I'm hopeful it will be nice weather. I always keep a couple plastic bags in my kit in case I have to waterproof a bit.

Daisi,

I hate the rain. When I shot with an Olympus it wasn't a huge deal, it was waterproof. Then I switched over to Canon Full Frame and it's not. :( Will be in Prague in July so I'm hopeful it will be nice weather. I always keep a couple plastic bags in my kit in case I have to waterproof a bit.

Lol, I tend to get some really spooky shots with mist/rain, so I never mind. Mind you I will drag DH out of bed early on weekends so we can be on the road with the sunrise to capture the fingerlings of fog hovering over the fields to! Hopefully you will get whatever type of weather you want.

Thank you both for your service and should we meet in an airport somewhere,

your next drinks are on me.:)

Thank you Lois. I am glad I joined. Don't regret a minute.

Lol, I tend to get some really spooky shots with mist/rain, so I never mind. Mind you I will drag DH out of bed early on weekends so we can be on the road with the sunrise to capture the fingerlings of fog hovering over the fields to! Hopefully you will get whatever type of weather you want.

I would love to get some eerie, foggy shots on the Charles Bridge. :) I've managed to get him out for sunset...sunrise not so easy. When he was away last time I took a trip to Maui so I could go catch sunrise on Haleakala. I was on the road at 2:30 am and I froze my tail off! At least I knew it would be cold up there. Some teenie boppers were up there in short shorts and a tank top.

I would love to get some eerie, foggy shots on the Charles Bridge. :) I've managed to get him out for sunset...sunrise not so easy. When he was away last time I took a trip to Maui so I could go catch sunrise on Haleakala. I was on the road at 2:30 am and I froze my tail off! At least I knew it would be cold up there. Some teenie boppers were up there in short shorts and a tank top.

That would be me probably, except not quite short shorts! Your freezing is probably our nice spring day. But yes, I do know what it's like trying to capture that perfect shot when fingers don't want to work in the cold. My husband is great for carrying all my gear, and quite patient waiting until I feel I have all the shots I want..... in return, I tramp around his car shows (with a camera of course!).

Edited by Daisi

You should get some stunning shots on the Bridge. As for Haleakala....I thought I was going to freeze to death....I never really associated Hawaii with COLD! We weren't in shorts but jeans and sweatshirts weren't really enough.....but the pics were spectacular.

....First, I am glad review has brought out so many kind and informative

replies.

And now......I have been home just over one week...really?:eek: and

I have booked my 2nd River cruise already!

I am going on AMASonata from Amsterdam to Basel for May 2017.

It is "THE ENCHANTING RHINE" and looks really good:)

I had such an awesome time and for this one I will actually have 2 days

pre-cruise in Amsterdam so I will at least have time to see a couple of

museums. If you recall, I flew in only 1 day early on this first cruise.

I learned something;)....and really like Amsterdam so am giving myself

another day. AND I will stay in Basel overnight at the end to see some

of it too.:)

Just want to say thanks to everyone for the help before my first cruise

and I am sure I will have questions for this one too. Now I have to

wait another year:D:eek:

I look forward to your thoughts post cruise as it's one we're also interested in.

I look forward to your thoughts post cruise as it's one we're also interested in.

I will make sure to post about it:)...we have a long ways to wait though:eek:

Congratulations, Lois! Go for it. I knew you would catch the bug.

I got quotes from my TA, and will be booking another Danube cruise this week. This time I'm doing the eastern side - Bucharest to Budapest. I decide to start in Bucharest rather than Budapest because I was able to explore Budapest quite a bit on my first river cruise last year.

Something leaving from Amsterdam is definitely going to be on my list for 2018. Do you have any ocean cruises booked?

Roz

Hey Roz:)...I am putting a deposit down on an Ocean Cruise for October.

I keep looking at land trips but my heart is in cruising;) I am going

on Serenade of the Seas to New England/Canada......the itinerary

looks really nice:)......I know it will be totally different......more people

of course;).......but I plan on having a good time:D

Hey Roz:)...I am putting a deposit down on an Ocean Cruise for October. I keep looking at land trips but my heart is in cruising;) I am going on Serenade of the Seas to New England/Canada......the itinerary looks really nice:)......I know it will be totally different......more people of course;).......but I plan on having a good time:D

I have booked one of these, and after extensive research decided to go with Princess because they are one of the few that include St. John, NB -- in the Bay of Fundy with the tremendously high tides and the famous "reversing falls" as the river empties into the bay.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

I have booked one of these, and after extensive research decided to go with Princess because they are one of the few that include St. John, NB -- in the Bay of Fundy with the tremendously high tides and the famous "reversing falls" as the river empties into the bay.

Hi Jazz, I am going with an open mind.....and hopefully I will have a good

time:).....

Hey Roz:)...I am putting a deposit down on an Ocean Cruise for October.

I keep looking at land trips but my heart is in cruising;) I am going

on Serenade of the Seas to New England/Canada......the itinerary

looks really nice:)......I know it will be totally different......more people

of course;).......but I plan on having a good time:D

Hi Lois: Are you going to Canada in Oct, 2016? If so, maybe we can have a drink in Quebec!!!! I'm on Celebrity Summit out of NJ on 10/2/16! :D FYI I have been warned that it could be cold especially in Quebec and there might even be snow! Better bring the long johns!!

Edited by Hydrokitty

Hi Lois: Are you going to Canada in Oct, 2016? If so, maybe we can have a drink in Quebec!!!! I'm on Celebrity Summit out of NJ on 10/2/16! :D FYI I have been warned that it could be cold especially in Quebec and there might even be snow! Better bring the long johns!!

Good morning.:).........I will be there later in the month. Cruise leaves on

10/16;)

Maybe another time:)

I booked my flights and hotel today:).....so that is all taken care of.......

Cool...where do you sail from? Since you actually leave the same day we return I'll try to post mid-trip about weather..

Cool...where do you sail from? Since you actually leave the same day we return I'll try to post mid-trip about weather..

Sailing out of Boston:)

Sailing out of Boston:)

We'll be stopping in Boston on or about the 13th or 14th. Don't know if you've been to Boston..if not, if you have an excursion to Lexington & Concord, take it...if to Salem..not so much....if to Plymouth Plantation...not to be missed!!! We're going out on our own since we live so close to Boston and DH used to race up there so we were going just about every other week-end for awhile. It's a fantastic city and I can't wait to see the new riverwalk.