Just off Grandeur - a few surprises!

VASOXFANN

Thank you, Bob and Clyde. Our Alaska Princess cruise was subdued. We like to go out to eat and love to see shows, so cruising made a lot of sense to us. However, I also like to sing, so I'd be interested in a church service or a chance for karaoke... I'll try the actual roll call, too. Blessings!

They invited all the pinnacles to the HD table with senior officers. And he said next week they had 30 and we're doing it in Izumi. I wish I could have stayed for one more. But I have to be on the Harmony Saturday. ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I'll ever make it to Pinnacle, but I'm glad they do offer such things for those who do.

I was on this cruise. MDR best place to eat. Windjammer was like dog food. chops nice ambience but bad food. Small portions. Cheap choice filet. Service at Giovanni's so bad we left mid way through a meal. Was expecting more.

I was on this cruise. MDR best place to eat. Windjammer was like dog food. chops nice ambience but bad food. Small portions. Cheap choice filet. Service at Giovanni's so bad we left mid way through a meal. Was expecting more.

I don't agree with the dog food comparison, but I've certainly had better buffet food. We ate in the MDR whenever possible.

I disagree on the Chops filets. Ours were excellent quality and taste.

Anybody purchase the refreshment package on Grandeur or the prepaid coffee card for 15 specialty coffees. Can you use the refreshment package at café latitudes? I did enjoy the fresh squeezed OJ and then a coffee during the evening. We don't drink more than one alcohol drink per day so wont get that package...

Anybody purchase the refreshment package on Grandeur or the prepaid coffee card for 15 specialty coffees. Can you use the refreshment package at café latitudes? I did enjoy the fresh squeezed OJ and then a coffee during the evening. We don't drink more than one alcohol drink per day so wont get that package...

Yes, the package is 'good' at Lattetudes.

Yes, the package is 'good' at Lattetudes.

I know on past cruises we were able to get bottled water as well as specialty coffees at café latitudes. wife like the mocha-chinos. I know they are they same as starbucks just not branded the same...

Not sure about Grandeur. Our first trip on her is a Christmas and New Years cruise. But have been on Sovereign, allure and harmony.

Wear whatever makes you happy

Some (me) go all out. I love to dress up. Others (hubby) wear casual. Trousers and shirt. No jacket no tie

Unless I insist lol. But really...it's personal choice. Everything is "suggested". For me it's a great excuse to go over the top. And I never feel out of place. Hubby prefers smart casual. And this seems to be ok too. It's your holiday. Your cruise. Go all out. Or wear shorts and a tee. In my experience it doesn't matter. What ever makes you happy!!

The dress code on Grandeur says no shorts in MDR in the evening, including on casual nights. We've seen people in shorts turned away.

For those of you recently on Grandeur- if your room had a fridge could you tell me if the fridge was empty and you had a card to fill out to order sodas etc. if you wanted them?

Have heard this is the case on some ships now and hoping it is the same on Grandeur.

Thanks.

For those of you recently on Grandeur- if your room had a fridge could you tell me if the fridge was empty and you had a card to fill out to order sodas etc. if you wanted them?

Have heard this is the case on some ships now and hoping it is the same on Grandeur.

Thanks.

Just got off the Thanksgiving cruise. There were 2 1-liter bottles of water in the refrigerator. Otherwise it was empty with forms to order what you wanted anything.

DH and I are just back from our Thanksgiving-week cruise on Grandeur (stay tuned for the review). There were a couple of surprises that I hadn't read about of CC, so I wanted to share:

1. There are day-to-day drink packages offered on certain days. One was an island drink package for Cococay (Day 4) for $58 + 18%. A sea day beverage package was offered for Day 6 at "a special price." Also, all of the beverage packages were offered in the Cruise Compass as late as Day 5.

I've never seen that before , thanks for reporting.

3. The swim-up bar is back at CocoCay! :D

Glad to hear it, I was there about 10 days after Hurricane Matthew and it wasn't back yet. Get any photos?

4. Don't cruise the week of Thanksgiving unless you have a high tolerance for unruly, unsupervised children. There were 565 children aboard :eek: many of them horribly behaved with worthless parents. :mad:

I'm working on our review. If you have any Grandeur or Bahamas-related questions, please let me know.

I am not cruising until May 2017....although considering Feb. thank you for the notes about Lamb and Duck. I look forward to those dinners. Hopefully, they will be back on the menu for my next cruise...but I will adjust my expectations. I would like to add...on a Carnival cruise, my sister-in-law and I ordered duck.... I don't know what they served us...we couldn't figure it out...didn't look like duck, didn't taste like duck....we sent it back. I have always been very pleased with meals on Royal.

Any recently done cruisers on grandeur remember if they had Zumba and how was activities staff dance bands etc. I've heard good reviews for ship staff and food hopefully they will have dance and exercise opportunities. Anyone know when and if aerialists show will continue, we're going in January '17 on 12 nights can't wait.

Thanks cheers i

Any chance you attended the Quest? We sail this month, and the CD staff can sometimes make or break it. Just curious about the current CD staff.

Please post on your return cruise compass and level of activity staff. I agree staff can make or break fun. Love the quest amazing things people do for cheap prizes

Any recently done cruisers on grandeur remember if they had Zumba and how was activities staff dance bands etc. I've heard good reviews for ship staff and food hopefully they will have dance and exercise opportunities. Anyone know when and if aerialists show will continue, we're going in January '17 on 12 nights can't wait.

Thanks cheers i

They had Zumba on the Thanksgiving cruise. My guess is that it will be there if the lady that led it is still part of the cruise staff and hasn't gone on vacation.

Please post on your return cruise compass and level of activity staff. I agree staff can make or break fun. Love the quest amazing things people do for cheap prizes

We never went to the Quest until a couple of years ago, but once DD was old enough to participate... we have had the BEST time, when the CD staff was really into it. Leigh and Frank had one of the raunchier Quests (LOVED IT), so I was a little worried last sailing because we had John and Katrina (not our faves), but he actually did a great job.

I always keep the compass... maybe this time I will remember to post them.