Pack n Plays/Cribs

Oasis, yes but they are not all that clean. IF you can manage, bring your own. I have paid extra for one (Flight costs) but it is worth every cent knowing it is only my family germs and not some strangers poo or spit up staining the netting. IF you can't bring lots of Lysol wipes to really clean it before use. Oh, a note, a table mate, said they didn't get their crib until after 10PM and had to ask 3 times for it. We had no delivery issues, just some nasty stains. I actually asked the crew for something to clean it with and they gave me some of their spray and rags to use. Hope this helps.

Can you get them on the Oasis, Anthem or Allure? Have never cruised on RCL.

Thank you

We just booked a cruise on the Empress and requested a pack and play and they said it would be waiting in our room when we get there. We plan on asking for extra towels/blankets to pad it with because our daughter is a diva and likes things "cushy" :)

We just booked a cruise on the Empress and requested a pack and play and they said it would be waiting in our room when we get there. We plan on asking for extra towels/blankets to pad it with because our daughter is a diva and likes things "cushy" :)

BRU has awesome fluffy/fuzzy PnP pad covers - my daughter loved hers. That may be easy to fit in luggage to give her an extra 'diva' feel lol (And I dont remember it being very expensive, less than $20 I believe)

Yes, you can request it in advance and RCI will add it as a note on your booking confirmation (it should say "crib" or "play pen" or "play yard").

As noted by others, YMMV with respect to whether it's received in a timely manner and if it will be clean. I'm a germophobe so I'd Lysol the heck out of it regardless.

On one of my RCI sailings, the playpen was already waiting in my stateroom (but it had a broken clip, so we immediately requested a replacement that was received fairly quickly). On another RCI sailing, it wasn't already in the stateroom (although it was on my booking confirmation), and I ended up having to ask twice before it was delivered.

They do get very busy on boarding day with the stateroom cleaning, luggage delivery, etc. so things can be overlooked or delayed. Not that this should really be an excuse if arranged in advance, so it's up to you to decide whether that's forgivable...

• 10 months later...
Trying to locate the contact email form to request a play yard..Having no luck.. Anyone have the link to request one?

You can try using the Guest Special Needs form here:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

There is an "Other" section at the bottom of the form where you can enter free-form info.

If you are unsure of the size you will get, bring some large pillow cases as a sheet; they have worked well for us in fitting various hotel and cruise provided cribs in the past. We have not had to contact special needs; only notified the booking agent or TA when doing the deposit. On my next Royal Reservation it is noted under Guest Three - Special Services - PLAY YARD IN CABIN.

Edited by LMaxwell

Just a little warning, and the reason that if we do cruise with babies again, we'd have the parents bring their own pack n play

We were on the Anthem in July with extended family. My son and his family, and my daughter and her family, each requested a pack n play. We confirmed the week before because I'm a worry wort :p:p and knowing it was a peak family cruise time I wanted to be sure they would each get one and that they'd be in the cabin on arrival as it would be both babies nap time right after the cabins opened. I had read on CC that sometimes, especially during family heavy cruises they run out and you wouldn't find out until it was too late. The babies were 10 and 11months old so there would be no where else for them to sleep.

When we got to our rooms (we were all in a row) the pack and plays weren't there. They talked to their room steward, he said that it might not be until late in the evening 'if' they would get them at all since he heard the we 'short pack n plays' for our cruise. My son and daughter explained that we had confirmed and double checked that we would have them and that they would be in the room when they arrived. He said he would see what he could do. (Our steward Mariano was absolutely amazing and so helpful throughout the entire cruise) Shortly thereafter, they did receive the p-n-p's. the one my daughter received was broken (one side wouldn't stay up and it was missing a pad in the bottom cushion) when they called housekeeping to request a new one they were told there were no more pack and plays available. Mariano was a huge help and brought extra sheets and towels to make up for the missing pad, we are a family of engineers and we figured out a way to keep that collapsing side up. It was not an ideal situation, but they made do and my granddaughter slept fine all week.

The second problem.. my grandson came down with hand foot and mouth towards the end of the cruise. We can only assume it came from the pack n play, both babies had used the infant play room, another place he could have caught it, but she didn't.

If it is not terribly inconvenient, I would bring suggest you bring your own.

Just a little warning, and the reason that if we do cruise with babies again, we'd have the parents bring their own pack n play

We were on the Anthem in July with extended family. My son and his family, and my daughter and her family, each requested a pack n play. We confirmed the week before because I'm a worry wort :p:p and knowing it was a peak family cruise time I wanted to be sure they would each get one and that they'd be in the cabin on arrival as it would be both babies nap time right after the cabins opened. I had read on CC that sometimes, especially during family heavy cruises they run out and you wouldn't find out until it was too late. The babies were 10 and 11months old so there would be no where else for them to sleep.

When we got to our rooms (we were all in a row) the pack and plays weren't there. They talked to their room steward, he said that it might not be until late in the evening 'if' they would get them at all since he heard the we 'short pack n plays' for our cruise. My son and daughter explained that we had confirmed and double checked that we would have them and that they would be in the room when they arrived. He said he would see what he could do. (Our steward Mariano was absolutely amazing and so helpful throughout the entire cruise) Shortly thereafter, they did receive the p-n-p's. the one my daughter received was broken (one side wouldn't stay up and it was missing a pad in the bottom cushion) when they called housekeeping to request a new one they were told there were no more pack and plays available. Mariano was a huge help and brought extra sheets and towels to make up for the missing pad, we are a family of engineers and we figured out a way to keep that collapsing side up. It was not an ideal situation, but they made do and my granddaughter slept fine all week.

The second problem.. my grandson came down with hand foot and mouth towards the end of the cruise. We can only assume it came from the pack n play, both babies had used the infant play room, another place he could have caught it, but she didn't.

If it is not terribly inconvenient, I would bring suggest you bring your own.

Thank you for the information.. Since we are driving & not flying, bringing our own sounds like the best idea.. :)

Thank you all. We will be cruising on Allure with our daughter who will be 13 months in March and even though we have crib marked on our reservation since we are near the port I thought about bringing our own pnp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums