No cabin for a Gty?

rundent

Has anyone heard of a case where Oceania couldn't, by any means, get a cabin for a guarantee passenger? I've read where the cruise line just keeps boosting the offers till it works, but what if still no one budges?

I assume that you could guess that I am two weeks out from my next cruise with a Gty. It's a little exciting, but not worth the tension.

Has anyone heard of a case where Oceania couldn't, by any means, get a cabin for a guarantee passenger? I've read where the cruise line just keeps boosting the offers till it works, but what if still no one budges?

I assume that you could guess that I am two weeks out from my next cruise with a Gty. It's a little exciting, but not worth the tension.

Their options include increasing the offers to move someone off or move you up to a better cabin , if it comes to that.

I doubt that the ship is entirely sold out in every category.

Don't let it stress you, if you have a guarantee, you'll sail.

We were offered upgrade from window cabin to penthouse suite on a longer cruise. We said yes immediately.

You'll either get a remarkable upgrade like SD_Traveler, or you'll get your own GTY category or maybe one higher because, yes, Oceania did keep sweetening those offers to get others to upgrade or switch to different cruises altogether.

Last year, we were offered a remarkable switch to a much longer cruise, with some cash back. IF we could have traveled on those dates, we would have given it some serious thought. But it wasn't possible for us to switch. Someone else probably did...

You will get a cabin..it NEVER happens that a GTY doesnt get a cabin..

Jancruz1

We've probably had a GTY on a "G" category (inside) room 6 or 7 times now, and never had a problem. We've generally gotten our room assignment a week or two pre-cruise. To us it's almost fun not knowing until late in the game where we'll be. Other people probably can't stand that. Usually what happens is that we'll get a call around that time, asking if we'd like to move to a veranda room for a particular amount of money. Most of the time we accept; sometimes we don't. If Oceania makes you an offer, though, you need to jump on it, or it will be offered to the next person on the list.

No worry. We get gty on every cruise and have always got a good deal.

What cruise are you on?

On our September, 2015 cruise, we got a call from our TA when at the airport waiting to depart (we were flying to Barcelona 3 days before departure) that we were finally assigned a cabin and got upgraded 2 categories. Will admit it was nerve racking not knowing but getting that call definitely got our trip started on the right foot! :p

I wouldn't worry, as has been said you are guaranteed a cabin in at least the category you booked, you may get an upgrade, what a lovely surprise that would be, you'll have a fabulous cruise, just enjoy!

Edited by Lindy028

had a gty cat g for 4 months. also received many many upgrade or alt voyage offers. could not take them because we were traveling with another couple (booked in A2) and they did not get ANY offers

cabin was assigned 2-3 days before. it was upgraded --no charge--to cat E, outside obstructed, but the best of any obstructed ever, huge picture window with just a small, small commanders life boat in view.

No worry. We get gty on every cruise and have always got a good deal.

What cruise are you on?

British Isles Tapestry for 6/1/16 in a A1. I'm truly not worried. Just was wondering if it has ever happened and if it did, what would they do? Of all the cruise lines and all the cruises departing everyday around the world, never once?

• 2 weeks later...

We got an obstructed view cabin GTY and they uppgraded us to a Concierge Veranda Stateroom!!!! GUAU?

We are sailing Sirena on June 3.

Sorry for my mistakes in english but I live in Chile South America.